Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL NEWCOMERS FOR SEASON 2009/10

Keano

If it was your idea to have a reserve side, maybe you could explain why you chose not to offer Edgcumbe the oppurtunity to become that team. Especially when the team is full with local lads who also play good football that people enjoy watching?

Because i know edgecombe are a very close -knit group , and i had been advised that if they had joined us as our reserves they would be name only, what good is that to me ????? A reserve team is there to support the firsts ! i wouldnt be able to put players down to the reserves for match fittness etc !! or call players up from the reserves ,

so i decided to get a manager appointed who i know is in the same way of thinking as me. he will build a side. From next season the club will have certain policys in place that all players and managers at the club must follow.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MR A, KEANO, DANE nice to hear from you again on the forum its been a while, and its ncie to see you've changed your tact.

Went to watch the Youth team assembeled by gary hammond that you managed last year who are now known for obvious reasons as Spear Fc and i must say you have shot yourself in the foot by loosing such a group of talented youngsters. they played some cracking football won 5-0 however the margin should have been far greater but instead of running wild they saw the game out very proffessionally. what was your reason for you and the youth teams split? because i feel that with your team strgugling as it is that the committee and yourself should have worked harder to keep the youth team and bring them up to help your side out.

As far as im aware there is another pitch right next to the mill, surely Millbrook could use this pitch for their second team whilst they are developing, and use the Mill for the so called first team Ha! and the much better Edgecombe team who have earnt and deserve the clubs respect over the years. This way all parties would be happy and Edgecombe could progress up the leagues? Is there an element of fear from the Millbrook manager with regards to Edgecombe team catching his first team!! up and his position being under scrutiny. You may be new Mr Bunney but how long will it take before the committee get fed up with your teams displays and disciplinaries and let you go as i do not believe you have the know how to go anywhere else. Cheesing of your local players and their supporters wont do you or the club any favours.

Mr a, keano or dane whoever you are Ha! Ha! pretending you didnt know what happened with the youth team is a complete lie. You knew the reasons as you were the one to start them up and i see you are still playing on this forum, the main reason you tried to stop a junior player from representing millbrook u18s. So please dont try and make out you were the scapegoat!! you were in fact the ringleader.

Mr a, keano or dane whoever you are Ha! Ha! pretending you didnt know what happened with the youth team is a complete lie. You knew the reasons as you were the one to start them up and i see you are still playing on this forum, the main reason you tried to stop a junior player from representing millbrook u18s. So please dont try and make out you were the scapegoat!! you were in fact the ringleader.

Tankie looking back at all 6 of your posts your clearly linked to the youth team which is why you come across so bitter about millbrook ... can you Please point out where i claim i dont know what went on with the youth team ??? I fully understand what went on with the youth team. I am not making out i was the scapegoat either , please point out where i have claimed this , because this is the only topic i have posted on for months on this forum.

As for mark c ... AKA lewis Young of plymouth parkway reserves and former youth team player at millbrook

you know all the details as your the reason the youth team pulled away from the club!

Dane you must get your facts right for i am not Lewis young (think outside the box) and your right i do no the reasons for the u18s wanting away from and they are right in doing so i feel and tankie dane never started them up gary hammond has had that team or most of them players throughout djm u12s onwards and assembled them for dane.

by the way dane why are you still messing around on this website?

keano are you not also mr a? 'think about it' pretty obvious really!!! now read back over your postings earlier!! 'i rest my case'. mr a there is no bitterness and i wish the club well, unfortunately i believe those words will not come true under your management as you do not have the skills to put together a decent team as your results are proving, you do have some good players but they need leadership which you do not have. Also looking at the recent postings about next years second team and U18s you've probably had enough players signed and left this season to have covered all of what you want Ha! Ha! Im surprised the league havent asked you to stop signing players as the rest of the league are short Ha! And if Mr C is in fact Lewis Young it was certainly not his fault that the youth team had no other option than to pull away from millbrook it was ' in fact' your fault and your little ego. One rule for you and another for everyone else.

Guest A LEGEND!

Not attatched to the team Tankie, just an observer who sees all this distaste in millbrook and dane and feels sympathy. however, would like to know all the story so i can make a proper judgement.

Millbrook are making one BIG assumption here - in order for them to be accepted into the ECPL they will have to be voted in by the member clubs. The way they appear to be carrying on (admittedly from the outside) wouldn't make me want to vote in their favour. As someone who has played and managed against Edgecombe as they climbed impressively through the Duchy Leagues, I have to say they'd offer far more to the ECPL that Millbrook - indeed, if Millbrook's SWPL side is a reflection of what any potential ECPL side would be like, then I cant see them offering much. Edgecombe have already shown their intent by contacting a number of clubs who have made the step up in recent years for advice, and are obviously going about things in the correct manner.

Guest A LEGEND!

You are right

it happened with the u18s

any other team linked to millbrook who are seen to be better than the first team are brushed under the mat it seems.

however you are still a top man dane!

Guest pilgrim pete

All this talk about millbrook and edgecumbe is boring. At the end of the day if edgecumbe don't have the facilities and millbrook don't allow them to use there's then its tough. If millbrook have facilties and are allowed to join they should. If edgecumbe don't like it then they should save up and get there own ground. This my opinion and hope that people acept that like i accept others peoples opinions. Can we please put this to bed now!!!

Guest pilgrim pete

skyblues if you can't afford your own facilities is does not give you the right to slate another team who won' let you use their facilities. ecpl has standards if you can't meet them then don't complain. All the other clubs have financed their facilities so what different about you guys. No dought you have players to play in the ecpl but it is not just about that facilities count! Millbrook have them let them apply for the league and stop complaining!

Guest ECPL Supporter

Pilgrim Pete, do you know anything about either team? Because if you did then you would know that Edgcumbe have financed Millbrook Football Club for the last 2 years! I find it unbelievable that Millbrook can not see what is under their nose. This is a decision that Millbrook will regret and may even spell the end of a club already on a downward curve!

pilgrim pete, there is a simple reason why we dont have our own ground. we are actually a newly formed side, only been going for about 6/7 years. It is not easy to start from scratch, you honestly dont think we wouldnt love our own facility? most clubs have been established for many years, it's not as if we can just pop into our local gardening shop and buy a football pitch.

and if you read properly, we dont have a problem with millbrook setting up there own second team, something like this was always a possibilty. the problem we had was the fact we were not told, and found out on this forum despite as others said, helping keep the club going financially for a couple of years.

No dought you have players to play in the ecpl but it is not just about that facilities count! Millbrook have them let them apply for the league and stop complaining!

You could equally say that you need a team of the required standard as well, which Edgcumbe appear to have and Millbrook don't.

I can't see any justification for allowing Millbrook to form a new team and make an immediate jump to Senior Football without going through the divisions.

Yes, facilities count but first and foremost promotion should be earned on the pitch.

You could equally say that you need a team of the required standard as well, which Edgcumbe appear to have and Millbrook don't.

I can't see any justification for allowing Millbrook to form a new team and make an immediate jump to Senior Football without going through the divisions.

Yes, facilities count but first and foremost promotion should be earned on the pitch.

Guest Chris Peduck

Reading all of these posts and previously playing under dane bunney i just thought i would voice my opinion.

I am not sure what fully went on with the u18's of this year but from what i have heard they have been forced out because none of them wanted to represent Dane Bunney not Millbrook football club. This is because alot of the players of the under 18s played under Dane last year and his attitude towards the players sucks. Apparently Dane was trying to bet with other managers that they were going to win the league and cup when they actually lost both. His attitude towards 16/17 year old players was appauling with the constant barage of foul and abusive language towards them on and off of the pitch. I understand that these boys are nearly adults and will most proberly be playing mens football in a years time and this sort of behaviour will come up more often thatn not, but if the rhumors are true danes behaviour bypast even the worst managers i have played for.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest local_football_supporter

Didnt Elburton and plymstock walk straight into the east cornwall last season ??? why were they not made to start from the bottom , and they are not even in cornwall.

a club with the facilites of millbrook should be allowed in the league.

There a lot of clubs with quality players that have already applied for the ecpl from the east and also the north so why would the ecpl go for a club who hasn't even got a team to join them. Other clubs are already geared up for the experience.

Edgcumbe - St Teath - St Dennis

There a lot of clubs with quality players that have already applied for the ecpl from the east and also the north so why would the ecpl go for a club who hasn't even got a team to join them. Other clubs are already geared up for the experience.

Edgcumbe - St Teath - St Dennis

Im sorry but edgecombe dont even have a ground !! so how can you say they are geared up for it ,

How do you know millbrook havent got a team ??, im sure they will have by the season opener. I just think the league would benifit more from having clubs like millbrook in it.

while we are on the subject of grounds , do marjons have the requiered facilitys to enter ??

Private pitch with ground staff, changing rooms, toilets, clubhouse/canteen, on-site parking, POOL TABLE! Not to sure but Marjon may have quite a bit of money pumped into it soon to develop the site even more? Maybe floods & a stand in the future for their grass pitch? For them to apply it only shows the current strength of the ECPL when they got the P&WD on their doorstep!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Im sorry but edgecombe dont even have a ground !! so how can you say they are geared up for it ,

How do you know millbrook havent got a team ??, im sure they will have by the season opener. I just think the league would benifit more from having clubs like millbrook in it.

while we are on the subject of grounds , do marjons have the requiered facilitys to enter ??

How do you know they have not got plans and a pitch in hand????

Exactly !!! So who is anyone to say that millbrook havent got any players lined up. All im saying is that the league would be a much more attractive proposition for players if they were going to be visiting grounds like millbrooks.

Adlestrop just to let you know Plymouth Command won't be applying to enter the ECPL next season. We are currently playing as United Services in P and D senior. So at the moment we are probably not strong enough but we will be hoping to progress through the leagues in the future. The facilities aren't an issue as HMS Drake is probably one of the best surfaces for playing football on in the Plymouth area. The main problem Plymouth Command had prior to pulling out of the leagues a few years ago was the better players were playing for clubs who were paying money,leaving Command to rely on players who weren't up to the job. I suppose you can't blame them for that.

of course millbrooks facilities should be in the league, they are wasted at the moment, the arguement is why should a side that dont even exist be in the ecpl next season.if anyone can make up a team and apply for the league then it would become a joke. In my eyes millbrook are arrogant enough to think they already have a place in this league just because of the facilities when teams like st teath, edgcumbe and st dennis have had to work their way up the leagues to get in this position.

Teams like parkway are differnt coz they just swapped leagues, didnt make up a new side.

Millbrook shouldnt have pulled out the league a few years ago then this wouldnt even be an arguement!!

Also, we have it on good authority that if millbrook are unsuccessful, they wouldnt stop edgcumbe using their pitch, and if they go against their word edgcumbe have a few options.

Firsly i agree with majority on this site that Millbrook 2nds should start at the bottom like most others and show that they can actually play football and build there way up through the leagues. ECPL have some good strong teams and if Millbrook were to put together a team that werent any good they would be dicked week in week out, and surely with the first team struggling as they are any decent players are going to move straight into them, still leaving the 2nds with average players.

I also agree with budetownfcbicks that surely it would make sense to relegate the bottom teams as usual and allow those that have played well and deserved it this season the opportunity to play at a higher standard 'if thats what you call it'.

Well i guess its a matter of opinion which what makes this place so good. When will we find out who has made it into the leagues then?

It will be very interesting to see if the likes of marjons have got in. In regards to Millbrook i still stand by my own personal opinion! At the same time i respect those who hold a different one, But there certainly seems to be some kind of axe to grind against Millbrook on these boards.

Think it will be a very interesting end of season/pre-season.