Cornwall Football Forum

MAWGAN UTD - POINTS

How many points do Mawgan Utd actually have, I heard on this forum a few weeks ago that they have 7 points, however the West Briton (not always reliable I know) in the last two editions has said they've got 3 points. So if anyone can please let me know how many points they actually have that would great. This is just to keep the league table as up to date as possible.

As far as I am aware we have 7 points from 10 games as it stands but we will have a big say in where the title goes and who gets promoted as there is still a lot of football to be played and we are all sticking together and going to finish as high as possible.

This is something you can hang your hat on we will still finish higher than a lot of teams in this division and we have to play most of the boys at the top again, but we feel we have been wronged big time and as we are being kicked from every possible angle we are appealing against every decision and hopefully will get a few points back and the ridulous amounts of fines we have had reduced, we realise that most teams don't like us and thats fine but we are not going to change our style of play and with the players we have got and with an even deeper determination to do as well as possible I certainly wouldn't want to be playing us.

We didn't play on Saturday as the pitch was still frozen at 12 o clock andd the far end was in the shade I rang the Troon secretary left a message on his house phone and on his mobile. I can't do any more than that but it seems that is another stick to beat us with!

Is that alright for you one-dart? does that clear everything up for you? I'm sorry I should have thought on, letting you know what is happening should have been my priority (dickhead) :angry2::angry2::angry2:

Also a couple of our lads went to watch Culdrose fold in the second half against Wendron and there complete gobshite of a manager (scooby the C**KS**K**) said you don't have to worry about us now lads. NEWSFLASH GOBSHITE WE WEREN'T WORRIED ABOUT YOU ANYWAY! When we finish above Culdrose it will prove we have still had a good season and no-one not even the CLOWNS at the FHFL will be able to take that away from us.

SCOOBY AND THE OTHER GRASS NEWSHAM WE ARE COMING FOR YOU!!!

now obviously people will be coming back and having there say which the forum is all about I look forward to your comments

MAC

Ah reckon so

Face the facts that if your club had not illegally played the service players who by not having clearance are classed as un-registered players you wouldn't have lost your points!! It's no use blaming Scooby or Col for what was clearly an Admin **** up by your club...we all make mistakes! I am a service player and secretary at a local club and managed to do it right by obtaining clearance and submitting the clearance form along with the registration certificate for each of the 8 service players we have. Unfortunatly for Mawgan your club didnt and you have been caught and punished....get over it and move on!!!!

i think iamthebest that the fine and punishment would be from the FHFL not CCFA

fao ah reckon so, your last post has helped you out no end, personally if I was sat on the league council and read your comments I would try and throw the book at Mawgan. Why an earth did,nt your club call a meeting put facts onto paper and approach the league or CCFA in a correct manor and put a case forward? You could have contacted Scooby politely asked what other players were playing in the league without consent (if any) and built yourself a case on facts. Instead you as a representitive of Mawgan are making comments that are totally unacceptable. As a club secretary I have had 2 agm,s where the league council were upset over reports put on this website. This forum was described as the cancer of cornish football, all that started to change with Mr David Sobey even posting the scores and top scorers on here for us to read. However with your attitude I like many others feel that you are taking this forum backwards! I know that you are annoyed over the loss of points, Keep on playing and build yourselves up to where you belong. All the best for the rest of the season.

This forum was described as the cancer of cornish football

The forum has nearly 2000 members, with 80 million annual web hits and now the number one link to cornish football information on Google!

Lets be honest everyone I meet throughout footbal in the county says to me if they want to find something out quickly this is the first place they come.

Topcat the FHFL league (or the gestapo which ever way you want to look at them) opinion of me has no relevance on decisions being made against our club. At no point have I looked to blame anyone else, it was me who overlooked getting navy clearance and me who has taken it on the chin but the situation only rose after we had the audacity to beat Culdrose, my dislike of Scooby the gobshite is because he is badmouthing me all round town when he is pissed then being nice as pie to my face. all of which = being a gobshite in my book, I have no problems with the lads who play for Culdrose and see a few of them out for a drink at the weekend and there is a good honest rivalry which is good

As I say this is an open forum and people dont have to like me or my team and opinions are like arse holes every one has one and everyone else's stinks!

Cheers for the feedback

I came on to try and clear up a few things up hope I have

Cheers

Mac

Ah reckon so, I have no bad feelings for Mawgan whatsoever, but you did say that you felt you were wronged and were attempting to reduce your point deductions and fines so i just feel you should show a little more respect to the Fal/Hel league council.

Chown that quote I added was correct at that time this forum did have a few people who were totally out of order with some posts, It has now as you say become a very good source of information for many people but the last thing you want is it to slip back

All the best

Topcat

I'm not getting at you mate,

I went to a meeting with the Fal/Hel league committee and for the 1st hour and a half was nice as pie, but then the thumb screws came out and it started to feel like an interrogation, and I don't take kindly to being spoken to like an 8 year old and told them so (I'm not saying anything on here that wasn't said to peoples faces, in fact a lot less is being said on here) I made a mistake by not getting navy clearance & I understand that there are rules and punishments for that mistake and have begrudgingly taken them on the chin and accept that we are bottom of the league, but then they started trying to hit me with other things that we're not guilty of so those are the things that will be appealed.

I'm just trying to clear a few things up as the rumour mill is on overtime and a lot of bad things are being said about me & the team.

I will say again that nobody has to like me or the team but anyone who knows us or has even played against us knows that we are committed (mouthy) on the pitch but once the games over we are always good as gold and always go back for a drink and a laugh and put money over everyones bar and we are always entertaining whether people like us or not.

One Dart the reason I have been quiet is I have been seething over events for the last few weeks and didn't want to be coming on here and getting into rows with the wind up merchants on here (there are a few out there) but now I'm calm and can chat about it all (even Deano has said he feels sorry for us, how times have changed, Cheers Deano) I'm not the sort of person who only 'posts when you're winning' and usually put a match report on win, lose or draw.

Cornish Blue: nice one mate we will be glad to see you back (I know who you are now remember) see you soon mate!

Mac

Guest Highbury boy

ah reckon so - well done...........l usally enjoy this forum, and value the banter between clubs and detailed match reports provided; however your post finaly got a reaction.

Living down here for a few years now l have always enjoyed the competitiveness, hard work and passion displayed by players and clubs; both at combination and F/H league levels. They have been a cerdit to their leagues and county. :clapper: In particular the games against your club. Your guys always put in a great effort!

However your response has undertones which are a disgrace and an embarrassment, and rather childish, to both yourself and your club.

Having been in the Navy for 14 years, and moved all around the country, l have always required clearance/insurance to play for civilan clubs. Nothing new there.

YOUR own personal admin incompetence has lead to the current situation of your club. It seems no other indivdual other then youself is to blame! Deal with it. Man up, and stop looking for scapegoats!

Appreciate it puts you in a diffcult situation (ie your the one in charge and the sole person responsible); however l hope you don't start using your own warped mind and blame culture to start poisoning the minds of your hardworking honest players.

Also suggest you stop making pathetic threats on websites like this.... as you just look like some kind of despreate C**T!

i would say that mawgan would have won the league this year, not easily, but i believe they would have done it. i guess you learn from your mistakes and know now that for half hours work it probably is worth getting all the loose ends tied up. i am however feeling happy because that leaves the league open for the mighty TINE, mawnan and troon to fight it out. so thankyou!!

ps think comments towards scooby were pretty harsh, but not my arguement so what will be will be.

:thumbsup:

Highbury Boy

Read my posts again and you will see that I have accepted full responsability for the **** up, I have dealt with it, I have 'manned up' and taken it on the chin and haven't looked for a scapegoat once.

There are no undertones to what I have put it is all there for everyone to see what my opinions of certain people are. As for being embarrased about my comments, nothing could be further from the truth, there are to many people who come on this forum and say things that they think other people want to hear to get a pat on the back or a 'well done on that comment old chap' well football is about passion and commitment and sometimes things get done and said that other people may not like but that doesn't make them any less true.

Also read back and there has not been one threat so calling me pathetic and a desperate c**t doesn't wash, all I have said is that we are coming for Culdrose and are aiming to finish higher than them by the end of the season, so learn to read in context before you start throwing your insults around.

I hope all the rest of posts are as bang on the money and entertaining as this one.

Phil Mitchell I think the mighty 'TINE' will land the league as we have played everyone else and there doesn't really seem to be much out there for you to worry about.

MAC (the pathetic desperate C**t, apparently)

Well what ever anyone thinks of Mawgan and ah reckon so on this forum, least he says what he feels and gives his honest opinion whether you think it is right or wrong. He certainly does not use this forum to hide behind who he is or what he feels. ( Even if the odd comment is perhaps best kept to himself!!)

What ever the rights or wrongs of the fine and point deductions imposed on Mawgan, you can not deny their spirit to keep fighting on. There are clubs up and down the county who break rules every weekend and every one on here knows it. Good luck Mawgan on the rest of the season :smiley20: