Cornwall Football Forum

Wadebridge Town v Saltash United

Guest Peppermint

Guest Peppermint

The good news is that the long awaited match is ON this evening according to the League Forum. Kick Off 7.30pm - I am looking forward to it and hopefully there will be a good size crowd at Bodieve Park. The winners are at home to Ivybridge in the next round.

Suppose so.

Thawing pitch cup up a lot on Saturday. Yesterday's rain probably didn't help but it was drying for a fair bit of today. But then Wadebridge bore the brunt of some very heavy showers between 4 and 7 this evening.

I reckon this game is fated and it must have been a nightmare for those involved with the various calls today.

Guest Peppermint

I have just come back from Wadebridge and it is a great pity for all concerned but it was a case of raining at the wrong time. It was touch and go at 6.15pm and then at about 6.30pm it rained quite heavily again and that gave the referee no alternative.

The game is now due to be played next Tuesday - hopefully there will be no problem - you have to have a great deal of sympathy for both clubs in this long drawn out saga. Unfortunately nothing can be done about our unpredictable weather.

Your quite right Andy it is a nightmare!

I arrived at the ground at 6.25 with the programmes for tonights game (the third lot we had prepared) & had an anxious 10 minutes or so while the officials were checking out the playing surface. Our Secretary was busy with his fork but alas all to no avail! The match official decided the pitch was unplayable due too too much water on the surface & it was still raining with more heavy rain expected.

Up until 3.30 it had been a really fine day but from then on the rain really did start to come down. I for one was really looking forward to tonights match and along with players & officials from both clubs I'm very disappointed the game could not go ahead. :(

We try again next Tuesday night but that in itself has other implications as we had organised an ECPL game for the second team against Sticker, so we need to reschedule that game!

As they say, funny old game!!!!