Cornwall Football Forum

Helston? whats Happening?

I hear Helston Patriot is looking for a new club?? What is going on down there now? I also heard Winno asked to go back after he left wendron but the current Manager has been ignoring his Calls and recently blanked him when they bumped into each other while watching their boys play football!?!

Its is a shame that things have gone the way they have from what i have been told by an club insider.. Struggling to get XI players out, Manager apparently blanking Si's offer to come back, Club Captain not playing since start of December, another player training at Penryn, Backers dropping out.... The list is endless!!

Complete Turn around from this time last year when i was watching Helston -V- Truro at Truro :(

Could anyone from Helston confirm or deny these 'Rumours' I have been told? OR Si and HP can comment please?

Guest Helston Patriot

I hear Helston Patriot is looking for a new club?? What is going on down there now? I also heard Winno asked to go back after he left wendron but the current Manager has been ignoring his Calls and recently blanked him when they bumped into each other while watching their boys play football!?!

Its is a shame that things have gone the way they have from what i have been told by an club insider.. Struggling to get XI players out, Manager apparently blanking Si's offer to come back, Club Captain not playing since start of December, another player training at Penryn, Backers dropping out.... The list is endless!!

Complete Turn around from this time last year when i was watching Helston -V- Truro at Truro :(

Could anyone from Helston confirm or deny these 'Rumours' I have been told? OR Si and HP can comment please?

Yeah haven't played since saltash at home and am getting itchy feet now!! If someone wants me then come get me!!!! ;) but don't PM ;) me as that could be a illegal approach ;);) I play (most would agree PLAY is debateable) anywhere across the back and can hold in midfield.

wouldn't know about boots/winno - that is between them.

The player who trained at penryn isn't going to sign for them, see what happens with him as a club is putting 7 days in today for him!! hello salior!

yeah Helston are not the force they were last season but they have players there who want to play football and not pick up the ££ which ruined other teams over the years.

Hope everyone had good xmas/new year

you would have to ask hp himself im afraid, its not all doom and gloom, the former captain from last year blake has returned to playing football after taking a break, regards to getting 11 players out, the squad is small, there is no money compared to last year, the players are now all helston based, or have in some way a connection with helston who want to play for there home town, we have had our probs of recent, this week we had unfortunately a funeral on sat, flu to a couple of players and jason robertson seeing out his ban, unfortunately before comments get out of hand our keeper and two players are due to go away for work for an unspecified amount of time for his work, but on the plus side two former helston players are coming back after stints elsewhere. dont ask cause i cannot tell due to obvious reasons! as with simon thats something to do with him and the manager, and i feel uncomfortable writing what could be percieved as second hand knowledge. hope it helps.

Guest Helston Patriot

Just spoke to Winno and he has told me that he did offer to come back to Helston in ANY position ie coaching or playing but was ignored. Stupid mistake in my opinion on Helstons Behalf.

Wasnt going to comment but I think I should. I did offer my services to Helston when I was leaving Wendron a few of the players knew my offer but I heard nothing. I am now a Newquay player again and enjoying a new challenge. People spreading rumours about me possibly leaving Newquay when I know nothing about it is not politically correct and would probably p-ss Jim Hilton off as it would me and also do me no favours at all. If anyone wants me play for them then they would have to do it the right way and put 7 days in to Newquay football club. Bearing in mind Im happy at Newquay.........

Ok Paps. You know how football is everyone being linked with everyone thats the beauty of the game.Looks at Sky Sports But like I said Im the same as any other player or manager out there I want to do well and sometimes offers come in to you that you sit down and think about and cant turn down!If one of these comes along then who knows what will happen. But at present Im happy at Newquay were doing well in the Peninsula league with a great bunch of lads with a quality manager and coach.

Guest pitch invader

Who would at Helston want Winno back? he has been trying to crawl his way back for ages and thats a fact ringing players and so called friends!!!!!!!!!! its a small world mate.

But good luck 2 you xxxxxxxxxxxxx :D

Dont know what your on about I have said to a few of my mates whom I have a fair few at Helston by the way have you. That I would one day like to come back. Is there something wrong with that I burned no bridges there so why not.Ihad an opportunity to better myself so left and gave it a go nothing wrong with that at all. Whats your problem anyway with me you always come on here and have a pop at whatever I do you mention on the end of your post the word mate. Well if your a mate of mine then you would not knock everything I do so please refrain from using that word please Mr Brown thankyou