Div 3

Cornish New Boys v Newlyn N.A.

Heamoor v Ludgvan

Marazion Blues v Redruth United

St.Ives Mariners v Trevenson United

Storm v Gulval

West Cornwall v St.Buryan

Division 3

Cornish New Boys 3 Newlyn Non Athletico Res 3 (h/t 1-3)

In my opinion dropped points for New Boys, but the conditions made it difficult to play any decent football and having a player sent off early in the Second half did'nt help!

Having conceded two goals late in the first half, Cornish had'nt made the task any easier and it was'nt until the introduction of Frankie 'Fabs' in the second period that they started to threaten the Newlyn defence!

Goals from Ryan 'Donk' Hooper and Fabs levelled the scores and the latter very nearly snatched it late on after a brilliant counter attack involving Tony Oliver and Hooper!

Referee: Arthur Parsons

MINING LEAGUE DIVISION TWO

MADRON 2 V SENNEN 3

SENNEN SCRAPPED OUT A HARD EARNED WIN AGAINST MUCH IMPROVED MADRON.BUT SENNEN JUST ABOUT DESERVED THEIR WIN,THE WIND WAS A MAJOR FACTOR FOR BOTH SIDES..BUT SUBSTITUTE 16 YEAR OLD :thumbsup: JAMIE NICHOLL'S HEADED HOME PAUL JACKSONS CROSS.TO EARN THE WIN..

ALSO GOALS FROM AARON JENKIN.AND PAUL JACKSON,JUST KEEPS US ON THE HEELS OF CHACEWATER

AND AS NEWLYN DID NOT PLAY..KEEPS US AHEAD OF THEM BUT THEY DO HAVE 4 GAMES IN HAND..

MADRON V SENNEN PLAYED OUT IN TYPICAL GUTSY FASHION..AND ON THIS FORM MADRON WILL CERTAINLY CLIMB THE TABLE..THANKS TO MADRON FOR THEIR HOSPITALITY.... :drink:

Mining 1

Gulval 7 Four Lanes 0 ht 1-0

Lots of cards spoiled what was in very bad windy conditions a good game of football. Both sides passed the ball on the floor well which the conditions dictated.

2 red cards for Four Lanes reduced them to 9 and a poor challange left I think Ryan Curnow needing to leave the field (I hope he is OK as he is an excellent player). However the game was long gone by then. I am sure if Lanes had taken a few more shots first half with the wind and maybe displayed a little more discipline to stay on the pitch would have seen a closer result I am sure.

That result reverses the 5 - 0 drubbing they gave us at the start of the season. Best of luck to Ivan and Paul for the remainder of their games.

Good side, good football nice lads.

Gwinear 0 Troon 3

Mining League 3

Storm Reserves 2 Gulval Reserves 0

Can anybody tell me if all games that due to be played at Clijah Croft today were cancelled?

We were only informed that our game against Mount Ambrose was to be post-poned at 13.30 today.

Mining 3

West Cornwall 5 - St. Buryan 1

Good well fought game.. although play was delayed for up to half an hour due to an injury to one of the West Cornwall players ambulance etc. which happened late into the 1st half.. with the score at 2-1 WC. It could've gone either way. Wc then went on to score 3 more in the 2nd half and one great effort from a sub. All in all good game best luck for the season to both teams

Goals

West Cornwall

Owain Barrett 3

Matt Reynolds

Zach Podd

ARTHUR PEARCE CUP.

Redruth V Pendeen -OFF-

Spice of Life V Trevenson -OFF-

Trispen 0, Illogan 8.

DUNN CUP.

Halsetown 3, St Just 1.

DIVISION 1.

Gulval 7, Four Lanes 0.

Gwinear 0, Troon 3.

Robartes 2, Storm 2.

St Buryan 4, St Ives 3.

DIVISION 2.

C.S.M. 4, Mousehole 0.

Crown Inn Glory 2, St Agnes 1.

Goonhavern ? v Portreath ?

Holmans 4, Halsetown 1.

Madron 2, Sennen 3.

Mount Ambrose v Newlyn -OFF-

Threemilestone 0, Chacewater 4. :(

Titans 1, Illogan 3.

DIVISION 3

CNB 3, Newlyn N.A. 3.

Heamoor 2, Ludgvan 3.

Marazion 1, Redruth 3.

St Ives Mariners 2, Trevenson 4.

Storm 2, Gulval 0.

West Cornwall 5, St Buryan 1.

I watched Mariners Vs Trevenson, Div 3 game.

There was an extraordinary start as the Trevenson side was completely changed just before the kick off as the first team arrived from their game - called off at Spice.

For most of the game they were still outplayed by Mariners who were 2 -1 up at half time.

In the second half they threatened to swamp Trevenson. Fortunately for Trevenson, Nathan Hick had a superb game in goal, and stopped everything including 5 or 6 one-on-ones, a vicious shot from Ben Ashe about six yards out and another 5 or six shots that could be expected to have resulted in a goal at this level. Mariners hit the frame at least three times.

Amazingly, at 75 minutes it was only 2-1 to Mariners. In the last 10 minutes a change of tactics by the home side to add more pressure, had the unfortunate result of leaving gaps in the Mariners midfield and defence and Trevenson scored three with three chances to win the game comfortably.

Well done Nathan Hick, earned the three points all by yourself.

Mining Division 2

Holmans 4 - 1 Halestown

halsetown 3 st just 1 dunn cup

CLOSE GAME MADE VERY DIFFICULT BY WEATHER CONDITIONS, ST JUST PLAYED WITH WIND FIRST HALF AND MUST HAVE FELT VERY MIFFED WHEN OUR KEEPER WAS DECEIVED BY A BACK PASS WHICH FROM WHERE I WAS [iN THE NEXT FIELD GETTING A BALL] DEFINITLY LOOKED TO HAVE CROSSED THE LINE BUT THE REF WHO WAS CLOSER THAN ME SAID NO, OUR LINO SAYS HE COULDNT TELL FROM WHERE HE WAS,

WE THEN WENT ON TO MISS NUMEROUS CHANCES [AS SEEMS THE NORM AT THE MOMENT].THEN LAWRENCE KENNEDY SCORED A FINE INDIVIDUAL GOAL , ST JUST EQUALISED WITH A WIND ASSISTED

30 YARDER AND THEN HAD 3 GOOD EFFORTS FROM FREE KICKS 2 OF WHICH WERE WELL SAVED BY OUR KEEPER, SECOND HALF WITH THE WIND WE CAMPED IN ST JUST HALF AGAIN MISSED LOADS OF CHANCES JUST WHEN ST JUST SEEMED TO HAVE FORCED IT TO EXTRA TIME STEVE WEST POPPED UP WITH A GOAL

WE THEN SCORED ALMOST IMMEDIATLY AGAIN TO WRAP UP GAME. ST JUST HAVE GOT A GOOD GROUP OFF YOUNG PLAYERS WHO BATTLE FOR EVERY THING AND ALSO PLAY SOME GOOD FOOTBALL, BUT I HAVE TO ADD ON THE DOWNSIDE THAT TWO OR THREE OFF THE YOUNG PLAYERS NEVER STOPPED MOANING AND DISPUTING EVERY DECISION THE REF GAVE, NOW TO BE FAIR THE BALL OVER THE LINE DECISION AND ONCE OUR KEEPER MADE A BLINDING SAVE REF GAVE A GOAL KICK DECISION WERE ANNOYING FOR THEM BUT IT WAS INCESSANT, I AM NOT TRYING TO STIR UP A PROTRACTED ONLINE ARGUMENT IT IS JUST AN OBSERVATION, WELL PLAYED ST JUST

I think Kerrier council should look to pay back any expenses incurred by teams who were left without a game because of this **** up at clijah. I guess all the referees would still need paying. but at the end of the day it would only be your council tax money, so no win situation really! :SM_carton:

Mining 3

West Cornwall 5 - St. Buryan 1

Good well fought game.. although play was delayed for up to half an hour due to an injury to one of the West Cornwall players ambulance etc. which happened late into the 1st half.. with the score at 2-1 WC. It could've gone either way. Wc then went on to score 3 more in the 2nd half and one great effort from a sub. All in all good game best luck for the season to both teams

Goals

West Cornwall

Owain Barrett 3

Matt Reynolds

Zach Podd

I hope his ambulance is now ok!!!! :thumbsup:

Firstly I would like to apologize to all the teams affected by the problem with Clijah on Saturday. It’s completely the council fault and I will take full responsibility, due to it being my staff that runs this complex. I have written to all the home teams that should have played at Clijah that day explaining this and confirming that we will cover any costs incurred due to this issue. Once again sorry about this and a new procedure has been put in place so there will be no repetition.

Well done Meady :clapper: , although not involved with any of the games on sat, i can imagine how frustrating it would be for the teams involved. Good to see thatrather than turn a blind eye, your making sure this sort of thing won't happen again. :clapper: