Cornwall Football Forum

Is this why the SWPL have extended the Facilities Deadline ?

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

This weekends scheduled matches in all 3 Divisions see just 8 Home games where clubs kick off at 3pm ie; they have floodlights.... does this mean that all the others do not ? The SWPL is based in Devon and surprise surprise, the majority of Devon games K.O. at 2.15pm. Read into this what you will.

Saturday 17th January

Premier Division : 3pm Unless stated

Clyst Rovers v Bodmin Town (2.15)

Cullompton Rangers v Wadebridge Town

Elburton Villa v Torpoint Athletic (2.15)

Falmouth Town v Holsworthy

Ivybridge Town v Buckland Ath (2.15)

Launceston v Liskeard Ath

Saltash Utd v Tavistock

St Blazey v Newton Abbot Spurs

Witheridge v Dartmouth (2.15)

Division 1 West : 2.15pm Unless Stated

Dobwalls v Godolphin Atlantic

Newquay v Foxhole Stars (3.00)

Penryn Ath v Camelford (3.00)

St Austell v Plymstock Utd

Vospers Oak Villa v Mousehole

Wendron Utd v Millbrook

Division 1 East : All 2.15pm unless stated

Appledore v University of Exeter

Axminster Town v Exmouth Town

Bovey Tracey v Royal Marines

Buckfastleigh Rngrs v Ottery St Mary

Budleigh Salterton v Crediton Utd (3.00)

Exeter Civil Service v Alphington

Okehampton Argyle v Liverton Utd

Teignmouth v Galmpton Gents

Totnes & Dartington v Stoke Gabriel

Obviously the cost involved is a concern but couldn't they cadge a lift with those from Newton Abbot ? Surely officials from North Devon or Plymuff would be more appropriate for your match. Just more reason to add to the Devon based clubs bias conspiracy ?

Judge

Are you a little simple???? As you have been told before it is not a SWPL decision to extend the deadline it is an FA decision. As i have told you before stop trying to get your Newquay team into the Premier Division on a technicality. Their is no conspiracy against Cornish sides and people like you do your own club or the league any good by moaning all the time. The league officials do a fantastic job in running the league however i fear that with people like you moaning all the time they may say enough is enough i don't need this cr*p and walk away and then where will that leave us all. On a final note as i told you in a previous post we are well on the way to having floodlights installed so if you want to see Newquay in the Premier division then they will need to finish in a berth worthy of promotion and not a technicality. :SM_carton:

Guest Peppermint

First of all North Devon Dweller - The Judge is certainly far from simple and he is a loyal and valued supporter who spends his money following his team. However he is not the voice of the Committee, Managers and Players of Newquay Football Club. He pays his money and is entitled to his views be they not official - the same as I who goes to watch my league football team and pays my money and have my say.

However we at Newquay football Club have the utmost respect for all the great work that the league management does and if you look at a number of postings on this Forum and the CSWPL Forum you will see that I am always supportive of Phil Hiscox and his fellow officers.

The Peppermints would never accept promotion through the back door on a technicality and would only consider it if we earned like Wadebridge Town did last season. We have a fast improving First Team and the Reserves are doing really well in the Combination League and it is almost in both teams cases an almost exclusively local player based side.

We do not intend to pay silly sums of money to achieve the goal of the Premier League - some sums of money if they are true and that is debatable are absolutely crazy for in some case mediocre players. I have no objection to the players taking the money offered because it is some clubs offering the money not the players. Cornish Football in these days of the credit crunch certainly needs to take stock of itself and try and be more sensible.I am very happy with the way our teams are improving and playing good football and we now have good facilities and the once much maligned playing surface is now very good thanks to a hard working and efficient groundsman.

Finally NDD - good luck to your club and well done for the possibility of having floodlights.

A typically defensive reply from Witheridge, just one of the many clubs who don't deserve to be in the Prem Div in 2009/10 due to lack of facilities ie; Floodlights. At no point in this thread have I made any mention of Newquay AFC or indeed that this particular club should be promoted on a technicality.

Perhaps the point is that Witheridge are looking for ways not to be relagated, a look at this seasons record shows they are not worthy of living with the big boys...

WITHERIDGE 18 4 4 10 26 29 -3 16

and as for being simple, I suggest you put your own little mind into getting your club into a position where you won't get kicked out of the Prem in 2010/11 or have you sorted out yet another extension with those in Exeter ?

If you don't like what I say, Don't read it... SIMPLE !

Judge, surely there would be more "conspiracy" chat if the Blazey saw the ref get out of a car driven by the opponents!!?

Surely the leagues realise money is tight, surely there must be refs available a bit more central for the Blazey game. Seems a wee bit crazy to me.

I'm afraid this is another thread that is as nonsensical as the originator. It is a non story so let us put it to rest I think we would all agree that everyone and every club will do its best in whatever circumstances it finds itself in with regards to floodlights. The league is doing its utmost to help clubs to have floodlights installed and should be congratulated for it. You only have to look at Torpoint who now have floodlights but if the originator had his way they would have been chucked out of the league because they did not have them in time.

Although not part of the silly argument I also take the view of Peppermint that clubs must look at its own financial situation and ‘silly sums of money’ and I also go back to the remarks posted before about Hallen FC a small village who are second in the Western League Premier Division and do not pay wages and average just 45 fans a game. Each club has its right to deal in house with its financial situation

When the time comes I am sure the league will put its foot down with regards to clubs not having floodlights. We are after all in a Government inspired credit crunch period which means monies for such things as the clubs ability to raise funds for floodlights may not be as readily available today as it was 2 years ago when plans were set up.

As far as any conspiracy theory is concerned this subject is continually raised by the same person who seems to delight in looking for things that are not there. If it takes a club longer to have floodlights then so be it. The league does not need the rants of this person to run their league especially with comments such as the league is Devon based, surprise, surprise. By inference it is biased etc. I can understand why Phil Hiscox does not use this site any more. It’s a shame but having to answer the same silly question must drive him nuts. The postings by the originator used to be funny and very entertaining. Now his isolated views seem to bore the pants off everyone because it is always about the same subject which has been answered over and over again. Its like Ireland turning down the European constitution but being told, sorry we don’t like that you are going to have to vote again until you toe the line. Give it a rest and enjoy watching your team play, perhaps it will help you to recuperate from whatever you are suffering from by concentrating on what happens on the field of play and not what is happening off it..

FROM PHIL HISCOX OWN THREAD...

Teignmouth v Galmpton has survived its pitch inspection and is ON

Newquay v Foxhole Stars - Had 1 inspection and not pased fit for play, club working on ground and a 2nd inspection will take place around 11.30am to decide one way or the other. And indeed Newquay's ground failed the 2nd inspection so there Div 1 West game with Foxhole Stars is OFF

So the Devon clubs pitch is fine but apparently Newquays GROUND has failed an inspection... blimey did our floodlights and main stand get blown away, not something the Devon club would have to worry about. Still at least they have a game to watch today until the Tsunami of rain heading across the Tamar hits them.

NO BIAS IN PHILS WORDS ?

At least the message seems to be passed on by 2 forum users...

From SWPL HQ - PS : Sorry the Mount Wise PITCH was deemed to be waterlogged their GROUND is of course fine, I remain humble and feel the urgent need to apologise and beg forgiveness for deeming to suggest that Newquay is in anyway inferior to Teignmouth - both excellent seaside resorts I'm told - obviously I will in future refrain from making such comments about heaven forbid report that any ground / pitch / playing surface in Cornwall has failed anything as that would show unwarranted bias.

PPS : To "ECPL" Yes it does drive me "nuts" and to "North Devon Dweller" Yes it does make you question why we bother !

I do wonder what drivel these 2 posters had deemed worthy to mention to SWPL HQ in the first place. If Phil was that bothered, he would take a look at the foremost forum covering football in these neck of the woods.

Why do people want to pass this on to Phil. Shocking!! Grow up people.

Phil works bloody hard, no doubt about it.

But at the end of the day, when this all started, the premier clubs should have had a ground with floodlights by a certain date and this simply isnt going to happen in alot of cases. Credit crunch, or what ever, the deadline was set and personally I cannot see a number of teams having any kind of facilities ready for years, let alone floodlights!!

Where do you draw the line?? :blink:

Guest st george9

have to agree with paul.. facilities are not going to be ready for alot of teams. maybe the cost of travel up to devon is starting to hit home for a few cornish clubs

are we going see a few more teams drop out? or maybe a few would like to see the old swl back???

NOW IM MAD JUDGE

I asked if you were simple before now i know you are just an idiot. it is a referee that determines wether a pitch is acceptable to play on. You seem to want to do anything you can to be controversial but you are not you are a **** for gods sake grow up and accept that the SWPL is here to stay the SWL is history. Their is no conspiracy against Cornish clubs it's just ***** like you that thin there are. This is my final word on the subject. :SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton: :SM_carton:

At last, an admission from North Devon Dweller. I think it is generally accepted that you are indeed MAD !

As for your personal comments about me, I've been called a lot worse and am still willing to listen to all arguments for and against the rule changes that appear to favour those in Devon. Unfortunately, you cannot or will not listen to anyone who dares challenge those in power and would prefer a matters to be swept under the carpet.

I was and am totally in favour of the SWPL but when the goalposts are moved without consultation with the clubs it affects, then matters must be brought out into the open for general discussion. You obviously do not agreee with this or the fact that anyone is allowed to question those in Exeter or Soho Square.

As for Pymuff Arrogant fans, they no longer have anything to do with Cornish football and indeed screwed up the very last season of the SWL. Perhaps you should ****** off and play with your mates on PASOTI and leave the real football to those who care about it.

Guest Peppermint

Argyle Fan - a bit like your stupid comment on another thread - what is the matter Argle slipping down the table!!!!

I am fed up with the nonsense about this Newquay Football Club is very content with how the CSWPL is administered and the Judge is like other fans on the Forum entitled to his opinions but does not talk for the Club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree entirely with the wise words of Adlestrop - who else would run the league more efficiently whether they come from Devon or Cornwall!

Read the thread again and tell me where anyone from Newquay has said that the matter relates to our club in particular.

As you have just dropped in from Planet Plymuff, welcome to Earth, you will find that the rule changes happened before the old SWL ended, although wioth regard to the FA Cup entries, no one bothered to tell the clubs until after entries were made. When the all new SWPL started, clubs were given 2 years to get facilities in place or be demoted from the Prem into Div 1 E/W. As most Devon clubs have not completed the changes required, some have suggested that the 1 year extension granted to allow clubs to get grounds in order, favours those in Devon as most Cornish grounds are already up to scratch.

No please leave us to get on with real football and you can pay your £25 and say what you like about the failings of Plymuff Arrogants.

FROM PHIL HISCOX OWN THREAD...

Teignmouth v Galmpton has survived its pitch inspection and is ON

Newquay v Foxhole Stars - Had 1 inspection and not pased fit for play, club working on ground and a 2nd inspection will take place around 11.30am to decide one way or the other. And indeed Newquay's ground failed the 2nd inspection so there Div 1 West game with Foxhole Stars is OFF

So the Devon clubs pitch is fine but apparently Newquays GROUND has failed an inspection... blimey did our floodlights and main stand get blown away, not something the Devon club would have to worry about. Still at least they have a game to watch today until the Tsunami of rain heading across the Tamar hits them.

NO BIAS IN PHILS WORDS ?

what a total **** you are,my partner lost 2 people very close to her ,from the tsunami,and yet you and the administers seem to think that you can make a joke of it,calling you a **** is a wrong word to use **** is better,and if the admin take this off they are condoning what your sick joke is about :angry2: :angry2:

Guest Postie Pidge

Phil Hiscox is the best football administrator I know and I couldn't think of anyone else who would want to or could do a better job than him.

Mr Mourinho I really don't think The Judge was talking about that Tsunami. The word Tsunami wasn't invented for the disaster that happened in Thailand.

Hundreds of Tsunami (often referred to as Tidal Waves) have been recorded around the world. I just think The Judge was using the word to describe the awful weather on Saturday and not making a joke about that particular one.

Guest Peppermint

What an excellent and thought provoking posting from Abbot1 - it would be nice for Newquay to visit Buckland and I was lucky enough to be in Devon two years ago and saw a match there.

You have obviously added improvements since then but on that day I found the Clubhouse to be excellent and the playing surface good. The people at the Club were very welcoming and it seems like a very well run football club.

Newquay would love to be promoted but only if the Club earned the right on the field and not by some back door method. Any club should aspire to progress but not through any other way unless it is by winning promotion like Wadebridge Town last season.

Judge.

The reason why most of the Cornish teams have floodlights and the Devon one don't is the fact that the Cornish teams were in the old SWL that used to insist on floodlights in it's early days. Most of the Devon teams came from a league that didn't insist on them, so they never bothered with the expense on installing them.

You should turn your energies to arguing that all Senior clubs in Cornwall from both the Combo and ECPL should work towards having floodlights by say, 2015 paid for by grants and lottery money. How useful that would be for clubs with more that one adult team. There is nothing better than an evening game. Better crowds, more atmosphere.

Did you know that every District in the Country could now have a Leisure Centre paid for by lottery money if they didn't keep using the cash for the wrong causes such as Peruvian hamster farming or paying money towards education (taxes should pay for that). How much has been wasted on useless causes.

You could be a good ambassador for football as you are so passionate but you waste yourself moaning about others when you feel wronged. Stand up for everyone not just Newquay! :c:

Mr Mourinho I really don't think The Judge was talking about that Tsunami. The word Tsunami wasn't invented for the disaster that happened in Thailand.

Hundreds of Tsunami (often referred to as Tidal Waves) have been recorded around the world. I just think The Judge was using the word to describe the awful weather on Saturday and not making a joke about that particular one.

spider the judge has pm me again,and yes he is a ***,seeing dressed as a woman reminded me of years ago when my mate said to me please go out with her mate ,and that was the fat ugly one. :clapper:

Oooh please Sir, that nasty Judge man has sent me another PM, please make him go away. How childish you are !

Now do as I say, buy a bloody big dictionary and beat yourself around the head with it. See I'm not worried about posting what I PM, are you ?

Oooh please Sir, that nasty Judge man has sent me another PM, please make him go away. How childish you are !

Now do as I say, buy a bloody big dictionary and beat yourself around the head with it. See I'm not worried about posting what I PM, are you ?

WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT YOUR PM,NOTHING,SORRY CANT CHANGE MY MIND ABOUT YOU ,YOU ARE A **** END OF :c:

Mr M....I think your bang out of order here and this thread is letting down the site!!

What started as a good subject to discuss has turned into a complete farce!!! :wacko:

Great to see a typical Paul posting, just what I needed to end a long day :c:

Onwards and upwards, the Blazey wagon is rolling to Buckland :)