Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Results 17/01/2009

delabole 1st 2-1 week st mary

southgate colts 4-1 delabole seconds

boscastle 1st 5-3 don't no opposition

camelford 2nd 0-0 st col major east cornwall res :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

good result for delabole 1st and they desereved it to from what i heard from both teams so looking for good thing to come from them now

:smiley20::smiley20::drink::drink::clapper::clapper: :clapper:

St Dennis 4 - 2 Gunnislake

Rickard 3 Kelly, Benfield

Own Goal

Very poor conditions made for an end to end game, Saints could have had 8 or 9 if not for the woodwork and poor finishing. With the wind in the 1st half the visitors had plenty of the ball but there final ball was always overhit. Saints took the league with a good finish from Rickard who caught the keeper napping at the near post. The visitors levelled when Kelly scored, only for Saints to retake the league with a Rickard penalty which looked a bit harsh. Saints got a third from Rickard and that should have been that but the visitors were also awarded a penalty for a 10/10 dive which conned the Referee but brought the game back into the balance. Saints kept missing chances hitting post and bar on more then one occasion during the game but Gunnislake never gave up and started to pass the ball around well midway through the half and home keeper Barbery had to make a couple of good saves with the score at 3 - 2. The visitors lost a player for a professional foul on the lively Rickard who continued to cause havoc. Saints had a goal disallowed for ???????? but got a forth from a freekick when a own goal by Benfield made the points safe.

Overall 3 points in a very windy game with both teams trying to beat the elemants. Gunnislake can take a lot of credit for the way they kept working but can't complain about the result.

Guest gunniplayer

st dennis against gunnislake game was end to end for the 90 minutes and both teams knew what was up for stakes. jarryd kelly missing 3 one on ones wit the keeper during the game and lee rickard leading the line for st dennis brilliantly. The 2 penalties were a joke with both managers admitting to each other that neither one was a correct decision but the game went on. With reference to the sending off, the ref was right to show our player a red card and for the final 20 - 25 minutes i cudnt of asked my players for any more commitment and desire in trying to get another goal and preventing anymore in at the other end.

want to wish st dennis good luck with the rest of their season

Bigdawg, don't worry about the pitch there is no way you will lose to them. They got Lee Rickard and that's it. John can't believe that's the way you seen the match Jar missed 3 one on one's, we hit the bar twice and the post. where did you watch the game from?

Garf that lad jerryd is he the winger that played against us at your place.If so mate then i think on that performance he is as good as anything in the league.If we look at the table goals for and against, then you can see our problem goals for.I dont think St Dennis have got that problem they surely have a great chance.That fact that your lad missed those chances as have our forwards over the last couple of games highlite our problems.Remember you had a great finisher at St Cleer when you where manager he was the difference many times which, Rickard,Stacey and the edgcumbe lad will be this season.You have a good set of players as do we sometimes though that is not quite enough.This league will go all the way to the wire because those players mentioned will at some stage faulter just a liitle bit.

Hi Garf try to give a brief report as i see it. Just reading your report it sounds like you had the majority of the game, can confirm you hit the woodwork 3 times in the space of 2 minutes but on chances alone Lee Rickard could have had 6 himself without the misses by Geach, Bird and Brown from 6 yards not forgetting we also hit the bar on 3 occasions one being a good save from your keeper and had a own goal disallowed. I was behind the goal for both penaltys and got to admit Saints penalty looked a good tackle but can understand where the referee was why he gave it, but please don't mention it in the same sentance as your penalty because your lad blatantly dived and conned the referee. If you feel also that that we only have Rickard then you obviously don't watch the game either because yet again Richard Hawke was again a cut above the rest.

I would also like to wish you the best for the rest of the season, could do with a commanding centre half and you would also be in the running.

Not sure your constant falling out with each other will help your cause though.

Didn't mean it to sound like that John but i thought in the conditions it was a good game and it could have

with the chances missed 9 all. When did our keeper make a good save Jesus saves more than he does ha!!!!!

In replying to Will his name was Dave Greening who ended up at Salisbury City, lad on the right is Tom Hall mate.

Lee Rickard after 6 min before Kelly missed the 2 early one on one's, he pushed the shot onto the post from 10 yards very good save was standing behind the goal. Yes i did say in the first report it was end to end and yes it was an entertaining game because of the conditions. Think ur wrong about only having Rickard though. Chris Brown went off injured and Jamie Manuel and Gareth Geach only just come back of injury. Will see after saturday how we stand. All the Best urselves

Had to say that mate as it looked as though we had just turned up in your eyes. I know Chris Brown from my day's at St Cleer and was always a handfull then when Billy was manager and Brett played for them. Take it Jamie Manual is the one with the skinhead, good luck to you lot for the rest of the season and in the Junior Cup as you were my tip from the start. Got your work cut out wiih Edgecumbe though as they are the team to beat.

Hi Garf remember Dave greeening what a talent he was .Had only one chance against us, Wadebridge in the ecpl cup or something like that.You won the final that day at Foxhole ,young Steve Simmonds played in that game for us,he now captains Bodmin,we have both looked after some good players, and the present lot are a credit to this league.If you need a center half just sign tommy neville he will scare most teams before he gets on the park.See you soon mate.

I know you work with him mate ,i have crossed his path a few times on the roads.Proper Paddy, all of you lads know how to work and play.Great chap tom neville always good for the crack win or lose, be jesus!Stessfull time at work for the next few weeks all a bit uncertain ,will be glad when we can get together and have a few pints ,see you soon mate.

Looking a bit better for saturday mate,but i expect most grounds are already waterlogged,with more to come.I cant see any football being played at St Teath this week and Altarnun was touch and go last week so i expect that will go.Looe town pitch must have washed away already! DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON THERE.