DIVISION ONE

Camelford 0 St Columb Major 0

Holsworthy v Elburton Villa (Postponed)

Nanpean Rovers 0 Lifton 3

Roche v Polperro (Postponed)

St Dominick 0 Plymouth Parkway 8

Rowett Insurance League Cup 2nd Round

Callington Town v Biscovey (Postponed)

From these results today Saltash got Top of the league but have still got to play Torpoint at the Mill.

The Torpoint game was a first class match today with the Launceston GoalKeeper bringing off a first class save in the second half to deny Torpoint the three points. :clapper: Well sone both teams on a first class match.

Guest Turkish

A great game down the mill today in which my opinion Torpoint were unlucky not to win. Having said that Launceston came close on the odd occasion but the play was dominated by Torpoint. Launceston's GK was called into action a number of times late on and Torpoint had an absolute definate penalty in the 2nd half when a Launceston defender pulled down Cardew in the box only for the ref to give the decision the other way, much to the disbelief from everyone in the ground. But all in all a good football afternoon with much entertainment

No complaints about the result at Sticker today because we (Bere Alston), were awful in the 2nd half and Sticker were overall the better side and played some good stuff in windy conditions...

Competed well for 25 minutes and were unlucky with an effort from Dan Pethick that hit the post, but two goals in a minute midway through the first half knocked us back and although we pulled one back from Dan Pethick after a good move down our left, a third from Sticker right on half time killed us.

However, the windy conditions played a part in two of Stickers first half goals as the first and third goals were crosses that deviated in the wind over our GK (nothing he could do about either of them) and their second goal was an awful mix up by our CD & RB that was seized upon and punished by Chris Kitson.

Having said that our GK Craig Howells pulled off a string of outstanding saves to keep it respectable after we had capitulated in the latter part of the second half and Sticker had a young lad playing in CM that ran the game...Only 16....very impressive....Don't know his name but maybe someone from Sticker will post it on here later.

Was more disapointed in the way one or two of my senior players gave up in the 2nd half and the performance in the last 70 minutes than the actual result....Well done to Sticker though, I think they are a well drilled outfit that will go close this season.

Guest JackSticker 2

Not going to lie to you, it was a cross aimed at the far post for kitson, but fortnunatley for me scored the 1st. I think Ansell's (goal 3) was a cross. He admitted that.

The lad you refer to is Jordan Dingle. Very good young player. Played for Charlestown boys beforehand. He was quality today, but today was a team performance, and that was good. Especially in the final third I thought that we were excellent.

Two of our players had County Youth today, and one on a course, and we played anyway and that was testimony to the squad we have at Sticker. So ideal victory. Well done to Bere Alston, a very fair game, with no incident, or bookings.

It was definately a game of 2 halfs we totally controlled the first half with st stephens keeper making two fine saves to deny us , Paul cowling scored our goal well worked from the centre of midfeild with a through ball to cowling who took his goal well,(against a strong wind) should have gone in half time 3 up!! And then half time appeared???

still trying to work out what happened to us :unsure::unsure:

St Stephens came out a totally differant team they worked hard for each other and kept the ball, moving it around quickly they closed us down and we did not react to it, we let them play as if we had totally given up i was very disappointed with our lads secound half performance :angry2::angry2::angry2:

All credit to st stephens managemant on what they are acheiving at there club he got it spot on in the secound half and has some cracking players well desrved lads and all the best for the rest of the season!! :drink:

I can see now why you are up there and that i have a lot more work to do where i am!! :o

Thanks for your sportmanship

Regards

Tavistock 2nds :thumbsup:

Went to watch the St.Dominick v Parkway game yesterday and to be fair to St. Dominick it wasn't a case of them being bad. Parkway were a class above them in all departments really. Particularly impressed with the centre midfielders and the Young lad up front, he took his goals really well. But credit to St Dominick they gave them a good game for 60 minutes, and the half time Pasty was the best i've had in years :drink: