Cornwall Football Forum

Things are hotting up in Duchy Division 2

Yeah definately manaldo, we have got Camelford at home this weekend and i definately will not underestimate them as they had a couple decent players when we played them away.

Have Bodmin Saints lost a lot of players because their results seem to be slipping, along with week st mary (although they have a fairly decent lead that may take some losing).

Best team iv come across so far this season is Probus in my eyes, although st stephen were good wen we face them although their 1st team didnt have a game and a few players looked suspiciously superiour to others, although we only lost 3-2 and we had 10 men!!

who are you involved with Woodmanlado?

plus anyone know how many teams go up this year?? i have also heard that Hollywell bay may be folding in the league above and Foxhole in the Premier so this may affect the number of teams promoted!?

Any ideas, as im new to the whole management and league set-up really having been a fairly un-known player haha

Chapelmanager...

I heard that Bodmin Saints have lost the Ames brothers to Bodmin Town East Cornwall Side, not sure how much truth there is in this.

Yeah Probus have got a good side, a number of the team played for Roseland in the Duchy Prem last season, and a few others should be in the Probus East Cornwall side but fell out with the manager.

I play for Grampound FC.

Roseland in the prem have already folded and at least one side will go up to the East Cornwall leagues. It normally depends on who drops out and how many come in the Duchy league but I would guess that at least 3 or 4 will go up - it varies season to season though. The top 4 from Duchy 2 went up last season. Therefore it's all to play for.

The Ames brothers are still Saint's players according to manager Hickers. I spoke to him a few minutes ago and he has had no news to the contrary.

As for our last result? Im told St Minver played very well last Saturday. The game was badly disrupted by the strong winds and apparently the pitch was not of a good standard size-wise.

Saints are well placed at second behind Week St Mary but I agree almost anything can happen in the division. Its gonna be a great run-in.

100% confirmed: The Ames brothers are Bodmin Sants still.

yeah things are getting good in the division. We arent playing our best at the moment and had a major slip up to st anns chapel on saturday where we should have won and maybe on a better day (no WIND!) we might of been able to get the win (not using it as an excuse though) Dunno how they beat us twice. i still think it will be Week St mary though they seem to be pretty consistant. And losing to bole at bole is no suprise as they have a great side and are hard to beat at home.