Cornwall Football Forum

Statement regarding Mawgan Utd FC

Before you read this please understand that I have notified the secretary of all other clubs mentioned to confirm their consent and ensuring that to the best of my knowledge I am factually correct.

I have refrained from writing this for over a month now, as I believed that the FHFL would inform all clubs within Division Two of the situation surrounding Mawgan United’s points reduction and fine. As they have so far failed to do so I feel I have no option but to post this.

I hope that when the League Management Committee eventually release an official explanation of the charges brought against Mawgan United, that it is clear for all that this has not been solely about the issue of RNFA clearance, but a culmination of offences, including knowingly playing a player registered with another club.

In early September I was asked by the FHFL league secretary in my capacity as head of Naval Air Command Football and a member of the RNFA General Council to confirm whether two players within the league were service players as they had received a complaint from St Keverne FC that one of their registered players was playing under a different name for Mawgan United.

On this occasion I was more than happy to inform them that I knew both players and could confirm that both existed and that one was a service player, and that the other was not.

On receiving confirmation of this, I understand that the League Secretary was concerned that the player registered with Mawgan United had a home address of RNAS Culdrose, Helston, Cornwall. In fact a number of players registered with the club had this as their home address but no RNFA clearance had been received.

As I have been subsequently informed, the League sent a series of correspondence to Mawgan’s Secretary asking for an explanation and for the RNFA Notice of Approach paperwork.

In November a further letter was sent the week before our fixture against them giving the club 14 days to submit the missing paperwork.

On the Wednesday before our fixture I received a phone call from Mr McPhilbin confirming the fixture and asking if we would waiver the club’s seven days notice of approach for one our players who wished to sign for him.

I had previously spoken to the player who had recently moved down from Portsmouth and who had not yet played for us, I understood that a number of his workmates played at Mawgan and was therefore happy to do so.

I informed both the player and McPhilbin that if the player in question brought the transfer form into work I would sign it, however he would need RNFA clearance. No transfer form was produced and I therefore thought no more on the matter.

When we arrived for the fixture we were firstly surprised to see a player known to both myself and my co-manager who had played against us only a couple of weeks before for Mawnan Smith. We were more than suspicious when the above named player who used to play with my co-manager at Porthleven asked us where the home changing room was.

I was then asked by McPhilbin to sign the transfer form to allow our own player to play against us in the game. I asked McPhilbin if he had obtained RNFA clearance and he said, “yeah it was sorted in the week”. My co-manager separately asked the same question and received the same response.

Like the last two encounters the game was competitive with Mawgan edging it 2-0 and was a credit to both sides. On completion we went back to Helston Cricket Club where it was apparent from early on that McPhilbin was reluctant to produce a team sheet.

We had encountered this before with Mawgan who we knew had played one of our registered players last season in three separate fixtures, including scoring in the cup against Perranwell FC. Constantine FC had also complained to the League that season, as they believed that the player had also played against them too but no charges were brought as Mawgan had failed to submit a team sheet for the game in question. .

In the 2006/07 season whilst in a battle for promotion with Frogpool & Cusgarne I was outraged when two of my players including my keeper had informed me that they had played for Mawgan over Easter Leave ‘to keep fit’ as we had no fixtures! Again I lodged a complaint with the league secretary and again no action was taken due to ‘a lack of evidence’ even though both players had admitted to doing so.

On this occasion my Co-manager made sure a team sheet was produced and ensured that the player who had played for Mawnan Smith’s name was on it. We therefore were put at ease, as we believed that he was signed on. I genuinely wished Mawgan all the best for the season and believed that unlike last year they would be promoted and probably as champions.

When I submitted my team sheet on the Tuesday evening as usual, I was informed by the League secretary that they had not received a team sheet from Mawgan United for our fixture I was also informed of the leagues 14 days notice to Mawgan for the missing paperwork and asked to enquire whether the RNFA had received Notice of Approach for any of these players.

I was also informed that Mr Sobey was to hand deliver a further letter of correspondence giving a final seven days notice to produce the paperwork or action would be taken against them.

I received an e-mail back from the RNFA with a letter attached addressed to the League Registration Secretary stating that the RNFA had no record of any Notice of Approach for any player registered with Mawgan United FC.

The following week I was informed that Mawnan Smith FC had complained to the League after a player registered with their club had admitted playing in two fixtures for Mawgan United including the one against us. Again the Secretary at Mawnan Smith had agreed to waiver the 7 days notice of approach but no transfer form was ever produced for signature.

I therefore at that stage made a formal complaint with the FHFL in my capacity as Club Secretary for the following reasons:

Mawgan United had 13 players available that day, 12 of which featured during the 90 minutes.

Of those 12 players, 7 were subsequently found to be unregistered players:

5 – Royal Naval personnel without RNFA Clearance iaw FA Rules

1 – Royal Air Force personnel without Commanding Officer’s Letter of permission iaw FA Rules

1 – Player registered with Mawnan Smith Football Club.

The unused substitute was also signed on the day of the game and was a service player who I was again told had clearance and who was found to have not.

I understand that it was at this time that the club was asked to attend a League hearing and were initially deducted the points for all games preceding ours that they had submitted a team sheet for, leaving them seven points and a substantial fine. No team sheet had been received at the time for the Lizard or Troon games.

After the hearing a new club secretary was appointed and team sheets were submitted for the two games including the service players. RNFA notice of approach had now been received for all these players but dated after both fixtures and therefore again proving the players were unregistered at the time.

Mawgan were deducted a further 4 points for the draw against Lizard and victory at Troon because of this.

That leaves the club on three points, ironically for the win against Culdrose. These have not yet been deducted because of the more serious charge of playing a player registered with another club which has to be answered at a separate league meeting this Tuesday, and because the League have still yet to receive a team sheet from Mawgan united for the fixture.

Recently I have been verbally abused both in person on more than one occasion and on this forum, both of which have led me to question whether after 16 years in Cornish Football, if it is really worth continuing.

For those of you that have defended Mr McPhilbin and feel he and his club have been unjustly treated I hope this clarifies the facts.

The severity of consequences a player injured whilst playing without RNFA clearance would encounter far outweigh the abuse that I have received on this forum.

A serviceman would not receive compensation or indeed his medical pension if found to not have clearance to play. The club in question could also be open to a compensation claim by the MOD which would I believe be far more expensive that the cost of faxing a sheet of paper and waiting for a reply.

Mr McPhilbin has put the careers and pensions of all those service players at risk week after week and for that alone he deserves to be punished, I am disappointed and sorry that the players have been the biggest losers because of his actions and hope that Mawgan United come through this as a club.

It has been alleged in previous threads that the Navy activate this rule when it pleases. This is totally untrue, the reason that many service players get away with playing without clearance is that they have submitted a home address to the league when signing on that is a civilian address, and therefore they go unchecked.

If a Manager has the stupidity to submit a signing on form with the players address being that of a service establishment, but does not submit the RNFA clearance, then they deserve to be punished.

The rule is not a Navy rule but FA Rule C, 2c – Service Players. The Notice of Approach Form is on the RNFA and the CCFA websites, every serviceman is made fully aware of the rule when joining RNAS Culdrose and the rule applies to every Club and League in the country.

Mr McPhilbin has lied to both Culdrose managers in order to sign one of our players, played another team’s player in the same game and risked a number of service player’s careers. I have remained civil when I have encountered the man and have defended myself when confronted in public by players that in their defence have been told half-truths.

I am also not surprised by the nature of his comments on this forum and therefore instructed Richard Chown to allow the thread to remain, even though the Administrators regarded it as offensive. This is because I believe it shows the level of stupidity of the individual that has resulted in his clubs current situation.

I wish all players at Mawgan United the best for the remainder of the season and just prey the actions of their manager do not result in their suspension from the League. I do however hope they read this and make their own judgement on who is to blame for their current predicament and hope this individual is punished accordingly.

Yours in sport.

Scooby Plenty

one mans stupidity has cost the rest of the team to suffer. such a shame.

it is a shame when local football, (not professional) gets that serious that one man has to take abuse not only in person but over a forum that hundreds of people read. pretty bang out of order.

like you said scooby, best leave the thread on so people can see what an idiot he is.

thank you for putting the rest of the league straight.

phil

Thanks for your side of the story in this mess Scooby. Reading some of the other comments in other threads, i knew that some of the Mawgan players hadn't been told the "whole truth" already. I have experienced some of the issues raised on here with regards to Mawgan and it seems fitting that they should be punished accordingly. It's never nice to see clubs in this sort of trouble and i don't think that it is in anyones real interests to see Mawgan kicked out of the league, but as the League Council will say, "rules are rules"! A similar thing happened to Praze a few seasons ago and even after their secretary standing up at the AGM and admitting to everyone that it was solely his fault, they were voted out.

I am surprised that a more definitive statement hasn't been made by the league already, it would certainly stop the unhelpful rumours that are going around. I imagine that they are waiting for all issues to be resolved and dealt with before doing so.

Anyway lets hope this unsavoury mess gets sorted out asap and everyone can get back to enjoying the beautiful game!

It is a shame when clubs lose points but rules are rules, even though at times we do not like the outcome or we think that some rules are not sensible.

The clearence came in for service player because players would get injured playing for civilian teams and could not carrying out their duties for the military authorites and the MOD was getting uptight about having to pay for players injured competing in civilian sport without their knowledge.

Scooby is quite right to bring this to the notice of the authorites, as an ex serviceman who knows that injury can affect your career in the armed service and even see you have to leave because you are unable to carry on your duties. It would be totally irresponsible for any club not to seek clearence for their service players, and for service players to ensure that the club they play for have got such clearence.

If they get injured and because of this injury means they can no longer continue in service, they would not only lose their career but any compensation, all because of a piece of paper.

In regards to the Mawgan situation, yes the club is responsible and therefore is paying the price for their mistake but surely the service personnel know they have to have clearence, so they should take some responsiblity by not checking themselves, its their careers on the line.

Guest pitch invader

Well said Scooby we are with you 100% its been going on for a long time pure cheating and thats from the locals who have left ask any of the old lads who started the club GET OUT :SM_carton: :SM_carton:

Always two sides to every story and good to hear both sides. Lets hope after their meeting on Tuesday that the FHFL will issue a statement giving the ABSOLUTE reasons for the current state that Mawgan FC find themselves in. Lets also hope that this will not result in the end of a club that has been around for 50 or 60 years or so.

Thank god that this is Cornwall 2009 and not the Salem witch trials!

first of all can i say that I am being judged in a kangaroo court, by people who take the word of a complete gobshite, Yes I overlooked getting the Navy clearance something that I have admitted from the start, and we have paid the price for that but it wasn't out of malice or trying to cheat or to cripple the Royal Navy it was an oversight and something that we have been punished for!

None of this came out until we beat culdrose though (that isn't me looking for someone to blame as I have admitted it is an oversight on my part so accept full responsability for it) but to say it started at the start of the season is simply not true!

None of the Mawgan players have been lied to or been told half truth's everyone has known the score.

We are guilty of playing a player that wasn't signed on something else that I admitted in front of the gestapo when I was there, but I am assuming that I am not the only person to have done this in the history of Cornish football as I know it happens on a weekly basis and has happened against us quite a few times but I button up and get on with it.

I along with everybody else in football also know that teams who have senior teams and 1st teams in higher leagues 'load up' with players when the higher side doesn't have a game. Everyone knows that this is the case and teams wing it and get away with it, as was said to me by the Fal/Hel league gestapo when I was there, it is just a case of them not being able to prove anything again this has happened to us on numerous occasions but we bite our lip and get on with it.. I tried to wing it with 1 player and got caught out, got fined and paid the price. I know nothing about a St Keverne player as because of the rivalry none of the St Keverne players would come and play for Mawgan. (fact)

I have never at any point tried to make Scooby out to be a 'pantomine villain' but have said that he is a gobshite and that is a statement that I stand by as he can't keep his mouth when he has had a couple and has said some things about me and my family but I'm sure we will have words in private over that!

Lastly Col Newsham has had a thing or 2 to say on the subject but I have no problems with Col whatsoever and would just like to ask him 1 question. In all the time you have run or helped to run a club have you ever played a ringer? I already know the answer Col you don't have to reply!

So at the end of it all,

am I the devil? NO

did I shoot JFK? NO

did I knock down the twin towers? NO

did I mistake a couple of mistakes in trying to do everything from top to bottom trying to keep a football club going?(something that I didn't want to do this season but if I hadn't the club would have folded) YES

Kangaroo court adjourned let the Tar and Feathering begin!

Mac

Guest geachy1

your right mac i know loads of teams that have played unregistard players and players under differant names.

absolutey loads of teams!!!

mawgan have been made example of.

but this is a problem that happening all the time not just at mawgan fc.

also i have also been talking to other people about this they have said that in previous seasons they have played raf and naval service men without asking for permission.and nuffin happend

not joining in on any kangaroo court but! i will say calling people names on the forum will not win friends or influence people :unsure:

as someone who was involved in the praze situation that was mentioned by a previous poster. we owned up to our mistake as a club. and see how the clubs supported us when we were made to apply for re election when we were not even in the bottom 3. :unsure: should mawgan be made to do the same as the league has set a prescedent :glare:

Before you read this please understand that I have notified the secretary of all other clubs mentioned to confirm their consent and ensuring that to the best of my knowledge I am factually correct.

I have refrained from writing this for over a month now, as I believed that the FHFL would inform all clubs within Division Two of the situation surrounding Mawgan United’s points reduction and fine. As they have so far failed to do so I feel I have no option but to post this.

I hope that when the League Management Committee eventually release an official explanation of the charges brought against Mawgan United, that it is clear for all that this has not been solely about the issue of RNFA clearance, but a culmination of offences, including knowingly playing a player registered with another club.

In early September I was asked by the FHFL league secretary in my capacity as head of Naval Air Command Football and a member of the RNFA General Council to confirm whether two players within the league were service players as they had received a complaint from St Keverne FC that one of their registered players was playing under a different name for Mawgan United.

On this occasion I was more than happy to inform them that I knew both players and could confirm that both existed and that one was a service player, and that the other was not.

On receiving confirmation of this, I understand that the League Secretary was concerned that the player registered with Mawgan United had a home address of RNAS Culdrose, Helston, Cornwall. In fact a number of players registered with the club had this as their home address but no RNFA clearance had been received.

As I have been subsequently informed, the League sent a series of correspondence to Mawgan’s Secretary asking for an explanation and for the RNFA Notice of Approach paperwork.

In November a further letter was sent the week before our fixture against them giving the club 14 days to submit the missing paperwork.

On the Wednesday before our fixture I received a phone call from Mr McPhilbin confirming the fixture and asking if we would waiver the club’s seven days notice of approach for one our players who wished to sign for him.

I had previously spoken to the player who had recently moved down from Portsmouth and who had not yet played for us, I understood that a number of his workmates played at Mawgan and was therefore happy to do so.

I informed both the player and McPhilbin that if the player in question brought the transfer form into work I would sign it, however he would need RNFA clearance. No transfer form was produced and I therefore thought no more on the matter.

When we arrived for the fixture we were firstly surprised to see a player known to both myself and my co-manager who had played against us only a couple of weeks before for Mawnan Smith. We were more than suspicious when the above named player who used to play with my co-manager at Porthleven asked us where the home changing room was.

I was then asked by McPhilbin to sign the transfer form to allow our own player to play against us in the game. I asked McPhilbin if he had obtained RNFA clearance and he said, “yeah it was sorted in the week”. My co-manager separately asked the same question and received the same response.

Like the last two encounters the game was competitive with Mawgan edging it 2-0 and was a credit to both sides. On completion we went back to Helston Cricket Club where it was apparent from early on that McPhilbin was reluctant to produce a team sheet.

We had encountered this before with Mawgan who we knew had played one of our registered players last season in three separate fixtures, including scoring in the cup against Perranwell FC. Constantine FC had also complained to the League that season, as they believed that the player had also played against them too but no charges were brought as Mawgan had failed to submit a team sheet for the game in question. .

In the 2006/07 season whilst in a battle for promotion with Frogpool & Cusgarne I was outraged when two of my players including my keeper had informed me that they had played for Mawgan over Easter Leave ‘to keep fit’ as we had no fixtures! Again I lodged a complaint with the league secretary and again no action was taken due to ‘a lack of evidence’ even though both players had admitted to doing so.

On this occasion my Co-manager made sure a team sheet was produced and ensured that the player who had played for Mawnan Smith’s name was on it. We therefore were put at ease, as we believed that he was signed on. I genuinely wished Mawgan all the best for the season and believed that unlike last year they would be promoted and probably as champions.

When I submitted my team sheet on the Tuesday evening as usual, I was informed by the League secretary that they had not received a team sheet from Mawgan United for our fixture I was also informed of the leagues 14 days notice to Mawgan for the missing paperwork and asked to enquire whether the RNFA had received Notice of Approach for any of these players.

I was also informed that Mr Sobey was to hand deliver a further letter of correspondence giving a final seven days notice to produce the paperwork or action would be taken against them.

I received an e-mail back from the RNFA with a letter attached addressed to the League Registration Secretary stating that the RNFA had no record of any Notice of Approach for any player registered with Mawgan United FC.

The following week I was informed that Mawnan Smith FC had complained to the League after a player registered with their club had admitted playing in two fixtures for Mawgan United including the one against us. Again the Secretary at Mawnan Smith had agreed to waiver the 7 days notice of approach but no transfer form was ever produced for signature.

I therefore at that stage made a formal complaint with the FHFL in my capacity as Club Secretary for the following reasons:

Mawgan United had 13 players available that day, 12 of which featured during the 90 minutes.

Of those 12 players, 7 were subsequently found to be unregistered players:

5 – Royal Naval personnel without RNFA Clearance iaw FA Rules

1 – Royal Air Force personnel without Commanding Officer’s Letter of permission iaw FA Rules

1 – Player registered with Mawnan Smith Football Club.

The unused substitute was also signed on the day of the game and was a service player who I was again told had clearance and who was found to have not.

I understand that it was at this time that the club was asked to attend a League hearing and were initially deducted the points for all games preceding ours that they had submitted a team sheet for, leaving them seven points and a substantial fine. No team sheet had been received at the time for the Lizard or Troon games.

After the hearing a new club secretary was appointed and team sheets were submitted for the two games including the service players. RNFA notice of approach had now been received for all these players but dated after both fixtures and therefore again proving the players were unregistered at the time.

Mawgan were deducted a further 4 points for the draw against Lizard and victory at Troon because of this.

That leaves the club on three points, ironically for the win against Culdrose. These have not yet been deducted because of the more serious charge of playing a player registered with another club which has to be answered at a separate league meeting this Tuesday, and because the League have still yet to receive a team sheet from Mawgan united for the fixture.

Recently I have been verbally abused both in person on more than one occasion and on this forum, both of which have led me to question whether after 16 years in Cornish Football, if it is really worth continuing.

For those of you that have defended Mr McPhilbin and feel he and his club have been unjustly treated I hope this clarifies the facts.

The severity of consequences a player injured whilst playing without RNFA clearance would encounter far outweigh the abuse that I have received on this forum.

A serviceman would not receive compensation or indeed his medical pension if found to not have clearance to play. The club in question could also be open to a compensation claim by the MOD which would I believe be far more expensive that the cost of faxing a sheet of paper and waiting for a reply.

Mr McPhilbin has put the careers and pensions of all those service players at risk week after week and for that alone he deserves to be punished, I am disappointed and sorry that the players have been the biggest losers because of his actions and hope that Mawgan United come through this as a club.

It has been alleged in previous threads that the Navy activate this rule when it pleases. This is totally untrue, the reason that many service players get away with playing without clearance is that they have submitted a home address to the league when signing on that is a civilian address, and therefore they go unchecked.

If a Manager has the stupidity to submit a signing on form with the players address being that of a service establishment, but does not submit the RNFA clearance, then they deserve to be punished.

The rule is not a Navy rule but FA Rule C, 2c – Service Players. The Notice of Approach Form is on the RNFA and the CCFA websites, every serviceman is made fully aware of the rule when joining RNAS Culdrose and the rule applies to every Club and League in the country.

Mr McPhilbin has lied to both Culdrose managers in order to sign one of our players, played another team’s player in the same game and risked a number of service player’s careers. I have remained civil when I have encountered the man and have defended myself when confronted in public by players that in their defence have been told half-truths.

I am also not surprised by the nature of his comments on this forum and therefore instructed Richard Chown to allow the thread to remain, even though the Administrators regarded it as offensive. This is because I believe it shows the level of stupidity of the individual that has resulted in his clubs current situation.

I wish all players at Mawgan United the best for the remainder of the season and just prey the actions of their manager do not result in their suspension from the League. I do however hope they read this and make their own judgement on who is to blame for their current predicament and hope this individual is punished accordingly.

Yours in sport.

Scooby Plenty

just did a word count on this post and it is 1867 words long. how long did this take you you to type? do you work?

just did a word count on this post and it is 1867 words long. how long did this take you you to type? do you work?

Yawn! Your previous post was removed for an equally pointless comment, yet you feel the need to post another piece of rubbish. I don't know whats sadder, the fact that you've posted again, the fact that you had to quote the original posters message that YOU thought was too long or the fact that you've bothered to do a word count?

rubbish? pfft i kno many people who really wanted to find out how many words were in this post. and im being seriaaas.

and i was quoting the loooooong comment. then informing the public of how many words there were. is there any sources we can find some more information on this subject? has this post been checked for playdurism?

Guest not a footy fan

I have never played football. I am however ex-service. I have known Scooby a long time and I watch and support Culdrose during their home matches when possible since he has been manager. I NEVER thought I would have to lower myself to get involved in a sport I care absolutely nothing about, however after talking to him tonight I thought I would see for myself what this forum or more importantly the posts regarding Mawgan FC were all about. I have to say I have never been so appalled in all my life to see the complete lack of respect for someone who is nothing except a completely honest and passionate football manager. I know for a FACT that he complained to the league last season about Mawgan FC playing one of his players illegally. Nothing apparently could be proved on this occasion even though the player admitted it. Culdrose beat Mawgan in that season. (Sour grapes?). Now it seems there are even more serious forgotten forms call them what you will. How ANY serving member of the Royal Navy or any of the services can find it acceptable that their manager, the person supposed to be in charge of their welfare during their involvement in ANY sport, can overlook something as simple as a faxed form to cover them should, God forbid, anything serious happen to them, is beyond me. Service players should remember that their loyalty is ultimately to their job. In these uncertain times a lack of compensation would surely be far more painfull than any injury. All that aside, playing other teams players is illegal, and in my opinion is surely not in the spirit of the game. After reading Scooby's statement above it seems there is written evidence of times, matches etc the list could go on and on of other offences committed by Mawgan FC. Who's fault this is I do not know but it is NOT Scooby's. If the people in charge of the league have finally caught up with this list then once again it is NOT Scooby's fault. I hope they make this very clear in the very near future. He runs his team to the letter. He has told me he has had fines for not putting the goal next to the the SCORERS NAME after a 1st team match. I can imagine the stick he took for that, but at no time did he blame anyone else for his shortcomings!

The last thing I would like to say, having spoken to Scooby earlier during the evening, is that he is deeply upset about things being said against him and seemingly in favour of Mawgan FC. His family, especially his 8 year old son are also extremely upset that Scoob is considering leaving football behind even though he has done absolutely no wrong. Any team that needs to cheat surely isn't the best team in my opinion whatever the sport. I can't imagine Manchester United playing Didier Drogba under Wayne Rooney's name! I would say let Mawgan continue in the league, but every other team would be dubious if it was ever an honest game of football. My last comments are to those service personell who have the audacity to speak to or write about Scooby with such little lack of respect are lucky that there is no rank in sport and he doesn't troop your arses all the way to the Captain! I have watched many Culdrose matches and no-one can match the true team spirit those guys have and week after week that is credit to all the work that Scooby does on the side-lines and behind the scenes. If I was in his shoes I would be seriously considering taking legal advice for some of the slanderous outbursts on this forum and the abuse he takes while out in town. If Scooby has defended himself on these occasions then he will only have been speaking the truth. He would have nothing to gain by telling anything less than the truth. I only hope he takes stock and realises he is above all this and at the end of the day THE TRUTH WILL OUT! Right Vladimirschmediscsthoff get on and word count this.

F.A. RULE C2© SERVICE PLAYERS

(i) While serving in any branch of Her Majesty's Regular Forces, a Player may not hold a contract of employment with any Club under the jurisdiction of The Association or an Affiliated Association.

(ii) Neither a Club nor any person may attempt to induce a Player of any Club of any branch of Her Majesty's Regular Forces to play for another Club during the current season without at least fourteen (14) days written notice of approach - in the case of the Army to the Secretary of The Army Football Association, the Royal Navy to the Secretary of The Royal Navy Football Association and the Royal Air Force to the Player's Commanding Officer. The notice must be forwarded by Special Delivery or Recorded Post, or a written acknowledgement otherwise obtained. facsimile or e-mail transmission may be used provided a receipt of acknowledgement is also obtained.

We have this rule in the Combo as I expect so does every league

RULE 8

© Clubs desirous of signing on and playing members of H.M. Forces in competitions in this League must comply with the Football Association Rule C2© and then may only after the registration forms and original permit have been received by the League Registration Secretary for his notation (see Rule 32).

(f) Only official League registration or transfer forms, obtainable from the League registration Secretary will be recognised.

Why can't teams follow the above simple rules?

"not a footy fan",

for someone who posts about a "sport I care absolutely nothing about" you seems to have alot to say about it but i do think with blnkers on.

i cant defend what mawgan have done as i know right from wrong but your post made me piss

first i think you will find that the mawgan manager has said the paperwork mistakes were his fault and has taken full blame for that .

as for saying that "Service players should remember that their loyalty is ultimately to their job" what a load of bollacks work is work and what you do in yur free time should be up to you. you cant live your life in cotton wool just because you have to work. and i a self employed so i know what time off cost

"He runs his team to the letter". well perhaps so but he should look at his assistant manager and ask if he has always done things to the letter , as i know for a fact that he has played himself under a different name in the past or when not signed on or had permission but i also know its all because he just wanted to play a game of football because anyone who loves the game would understand that. wrong yes but these things happen. ( so his team is not whiter thn white)

i know that everyweek in local football there is teams playing players they should not be, but if you need an extra player to make up the side or something you take that risk. some get caught some dont

the problem could be easily sorted with any service players if the league did not accept there signing on form with out there consent form attached.

also i would have thought that any of the services players would have had the brains to check that permission had been granted so as not to get in the shit at work

" I have watched many Culdrose matches and no-one can match the true team spirit those guys have and week after week" ..... perhaps you should go and watch some of the other local teams play and you would see that there is real passion and team spirit that culdrose could never match. these are guys that have grown up together and been mates for many of years not brought together for work. that sort of passion you will never beat.

as for " My last comments are to those service personell who have the audacity to speak to or write about Scooby with such little lack of respect are lucky that there is no rank in sport and he doesn't troop your arses all the way to the Captain!" ... i wont even comment on this because it made me laugh so much.. get a grip.

and just so as you know i don,t play for mawgan or anyone else but have followed and played local footall for alot of years

:c::smiley20: :c:

Seems to me Scooby is getting a lot of flak for just doing his job. How many other Players, Managers or Secretarys would have gone after the pionts if they found a player belonging to another club playing against them.

The question over RN registrations seems to have been everyones main issue but the fact that players belonging to other clubs have been turning out for Mawgan and appearing on team sheets under different names is a disgrace. This is a premeditated attempt to cheat not just an administrative error. This is not a player registered to two clubs by mistake or even an unregistered player. Every club from here on in who plays them will be asking the same question, are they cheating?

I for one felt Mawgan had been hard done by at the start of all this but the more I hear the more I read the worse it seems to get. I hope that the League after all this post a letter out to all club secretarys explaining what the problems truely are.

I would add calling the committee a Kangaroo court isn't helping their situation. Mac knows how hard it is to run a club and he should think how hard it must be to run a league. Dealing with people willing to break the rules when it suits them, Who admit they got it wrong when they get caught, and then come out and call all and sundry names in the public domain when they think they have done you wrong. Most be quite hard to sit back and read what has been written on here in previous weeks and say nothing.

Finally I do hope Mawgan as a club survive this and can rebuild from here on in. It would be a shame if a club with their history can't find away forward from here. The players after all are the ones who will be paying the price after all this. Its their subs and their points that have just gone out the window. I wish you all the best fellas.................

:thumbsup:

I don't know why so many people have such an in depth view on all of this.. So what, Mistakes were made.. Get over it. I'm sure that the correct procedures will be followed next season and that this won't happen again. I'm also sure Mawgan will come back bigger and stronger than ever.

I think that people should stop with the lame posts now.. We all know the rules so why look for them and post them? What are you proving other than the fact you can use a search engine and copy and paste??

All I'm trying to say here is... Get over it. I played Mawgan not long ago and they all seemed alrite chaps. I'm sure no-one is as pissed off and as gutted about all of this than the persons involved..

Now Im sure people will have something to say about this post.. But honestly. It really doesn't involve anyone but Mawgan. They made mistakes and got punished... End Of.

See you all next season :thumbsup:

Guest Flintstone

I tried to wing it with 1 player and got caught out, got fined and paid the price.

I got no axe here, but rules is rules!

If we had no rules. . . Where would we be??

FRANCE!!! B):yahoo: :clapper:

I don't know why so many people have such an in depth view on all of this.. So what, Mistakes were made.. Get over it. I'm sure that the correct procedures will be followed next season and that this won't happen again. I'm also sure Mawgan will come back bigger and stronger than ever.

I think that people should stop with the lame posts now.. We all know the rules so why look for them and post them? What are you proving other than the fact you can use a search engine and copy and paste??

All I'm trying to say here is... Get over it. I played Mawgan not long ago and they all seemed alrite chaps. I'm sure no-one is as pissed off and as gutted about all of this than the persons involved..

Now Im sure people will have something to say about this post.. But honestly. It really doesn't involve anyone but Mawgan. They made mistakes and got punished... End Of.

See you all next season :thumbsup:

Just to prove i can paste aswell! Seriously though Dave course people will have something to say about this situation thats what part of this forum is about, peolple stating their views and opinions. And surely it does involve more than just Mawgan the whole of division 2 is affected by the outcome.

Has anyone heard the outcome of the meeting?

I think that will be the end of Mawgan Football Club. I can not see them recovering from this even if the league would allow them to apply to be re elected to the league next season. What now for the players who are signed on for them, are they eligible to play for other clubs for the remainder of the season?

As an ex-player and manager for many years I am absolutely gutted by this news. On the information stated on this forum, it does seem a harsh punishment but perhaps there is more than is publicly known. This is a real stab in the guts to all of us that have played for this proud club over the years. What would Terry Cooke be thinking and others who worked so hard for the club? Malcolm Gilbert, Stephen Gilbert, Ray Kearney and more recently Rob Price and Matt Ruse for example. I am quite sure the League committee would not have taken this decision lightly, they were obviously put in a difficult situation. I really hope the club can bounce back from this and not go the way of other similar teams such as Gweek.

Presumably, as with Goonhavern, no registered player will be allowed to play for any club until their fine is paid. Does anyone know how much the fine is?

The pitch is council owned so I don't think Tescos will be able to build on it.

i would just like to say im gutted that mawgan have been kicked out of the league, knowing all the lads out there i hope they all form again next season. having put 10+ years into the club i would hate it if the club folded after running for 61 years and alot of good players having come and gone. mawgan has always had a good team and always were a hard openent for anyone to come to.

Good post Scooby,

Your side has finally been put forward with FACTS that no-one can argue to.

Culdrose FC players have the utmost respect for scooby and col and feel sad that scooby has even comtemplated leavin.He is a great manager to play for and the socials we have after every match is second to none. Example of this is players that could easily play for our 1st team dont want to as they want to play for scooby. I have played for him for 4 seasons now at Culdrose and never felt so belonging to a club as i do now. Scooby has built that up on his own. I thank him for that.

As the post reagardin Culdrose playin unregistered players, then i can say that when it has happened then it has been a genuine mistake. I am a player that has played in a game when not signed on. That was a mistake from me as a player not signing all the forms at the beginning of the season and not to the knowledge to the management. For consequences of that match, were that we lost that game for playin an unregistered player.

Scooby has never had any intention of playin illegal players to gain an advantage in the game. Unlike other managers. It happens to everybody week in week out that teams against them cheat, hopefully what has happened to Mawgan will stop other cheating. It only seems like sour grapes from Mawgans manager that they got caught. This has not just started this season but it is this season that they have been caught. It is not only scooby that has complained but other managers too. So why is he gettin all the stick?

Mawgans manager has rightly held up his arms an accepted that he made a mistake by not bothering to check all forms that need to be done, but surely he knew what he was doing. Why should people have compassion for the manager, no matter what type of person he is, good or bad, when he knew what he was doing by breaking the rules. It was the manager that failed to send in team sheets, now doing this once could be forgiven as a forgetfull moment. But when it happens several times what are people going to think about the players you've played. Surely that is why people have checked and complained.

I am sorry for the mawgan players that this has happened, but the service players should hold their arms up to it too and take some of the blame.

. I am a player that has played in a game when not signed on. That was a mistake from me as a player not signing all the forms at the beginning of the season and not to the knowledge to the management.

Dont harp on about others when you have done the same!! Like i said in an earlier post it goes on every where. i expect you and your manager knew EXACTLY what you were doing on that day!!! :yahoo: :SM_carton:

I think that will be the end of Mawgan Football Club. I can not see them recovering from this even if the league would allow them to apply to be re elected to the league next season

this will NOT be the end or mawgan, the club will apply to rejoin next season i am sure of that, and i would like to think that a few of the older players/managers will make sure of it.

i have in the past played for and against mawgan and know that this will not finish a club that has been going for so many years and has so many good memories for alot of people.

Yes i did the same, unknowingly! that was a genuine mistake. But it was one match, one player. Not half a team for half the season. Like i said it was not an attempt to cheat. But like i said we were punished but did you find us complaining about it?? No you dont because we can get on with things. Unlike some.

And why would i not have signed on? i have never played for another team in cornwall, or the 1st team. So think about it, why would i have not signed the forms? sort of proves it was a genuine mistake.

Cornish blue. who do you think will make sure the club continues. Mac is banned indefinately i just can not see who will take it on! i hope i am wrong. Like you i also have played for and against Mawgan and i really really hope that the club will survive. Would you be prepared to take it on or help out in some way?

I think that will be the end of Mawgan Football Club. I can not see them recovering from this even if the league would allow them to apply to be re elected to the league next season

this will NOT be the end or mawgan, the club will apply to rejoin next season i am sure of that, and i would like to think that a few of the older players/managers will make sure of it.

i have in the past played for and against mawgan and know that this will not finish a club that has been going for so many years and has so many good memories for alot of people.

If the club continues, do you think that Mawgan would be re-elected back into the league. Mawgan was making F/H2 football look easy, not 1 team had managed to beat them so far this season.

Will the other teams want a team they can't win against back in.

Do what you can guys, you have got a really good squad there. Would be a terrible shame if this was the end!!!!!

dobbie,, yea i would be willing to help in some way and in next few weeks will chat to some other people who i know who have been involved with mawgan over the years and see what there feelings are, my biggest problem is i run a bussiness and work most saturdays thats why i gave up playing , but i do think that mawgan can get re-elected into the league next season if the right peole are involved and the league can see what is happening. i feel gutted for mac because i know he loves the game and also for mawgan as a club and the players, but no point dwelling on it we now must move on and hopfully next season get the players back and prove that mac,s mawgan would have won the league this year

If you build it , They will come

:c::smiley20: :c:

Great post Scooby, full of useful, relevant information for all to read and digest.

I like many others assumed (that being the mother of all f*** ups) that only one or two players were involved and wrote a post on this forum while devoid of all the facts.

I fully stand by my comments regarding Mac, he is a gent off the pitch and a true competitor on it and as such I'm sure that all his actions (like so many others who have done the same - you know who you are) were done in the best intentions for his club and his players. Mistakes do happen and Mac has held his hands up to his w.r.t playing players without receiving service clearance. Those players should also take a large portion of responsibility for playing without clearance from their respective service(s).

I do believe that the football club has been harsly treated by the league who have their own favourites, if the league have this power then why hasn't it been used on more occasions on the bigger clubs who for many years have failed to honor fixtures in higher leagues and loaded the players into lower league teams to ensure a win. This occoured when I played at Hayle a few years ago when they cancelled their Div.1 or 2 game and played their Div.3 fixture instead. If memory serves Helston were awarded the points for the cancelled fixture and Mullion 2'nds were beaten who were top of the league at the time while Hayle were bottom or near bottom and hadn't managed a single win.

I have removed my previous post as I used the phrase "sour grapes" which according to Mr "not a footy fan" has been taken as a slanderous attack on Scooby something that was not intended. I also wrote that he should take a look at his own set-up to see why these players arn't playing at Culdrose, something that I said to his face after Mullions cup final victory over Culdrose. This also was not an attack on Scooby or Col but reference to the famous Cu 1st team click of yester-year which pushed many players away from playing for Cu 2nd's when formed, refreshing then to read posts from his players who don't want to play for the 1st's as they enjoy their footy under Scooby and Col's guidance.

Scooby, football in this county would be a lesser place without you!! Don't quit something that you so obviously enjoy.

Mac, football in this county IS a lesser place without you, one of the leagues true characters.

Finally to cornish-blue. No my friend service people do not have the right to do whatever they want in their spare time if it affects their ability to do their job, they need permission simple as that. You as a self-employed man should understand more than most that if you hurt yourself in your spare time you can't earn money in work time, one of the main reasons why people who don't get paid when off sick retire early from contact sport. The services are exactly the same and if you get injured in your spare time and can't do your job then you are medically dis-charged and if you didn't have permission then you are F***ED as you are out with no medical pension, no-where to live and no money.