Cornwall Football Forum

Kaka

Peck1961

With AC Milan now allowing Kaka to talk to Man City, it now appears likely that the Brazilian superstar will be making an historic move to Eastlands.

From a strictly neutral, footballing point of view, it will be an absolute pleasure to watch the chap go about his footballing business on these shores, and if I was a Man City fan, I'd be super excited!

However, my concern is with the obvious economic effects that this potential transfer is gonna have on every other club in the country. When Roman came along with his billions a few years ago he took transfer spending and players wages to another level which meant that all other clubs have had to adjust their budgets accordingly. Whilst higher transfer fees should mean that there is more money flowing around the football community, it is the players wages that is most damaging, as this is money that leaves the game forever.

There were numerous top players at Man Utd, Liverpool etc that negotiated new contracts to come into line with what players at Chelsea were earning, but more importantly the knock-on effect was that average, journeymen players lower down the leagues now demanded higher wages, which is something that clubs couldn't really sustain and as such we have had club upon club going in and out of administration.

So, with the Abu Dhabi multi-billionaires at City now showing their intent by reportedly ready to offer Kaka a cool £0.5m per week wages (something that is completely off the scale to what Roman has ever spent at Chelsea), and given the state of the economy at the moment (which will have an effect on football, whether they want to admit it or not), does everyone think this transfer is good or bad for English football?

heard on talk sport tonight that the agents fees will be between £35-40 million so this money will not stay in football <_< this cannot be good for football all it will do is drive a bigger wedge between the haves and have not's. how many teams will start next season on minus points because they have gone into administration.how many teams in the lower leagues will go out of business completely.do we want to see another accrington stanley. every club would love to have money invested in their team but just look at the debate that mr heaney has caused in cornwall this is way off the scale from our local issues.

how can premier clubs compete can you see fulham or wigan paying bigger wages because this will have a knock on effect :SM_carton: this will drive us towards a european superleague just for the rich clubs and destroy domestic football all over europe.

if the pemiership is destroyed this will also effect grassroots football because the fa will not have money to invest in local football :(

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Why drag Chelsea into this, wasn't it the eternal failures at St James who paid £15m for Shearer in the 90's and ManUre who paid just under £30m for a defender from Leeds ? all before Roman had 2 roubles to rub together.

The Scousers and Mancs had decades of Government (dole) money pouring through the turnstiles way before the South woke up and started to look for suger daddies (in the case of Spurs) and overseas investors. The balance of money coming into the game shifted when Sky started to pour money in, ManUre spent well on youth, the Scousers pissed it up and have not done anything domestically since, the South took the advice of the City and have seen Chelsea and Arse make a fight of it.

It was Ken Bates who rescued The Blues, Matthew Harding took the next step and we have not looked back.

KAKA, yep City are, why would the 2 most expensive players in the UK want to play in the Championship !

As the older ones of us know, money has always played an enormous part in successful teams (say Blackburn). The trick is to keep it going and plan many years ahead. Credit to ManU for that.

I wouldn't go counting chickens as far as Kaka is concerned. I would love to see him in the Prem but getting the top class players out of Italy and Spain isn't easy. I'm sure Chelsea tried to get a few and failed.

:c: Kaka is kak,Man City wont win anything with all their money,who can they buy?All the best players in the world are either at Liverpool,Man U or Chelsea,and you can be sure Gerrard,Ronaldo,Terry to name a few wont bother to even think about playing for a fabricated side,these players are rich beyond their wildest dreams,the only ones who will pay for this is the Man City fans who sure will pay more for their season ticket and watch a very poor "talented" side who will get stuffed by teams like Hull,Stoke etc.......,oh i forgot Arsenal!!!!!!

watching kaka play in the premiership would be great in football terms and maybe more top stars that city may buy but the amount of money been payed for him is stupid, for one i dont even think kaka is worth 100m or more, i dont think any player is.as all ready stated if this transfer go's through the transfer market will never be the same with the price of players going up and city chucking there cash around.i for one hope kaka doesnt move to city because of the money, shame because it would be great to watch him in the premiership

At the end of the day this will not last. Yes United have thrown millions at the team but they also bring through player after player and keep the tradition of the club going strong. Look at Chelsea, they threw millions upon millions won trophies for a couple of seasons. Now, it appears there is no money to buy without selling and who has come through there youth system and is anywhere near 1st team there. From what I hear City have an awesome youth side and system. The main fear has to be for those guys trying to break through. The last few seasons has seen lots but if they blow everyone out the water with crazy bids the kids wont get the chance. Then in a couple of years when the sheiks tell them to run the club properly they will be screwed because what youngster will go there knowing the chances of breaking through are virtually zero. What will happen to the club then?

At the end of the day this will not last. Yes United have thrown millions at the team but they also bring through player after player and keep the tradition of the club going strong. Look at Chelsea, they threw millions upon millions won trophies for a couple of seasons. Now, it appears there is no money to buy without selling and who has come through there youth system and is anywhere near 1st team there. From what I hear City have an awesome youth side and system. The main fear has to be for those guys trying to break through. The last few seasons has seen lots but if they blow everyone out the water with crazy bids the kids wont get the chance. Then in a couple of years when the sheiks tell them to run the club properly they will be screwed because what youngster will go there knowing the chances of breaking through are virtually zero. What will happen to the club then?

All valid points but on the other side of the coin the youth would surely benefit from training with the likes of kaka,Robhino and wright-phillips

It would seem Kaka is against the move but the money men are forcing it thru,is he going to break sweat week in week out for a club he doesn't want to play for?

How much difference would he make to City anyway,A.C. Milan are hardly a force to be reckoned with,even with Kaka.

The amount they're paying smacks of desparation,but i suppose they think if they can get Kaka,then other top players might take an interest.

Then at the end of the day,who wouldn't want the club they support to have £108million to throw around?

It wasn't long ago that Kaka and Gattuso were made to look ordinary by the unlikely duo of Bouba-Diop and Richard Hughes at Fratton Park.

The Pompey pair are hardly worth a tenth of the fee put together! it would be interesting to see the joint value of the whole Pompey 11 that day as Defoe and Diarra did not feature. I bet it would be near £100 million if not less!

On SSN now, Kaka has rejected the offer from Man City!

Now they can carry on signing the type of players who like the 3 monthly pay days, Parker,Bellend etc

Still seems far from clear according to the website.

On SSN now, they have been speaking to Sky Sports 24 in Milan who have said its off, that Kaka/AC Milan have pulled out, but then untill Feb 2nd, you never know!!

Edit,on the Man City website has reported this now as well!!

Guest Peppermint

I understand from the newspapers that Kaka's mate Robinho has thrown his toys out the pram because Kaka is not coming to Eastlands. This is a player who seems to have gone to Man. City because his agents could make more money I think the player wanted and thought he had joined Chelsea!