Cornwall Football Forum

Credit to Grounds Men&Women

I would just like to thank all the people involved in the hard work that goes into getting the pitches ready for the games we all look forward to and then slag off lol but having been up to mount wise Newquay and seen the playing surface a special weldone to the people up there as its looking the best i have ever seen it shame they cant do something with brian Beggins looks lol only jokin brian its turning into a real good feel again there best wishes to all for 2009 !!!

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

I'm sure our grounsman appreciates your comments, he has received many compliments this season and all of us supporters thank him for his continuing hard work.

Groundspersons around the county will have their work cut out this week, rain, wind, snow and god knows what else is forecast for the next 7 days, many matches will be off next Sat.

Guest Peppermint

What a nice posting and a deserved compliment for our Groundsman Steve - he does indeed earn all the plaudits for his work in making Mount Wise's playing surface a real credit.

All groundsmen deserve praise for their efforts especially at this time of the year.

Thanks Vinny Jones - Brian Biggin is our President and is obviously a well respected figure in Cornish Football and I think he has probably done just about every job connected with the Club including Secretary, Manager etc.

Steve deserves a lot of credit for his effort, there's nothing like having a scottish man shouting at you to get out of the goalmouth when warming up! It is great to see the pitch at Mount Wise returning to the standard that so many people used to refer to when it wasn't quite at its best.

I am sure there are many volunteers contributing their time to local football clubs and our Combo game at St Day probably wouldn't have gone ahead if it wasn't for some prompt action by the groundsman.