Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL NEWCOMERS FOR SEASON 2009/10

ECPL NEWCOMERS FOR SEASON 2009/10

Word has it that at least seven clubs have or will be applying to join the ECPL for next season.

As we know the league constituion is now 32 teams (16 in each division). Tamarisde pulled out of the Premier Division before a ball was kicked and Padstow United pulled out later. Leaving the Premier Division with 14 teams.

St Newlyn East withdrew from Division One leaving 15 teams.

This means there are only 29 teams left in the league leaving three vacancies.

It would appear that a SWPL team will not be relegated unless it is voluntary. This means almost certain that their will be no relegation from the ECPL Premier Division. It is highly unlikely that an ECPL team will be able to take promotion unless a team like Sticker decides to move up. That should mean that the top two from Division One will be automatically promoted to the premier division. The 15 teams in Division One will then be reduced to 13 leaving 3 vacancies.

As I understand it the Duchy League could have two teams promoted. The leaders Edgcombe play at Millbrook so should not have a problem facility wise. second place St Dennis were in the ECPL before but pulled out - although this should be a problem and St Teath could be in the mix although not sure about their facilities. I also understand there will be an application froma Plymouth club who have superb facilities.

Does anyone have any views on the subject. The ECPL has grown in strength and apart from a few of the lesser teams is growing in standard every year. So lets not have the ECPL is crap brigade trying to run down the league, just good honest views and ideas.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chairman is talking about the Salt Mill. That's the pitch that St Blazey train on twice a week but still gets turned over in the Cornwall Senior Cup by a team straight out of junior football. In any case whether we like it or not it has nothing to do with the ECPL management committee - Once Cornwall FA decided that the pitch could be used for this league then there is nothing anyone can do about it. Put it this way if a team applies to join the league but plays on the same type of surface then providing everything else is in order the league would have to accept that team. I am also against playing on this type of surface but your argument chairman is with the CCFA not the ECPL.

I have heard within the last week that Millbrook will apply for a Reserve side to enter ECPL and Vospers may apply for the switch from P&WDL.

It may have been mentioned before but I think the league name should change to ECWDL (East Cornwall & West Devon League) for season 09/10. Would this tread on the P&WDL toes?

is it vospers?

Not if is implied by "excellent facilities"!!!!

Seriously, if Plymstock res were allowed in despite failing ground criteria, it's almost a free for all.

Vospers will have the best facilities in the p and d this season. cant think of any club in that league set up with a better pitch or club house or changing rooms. Unless im missing anyone obvious, would be intrested to know if i have, and i would't class brickfields as better than the mill. So who else could it be?

i know for a fact that millbrook have already appointed a new reserve manager for next season and intend to apply for the east cornwall league. they also have appointed new under18 manager who will run the youth team next season in line with the club policys that the first team manager has put in place

ST teath are committed to improving things at there ground,the pitch is as good as any,but needs to be fenched.The changing rooms have planning to be extended and this will be done.The Stand may even have a roof and some seats by then,only joking this will be ready as well.One big advantage is the ground is secured on a very long lease and i am sure that it will be owned in the not to distance future.Our problem is other teams already in place would not want us in.I think Edgecumbe may well have to show that they have unrestricted use of the millbrook pitch ,or how can they fulfill the requirements.Not having a go at them at all just dont understand how a senior club that actually has no home of its own ,or access to one when needed can compete at that level!

There is a worrying mindset appearing, where it seems to be accepted that the CCFA decides which facility can be imposed on a League.

I question that this has ever been the case and that the management of each League is responsible.If we are not careful Cornish senior football will be played in cages with little or no spectator facility.Who is ensuring that these plastic pitches are maintained to F.A. standards? I'm reliably informed that we have now moved on to a 4G pitch,thus moving pitch standards again.

Time for ECL to follow Phil Hiscox's stance and refuse further inroads into the standard of Cornish football before it is too late.

WAKE UP YOU LOT!

Mr.Chairman,I think you have missed a point here: looking back previous(boring) threads on the Borough pitch,it is my understanding that the ECPL Clubs initially REJECTED this facility but were overturned by the powers that(should) be at High Cross Street,leaving the League with Hobson's Choice.

Please correct me if I have mis-interpreted this somewhere along the line.

Incidentally if Salt Mill is so bad,why does your SWL team choose to train there?

Sorry the subject bores you Adlestrop, but it really is important and fundamental to maintaining certain standards in Cornish football.

Firstly,the pitch is suitable only for training on and secondly the technical and spectating area are not acceptable.

Since when did the CCFA have the power to impose these pitches on any League?

Totally agree with our Chairman. Salt Mill, or the Dragon Centre at Bodmin, or the astro turf at Poltair school are excellent facilities to train on when you want to keep grass pitches for the actual fixtures but as for playing on or watching football its awful. Its not a football ground, its a caged pitch to train on. End of.

Mr.Chairman,I think you have missed a point here: looking back previous(boring) threads on the Borough pitch,it is my understanding that the ECPL Clubs initially REJECTED this facility but were overturned by the powers that(should) be at High Cross Street,leaving the League with Hobson's Choice.

Please correct me if I have mis-interpreted this somewhere along the line.

Incidentally if Salt Mill is so bad,why does your SWL team choose to train there?

I would think it's because the majority of their players come from Plymouth, therefore they don't have to travel that far to train.

Sorry the subject bores you Adlestrop, but it really is important and fundamental to maintaining certain standards in Cornish football.

Firstly,the pitch is suitable only for training on and secondly the technical and spectating area are not acceptable.

Since when did the CCFA have the power to impose these pitches on any League?

These pitches are the future of football. They will improve the standard of football played in the long term.

I agree that the spectating arrangements at Salt Mill are far from ideal, but then there's not too much for the paying fan at St Stephen, Probus, Lifton, etc. either.

--

Richard

Which clubs would not want you in:and why not? Has your ground been passed by CCFA yet,to be suitable to play in their Senior Cup?

There will be teams in our area who are already memebers who would object to another club being allowed into senior football,there are only so many players in the area, that would be good enough and we would be considererd a threat on that front.Not going to name clubs as that would not be right and might not happen anyway. Ground has not been inspected yet but cant see any problems on that score,we would deal with any issues quickly and in time for the season.

i know for a fact that millbrook have already appointed a new reserve manager for next season and intend to apply for the east cornwall league. they also have appointed new under18 manager who will run the youth team next season in line with the club policys that the first team manager has put in place

Surely the first team manager should sort out his poor excuse for a 1st team before he starts worrying about any other teams for them to have down there

Current First team ast manager Ryan Swiggs has been appointed as millbrooks reserve manager for next season . I know this because swiggs told me himself! Apprently when the current first team manager took over the plan was to install a proper structure at the club ! I dont know the details about what went on with the youth team but i do know that its not as black and white as it seems and the 1st team manager has been made a scapegoat !

Why should millbrook be able to just pluck a reserve side out of thin air and put it in the ecpl? They should have to start from the bottom. ALl it does is lower the standard of the league(s) even more. Stability is what's needed, and the guys who elect the teams should really think long and hard about this, not just on favours etc. Edgcumbe have been consistent, worked their way up and deserve the chance now. Millbrook reserves should have to do the same.

I was given too understand that County Associations can advise respected league on rules i.e. pitches/facilities. But this is only a guidance. It is down to the respected leagues on whether they accept clubs.

Unfortunately, 3g/4g is here to stay. Myself personally I am against the use of them for competitive games. Brilliant for training and 5 a side leagues.

if Millbrook do apply for a resrve side to go in the ecpl then there prob is no way edgcumbe will be able to play down there. It is wrong as Edgcumbe have started from the bottom and worked their way up to get into that league and Millbrook are just going to make up a team and apply? Dont see how this can happen.

Also if Edgcumbe win the duchy prem surely they have more of an advantage than Millbrook of getting into the ecpl? so if edgcumbe win it, they could in fact keep a millbrook reserve side out of the ecpl?

Guest radioman

Just had a quick read through all of these posts.

I can see Millbrook are up to there tricks again. I agree with bigdawg, this new reserve team needs to start at the bottom and work there way up through the league's.

Edgcumbe are a team which have done this and deserve more gratitude from the committee at Millbrook for what they have done over the past 2 seasons.

Just think Edgcumbe could potentionaly win 3 cups this season which would put Millbrook back on the map again, for having 1 of the best local sides I have ever seen.

Anyway I await the outcome of this.

Trouble is Edgecumbe dont have a ground,we wll accept that they are a good well organised team,however all clubs applying to get into the senior leagues need a ground in place, that they can use as and when required.I doubt very much that Millbrook will be invited in to the league as a new club.That day has surely gone the league members will have learnt lessons from previous years.Obviously people will make assumptions that as St teath manager i am trying to get in through the back door,that is not the case at all .I have said before that the problems started with the introduction of the second division,ask St Newlyn east for example,they would have been better off staying in the duchy prem.As per Edgecumbe and St Dennis we need to step up to hold on to players, if there was only the one division then both the duchy prem and the ecpl would be stronger.Having said that we are now in at a stage where clubs need to able show that they can maintain the requirements of senior football,the ground is a must.Probably better fo EDgecumbe to start looking for there own ground now.

if Millbrook do apply for a resrve side to go in the ecpl then there prob is no way edgcumbe will be able to play down there. It is wrong as Edgcumbe have started from the bottom and worked their way up to get into that league and Millbrook are just going to make up a team and apply? Dont see how this can happen.

Also if Edgcumbe win the duchy prem surely they have more of an advantage than Millbrook of getting into the ecpl? so if edgcumbe win it, they could in fact keep a millbrook reserve side out of the ecpl?

Camelford did it ?

Camelford did it ?

That's even worse. I'm thinking of forming a new team. May apply for the Conference

Guest tafc.-gaffa

When i played for Edgcumbe we were told that Millbrook would give them a seasons notice if they had to move on. Obviously someone at the club is not honouring this and treating Edgcumbe like s*it which is totally wrong. As an ex-Edgcumbe captain i feel bad for the boys as i know that they have worked hard to get where they are.

Feel for you guys and i hope you get a resolve.

Camelford didnt actually do it they where already a member,the new team they formed compete in the peninsula league.

Think your wrong there Will. Didn't they apply to go into the Peninsula league and have a new team go into the East Cornwall League? Correct me if i'm wrong.

"I have said before that the problems started with the introduction of the second division,ask St Newlyn east for example,"

Kitbag,regarding your statement(above) I have 2 questions for you:

1) As you are against Div 1 ,can we assume you you will not join if the chance arises?

2)Why do you thing St.Newlyn East applied for this League despite finishing out of the top 3 ?

your statement sounds somewhat hytpercritical to me.Bearing in mind it is the ECPL Clubs who would vote you in,if they read your negative comments they just might be inclined not to bother with you.

Think about it.

Kitbag, i hope there isnt a hidden agenda in what your saying. i appreciate that you want to go up as much as us, but by putting us down and bigging your own club up in the same post makes it look a bit obvious what you are doing.

We have a lot of games to win before we can even think about going up, this is not the 1st time we have had to overcome an obstacle and as skyblues says im sure we'll sort something out and we'll be ok. Millbrook seem to think as they have good facilites they have the right to be in a higher league without earning the right.

If Millbrook would rather have a team of unknowns play on their pitch than a team of locals who generate a good home crowd, thats up to them. Just would have been nice if they told us and we didnt find out on this forum.

And TAFC-Gaffa, your 100% right about the notice.

If Millbrook would rather have a team of unknowns play on their pitch than a team of locals who generate a good home crowd, thats up to them. Just would have been nice if they told us and we didnt find out on this forum.

Just to confirm Edgecombe have been informed about this in the form of a letter sent to your club ,

in regards to notice period ..... your club were invited to commite meetings as far back as last october to discuss this but chose not to turn up to it and none since even though they have had invites.

Just to confirm Edgecombe have been informed about this in the form of a letter sent to your club ,

in regards to notice period ..... your club were invited to commite meetings as far back as last october to discuss this but chose not to turn up to it and none since even though they have had invites.

So with the 12 months notice they've got til october to find a pitch then?

If Edgcumbe win the league then they will have earned the right to be promoted. If Millbrook wonrt let them play on their pitch then they could always go to Salt Mill. Millbrook blew it a few years ago when they left the ECPL. Looks like an interesting next few months In anycase didn't the ECPL close the loophole after Camelford entered a second team they didn't even have. Perhaps if Millbrook work their way up from the bottom of the Duchy League they will have earned it.

Keano we went to the 1st few meetings then were told we didnt have to come to the meetings unless we had something to ask about, when we did go we were only there for the 1st 10 minutes then asked to leave so you could all discuss the finincial ruin the football club is in anyway.

No letter has been recieved yet, our manager rang the chairman of millbrook when he read this forum. We should have been told from the very beginning that this was Millbrooks plan, then we wouldnt have a problem with it, its something called respect.

Maybe you werent keen on having us down there as we were showing your side up a bit, like the under 18s as well.

Keano we went to the 1st few meetings then were told we didnt have to come to the meetings unless we had something to ask about, when we did go we were only there for the 1st 10 minutes then asked to leave so you could all discuss the finincial ruin the football club is in anyway.

No letter has been recieved yet, our manager rang the chairman of millbrook when he read this forum. We should have been told from the very beginning that this was Millbrooks plan, then we wouldnt have a problem with it, its something called respect.

Maybe you werent keen on having us down there as we were showing your side up a bit, like the under 18s as well.

Look im not going to get into a slagging match with edgecombe over this , what i will say is this, its me that has pushed for a reserve team , forget how results are going on the pitch i think its vital for a club to have a structure in place at the very least and that is something millbrook has not had for a while , so i have pushed for a reserve team and a new u18 team for next season and the commite have backed me 100%,

From my point of view i have to do what i think is best for millbrook not edgecombe. Im not going to get involved in discussing what league we should start from , ill let the club work that out with what ever league. but at the end of the day we will have a reserve team.

Im also not going to get involved in petty squables about our former u18 team or what percentage of the meetings you were allowed to stay for , but what i do know is that your club were made known it was in there interest to attend the said meetings as we were discussing next season . for whatever reason no-one came , so we had to press on .

I hope you get a new home sorted so you can play in the next step up, as there is no denying you deserve it , but millbrook has now got to start looking after themselfs and doing whats best for millbrook ,

We dont have a problem with Millbrook wanting to progress as a club by getting a reserve side in, what we have the problem with is the lack of respect they have shown our football club who kept Millbrook out of administration last season.

You say we were invited to the meetings, i myself went to one of the meetings and we were told not to bother coming unless we had something we wanted to bring up. It is pretty clear you were plotting behind our backs. if you said to us at the begining what your plans were there would be no problems from our position. Maybe we could have even been offered the chance to become Millbrook 2nds, then we could have no complaints whatsoever about whats happened.

At the end of the day it is Millbrook FC, they can do what they like, but its actions like this that stops it earning the respect clubs like Torpoint Atheltic have gained.

I find it quite sad, especially as the majority of players in our club actually played for Millbrook under 18s and the 2nd and 1st team years ago, and have a lot more respect for the club than people that have been down there 2 mins. Not any more.