Falmouth Athletic Rosudgeon

Lizard Frogpool Cusgarne

Penryn Athletic v Cury

Stithians v Constantine

St.Day v Ruan Minor

Guest mikey catterall

percy stephens cup

troon 6 mullion 2

in a very windy encounter both teams found it hard to play good football it was 1 a piece at half time but with the wind second half troon were to much for mullion to handle goal scorers were riche ward (4) dave bartlam and mikey catterall with his (24) goal of the season.

Falmouth Ath 7 Wendron 1 Percy stephens cup. Game played in good spirits throughout with a young Wendron side playing neat football at times. Ath took the lead when perrin lobbed over the advancing keeper after 15mins wendron were level 10mins later from a corner. Mooro regained the lead for Ath straight away then mooro headed on for perrin to take his second. Perrin finished his hatrick just before halftime. Early in the second half Macintosh headed over the advancing Keeper then after a goalmouth scramble Ambrose shot past everyone into the far corner. Perrin finished the scoring late on with a good solo effort and Wendron were indebted to their young keeper who pulled of a great save from Ambrose and bravely denied Mooro twice diving at the strikers feet. Good luck to Wendron in their league for the rest of the season

mawnan res v camborne park = 6-3 well fought game and some good football played by both teams. camborne parks Ash Mugford and Keir Woodhead playing some nice football. goal scorers for mawnan were Robbie Eccleston, Keiron??, Andrew julian, Chris Wood 2, Paul ??

Credit to Camborne Park, they played well. good luck to Stu and the boys.

Guest pete norfolk

Mawnan 6 Camborne Park 3 HT 2-2

Game in first half was a credit to the league with both teams playing brilliant football. scond half we never really turned up and mawnan punished us. Good game. Goals scored by pete norfolk, Ashley mugford and matt woodward (penalty)

good referring too.

good luck to mawnan for the rest of the season.

Guest 00Frogman

frogpool 1-3 Marazion

Close game. Marazion 1-0 inside 5 mins when a flick on from a throw was headed in. Then went 2-0 up when a very dubious penalty was awarded, no one except the ref saw the infringement!

We struck back when my new boots (not me!) pulled off an amazing chip from the touchline, to by-pass the whole defence and send dan hutchings through with only the keeper to beat.

10 mins later a deflected shot left Mikey flat footed to send Marazion 3-1 up at half time.

Second half we had some great chances to score, but some our finishing was nothing short of pathetic!

I was glad to hear the whistle, 6 weeks out had taken its toll on me. Game played generally in good spirits, one or two crazy lunges towards the end, but was to be expected!

Well done Marazion! :smiley20:

Div 3: Fal Ath Res 8 Rosudegeon Res 1.

Solid performance by Athletic who were 4 up at half time. Could have been more.

A more determined Rosudgeon started second half brightly and battled hard.

The visitors pulled one back (no details mentioned!) before an Ath penalty.

Putting more pressure on Falmouth eventually slotted a few more away.

Ath scorers were Mike Cudlipp 3, Big Brian Burton 2, Kev Jefferies 1, Will Annear 1 and Andy Winnan 1.

Steve Stivey nearly got on the score sheet but 'Sniffer' Jefferies grabbed it first!

Special mention to Winno playing superbly on his Ath return after a few years.

And Sloth who ref'd at the last minute.

Good luck to Rosudgeon for the rest of the season.

Horrible conditions at mousehole today falmouth albion goal scorers neil ansell and ryan james 2

some shock results today falmouth town and mawnan losing any match reports ??

Truro have pulled in some good results lately maybe a late contender for the league

I believe Penryn game may have been called off , half there players were dotted around the county watching games

Good game yesterday though ruined by the wind, which Truro certainly dealt with better than us. They are a cracking little side, literally, and play good football which is nice see. Excellently refereed by ol whatsisname,sorry dont know his name though he knows mine...we have history.

Mawnan 1 up inside 5 mins with cross that eluded all and went in by Chris"midlife crisis or turning a bit ###### with new white boots, lemon grass shower gel and a thumb ring"Dash. We then lost patch and Damo to injuries and seemed to lose our movement. Truro came back into it and were lucky for the keeper not to walk for swearing loudly at the ref but hey thats up to the ref.

2nd half Truro flew out the blocks as we struggled against the wind and could barely leave our half for 15 mins in which the game was won. Noots decided to wave at his Mrs from a corner as their centre half then had a free header. Ross"Gareth Southgate"Stevens gave away a free kick, bit harsh some you get some you dont, which was nicely put in the top corner then Chris"seriously,white boots at your age?"Dash gave away a pen which was also put away.

We came into a bit then with a re shape but never threatened in a major way though Smudge did have a cracking "goal" disallowed for hand ball i think in the build up. Gregg had a open goal from 25yards, by open I mean absolutely noone near it, but put his shot wide. The keeper then made himself look a complete clown by jumping around like hed just scored, spotsmanship fella, though I guess with hairstyle like that he would be used to looking a bit stupid in public.

Full credit to Truro cracking side who play good football and definetly the best side we have played so far, no disrespect to the other sides we have played.

Taken from Sunday Independent ©

FHFL Results 17/01/2009

Percy Stephens Cup

Falmouth Athletic 7 Wendron 1

Perranwell 0 Hayle 1

Porthlevern 3 Falmouth Town 0

Troon 6 Mullion 2

Lockhart Cup

Truro City 3 Mawnan 1

FHFL 1

Helston 0 St Agnes 5

Mousehole 1 Falmouth Albion 3

Penryn v Pendeen post

St Keverne 5 Stithians 2

FHFL 2

Constantine 2 Lizard 3

Frogpool 1 Marazion 3

Lanner 1 Carharrack 2

Mawnan 6 Camborne Parl 3

Perranporth 3 Rosudgeon 2

FHFL 3

Carharrack Res v Trispen - post

Falmouth Athletic 8 Rosudgeon 1

Lizard 4 Frogpool 0

St Day 2 Ruan Minor 3

Stithians 1 Constantine Res 3

Sorry gillo10 but when your near 40 built striker throws our 16 year old right back into a hoarding around the ground, then jumps on him maybe refs do need to take some of the blame when kids coming into football these days decide not to because of idiots like him, then getting away with it.

The ref had a shocker all game and was listening to everything the number said to do, even gave a silly free kick when a ball blatantly hit my knee and when i then questioned why i wasnt getting sent off as he thought it was deliberate handball i was told to go away. If he really felt so strong about his decision its a straight red. even if he didnt, its on of those where if he's given it, it warrants a card.

Somes up another thread on this forum. When refs bottle cards against physical sides.

Bloody hell chief you make it sound like the Royal Rumble. Ok so he shouldnt have done that but these things happen. The ref decided to have a word and that was the end of it. What does age have to with it exactly? If he is playing in the league he is old enough to take the tackles that come in this league. If you ask any defender in the league im sure they would say Greg is a physical player, pretty sure he doesnt check birth certificates before deciding how to play. The guy took it and all credit to him he didnt back out of any tackles all game, gave as good as he got.

Got to say your the 1st player to seem disappointed at not being sent off! From where i was, pretty much next to the ref, it looked like handball. You say it wasnt thats fair enough I take your word on that. Im fairly confident that for him to send you off he would have to think you stopped a goal scoring opportunity. With 3 defenders, 1 attacker and the positioning of the incident i would say you didnt so he did his job. If that is not the rule then he probably thought there is 5 mins to go, Truro are 3-1 up and Mawnan could be here till midnight and not score why should I cost this youngster £20 and make him miss a couple of games. If thats the case maybe you should say thanks to him not slate him, maybe you should say thanks for not sending you off for swearing at the guy from 30 yards away. Maybe you should think of yours and other youngsters attitude towards refs rather than trying to blame them for a lack of youngsters coming through. Which isnt true by the way. Maybe the attitude refs face from cocky think they know it youngsters is a reason there is a shortage!?

Before anyone says it I know that quite something from me but hey Im growing up slowly.

Phil im not sure about the injuries, Damo calf and patch knee. Sure they will be fine. If not we have decent cover in the of Stuart"noel edmonds with grey hair"Wilkes, Duncan Aryes and Clancy, who all came on and did well. Not sure that its our plan to lose in the cup games as we want to win everything but guess it will ease fixture congestion come April.Who will be coming for me/us next season, do I actually know you?

football is a physical game!!

put up or shut up!

simple as

same thing could happen to the guy is he was up against a man mountain centre half at under 16 level so age really has nothing to do with it

i started playing mens football at 14 and knew if i let people get the better of me physically then i'd always be on to a loser!

i know me and mawnan players arent the best of mates but think i might agree with them on this one!

violence such as punching or headbutting or deliberately trying to injure someone is a defo NO NO, but somethimes the physicality of the game is part and parcel!!

I didnt mean for it to sound about age. All Im saying is this huge guy against our tiny right back and fair play to Charlie he gave out what he got but anyone else who may not have been as confident would have been afraid of that in future.

I'm also pretty sure I know what I'm on about!!

17/01/2009

FHFL 2

Lanner 1 Carharrack 2

Attendance: 49

A jubilant Carharrack claimed victory over local FHFL 2 rivals Lanner. This crunch derby match played in front of a large crowd was initially slow to take off with a hat full of chances narrowly missed by both sides. It was Lanner however who took the lead just before the interval when a clearance deflected into the back of the visitors net. A stern team talk by Carharrack skipper Craig Moyle appeared to work with the visitors fighting for the second ball in order to gain possession after the break. The equaliser came on the 64th when defender Martin Murphy laid the ball onto striker Liam Bray who skilfully side stepped the home keeper before placing the ball into the back of the net. This rejuvenated Carharrack who could see a victory in sight. The call was answered again by Bray who shot the ball past the goal line sending the crowd ecstatic on the 71st. Lanner battled to the dying moments but it was Carharrack's injured goalkeeper Leah who soldiered on to save a well placed direct kick ending any attempts of a home equaliser before the final whistle.

Man of the Match: Liam Bray

Referee: M.Wise

Greg is not dirty, he plays hard and sometimes gives away free kicks away. Show me a player who doesnt! Ok so he shouldnt have done what he did but I hardly think it warrants all this, nor do I think the ref not sending him to the stocks will effect any young player who may think of playing mens football. Thats right mens football, played by MEN. Those that are over the age of 16 are allowed to play, therefore they are there to be a goalkeeper, striker, get fouled, save a penalty, give away fouls and ANYTHING else that is involved in the game. The kid has not complained, that would be only you. Perhaps you think that because you play for Truro you cannot be fouled and are exempt from the usual guidelines that govern the game. You state that you know what you are talking about. It is not coming across that way, you are coming acoss as a bit of an arrogant so and so without actually acccomplishing anything in your fledgling career. I would suggest you wind ya neck in, thank your lucky stars there was a ref for the game on Saturday and that he was a sensible chap therefore not costing you lots of your paper round money.

Not sure why your'e so angry, perhaps its the fact you didnt get show your mates how tough you are by being sent off, perhaps its that silly design on top of your head, mmmm I think I found the answer with that one!!

I didnt mean greg as dirty player gills i meant the guy is very clever the way he goes about things and knows what is legal and what isnt to be honest someone you should look learn off, if that again makes any sense

Maybe you should make a bet with him that if you boys win him the league you get to wax his back ?

I heard Mullion put out there fringe players against Troon as it was a Cup match they did'nt want to be in,

good luck to Troon in the cup

To the best of my knowledge, and what I was told by members of Mullion is that they were without 3 or 4 of there regulars. We were without 3 of us, lost them to the first team. So if they're saying it was a fringe team, they were obviously embarrased by the scoreline maybe?

Troon 6 Mullion 2

Troon welcomed Mullion up to Grouter park for this cup fixture.

It was a very windy day so straight away we knew the ball had to be played on the floor. A great example of the wind would be that the mullion keeper could throw the ball the length of our pitch, where as our keeper who can usually reach the oppositions 18yard box, could kick as far as the edge of his box.

I'm not going to go into too much detail as Mikey said a fair bit. A good game played in good spirits. A Very good referee also so all credit to him. 2nd half we played some brilliant football. I think Mullion's problem was their inability to adapt to the wind and use it to their advantage. I sated at half time that if we have the wind on our side, Our defence should sit very high. We did that and had 9 players at all time in there half. A brilliant 4 goals by Richie Ward, the pick of them being from a overhead kick by mikey catteral on the goal line, finding wardy 8 yards out. Also Mikey and myself scoring.

All credit to Mullion, a good side. The chap in the middle of the park with the (permed) hair? should be playing a higher standard. He was there man of the match in my eyes.

Thank you for a good game. All the best for the rest of the season.

Gillo10, I think I can say I'm going somewhere as at only 20 I am currently a member of the first team squad merely helping out our third team as I normally play for the reserves and the third team keeper was/is suspended. When you get to anywhere near the southern league standard, let me know!!

Guest some call him David Bentley

I heard Mullion put out there fringe players against Troon as it was a Cup match they did'nt want to be in,

good luck to Troon in the cup

To the best of my knowledge, and what I was told by members of Mullion is that they were without 3 or 4 of there regulars. We were without 3 of us, lost them to the first team. So if they're saying it was a fringe team, they were obviously embarrased by the scoreline maybe?

Troon 6 Mullion 2

Troon welcomed Mullion up to Grouter park for this cup fixture.

It was a very windy day so straight away we knew the ball had to be played on the floor. A great example of the wind would be that the mullion keeper could throw the ball the length of our pitch, where as our keeper who can usually reach the oppositions 18yard box, could kick as far as the edge of his box.

I'm not going to go into too much detail as Mikey said a fair bit. A good game played in good spirits. A Very good referee also so all credit to him. 2nd half we played some brilliant football. I think Mullion's problem was their inability to adapt to the wind and use it to their advantage. I sated at half time that if we have the wind on our side, Our defence should sit very high. We did that and had 9 players at all time in there half. A brilliant 4 goals by Richie Ward, the pick of them being from a overhead kick by mikey catteral on the goal line, finding wardy 8 yards out. Also Mikey and myself scoring.

All credit to Mullion, a good side. The chap in the middle of the park with the (permed) hair? should be playing a higher standard. He was there man of the match in my eyes.

Thank you for a good game. All the best for the rest of the season.

All i know is that you say that you had to keep it on the floor but the pitch was so SHIT that you couldnt even pass it along the floor for 2 yards without it bobbling high into the air and aother this is that you say mullion struggled to adapt well lets just sa if it was as clifden park it would of been a different story !!!

But good luck in the rest of th cup