Cornwall Football Forum

Chelski

midfield

I can't wait to see what literary garbage (that no-one really understands or cares about!) Isaac rosenburg can come up with to explain that performance away.

As a neutral (I hate both clubs in equal amounts!), I thought there was a distinct gap in class between the two sides, and it appears that the title race will pan out just as I thought.. a two-horse race between Liverpool & Man U.

The more worrying thing for Blue-noses would be (as midfield said), if they continue to play like they did today then Villa, Arsenal & possibly Everton might just reel them in.

Christ, imagine if they finished outside the top 4, then Roman threw all his toys out the pram and left! Chelsea would go back to being the average little club they always were! :D

Oh dear. Having watched a fair bit of United this season I don't think they will have many easier matches. Chelski will need to get their finger out and if they put in similar performances the chasing pack will have a chance to push them out.

Ten out of ten for the idea that resulted in the opening goal being chalked off, I guess it is a good job Vidic scored immediately afterwards!

:Santa: Isaac, wherever you may be

Chelski went down no goals to three

I can't help but think

That Mr Scolari

Needs to borrow your dictionary

:Santa: Isaac, wherever you may be

United drubbed a poor Chelsea

There's not much worse

We're all engrossed

And we can't wait for your next post!

You really are a big DIPSTICK.No wonder you are not a gambler,the bookies would make a fortune from

you.

Now if Chelski,are sinking,I think the goons are the b---dy titanic.

If everyone is so s--t,and your mob are so wonderful,why are'nt you top of the table.

You were this time last season,and b---sed it up.

I think that if you read the other posts in between ours you will find people agree with ME.

Muppet. <_<

PS - the apostrophe in aren't comes after the "n".

:lol:

Oh, and another thing. In the last 6 matches we have picked up 12 points to Chelski's 9. You do talk out of your a--e at times mate!

The little trick that United pulled with the corner was a favorite of Teignmouths when they won the old Devon league a few seasons ago. If i recall correctly though, they approached the officials before the game and informed them of their intention before the game would begin and the officials had no problems with it.

Needless to say that word got around within a few weeks and people got wise.

Mitch that is genius!

Well 3 days ago idiot boringburg told me he would save it until Sunday. One can only assume he meant he was hoping Chelsea would walk away with victory and he would have the opportunity to take the preverbial pi*s out of I and other United fans. Perhaps he is in hiding thinking of ways to blame the Combo league fixture secretary for a Tinners player headbutting a Newquay player yesterday, everything else is his fault. On behalf of all United fans I would like to say thanks to Chelsea for making today so so easy, just what we needed after a hard game midweek against Derby and ahead of a game vs Wigan, sure they will make the boys work harder than today. Where was Drog the Magnificent, where was inspirational leader JT, where was van der Sar, cant remember seeing him today!?

When did Chelsea turn into vampires? Not seen a collective group hate crosses so much since I watched Lost Boys! :yahoo:

And a big thanks to the Silly Spainiard for awaking the monster.

Not really sure why the officials would have to told about the corner incident, surely no different to any other clever set piece. Can any officials out there enlighten us?

As a Liverpool fan I was hoping for draw, but to be honest as soon as the the first goal went in I couldn't realy see it going any other way. As you say Gillo, it was too easy for United to walk away with three points. Maybe it was just a bad day, but I don't recall Chelsea playing that badly for a long time.

I had to smile at what you posted, I don't think it'll be long before you see a reply...

As for the corner, if Rooney was going to make a routine pass to Giggs, surely he wouldn't have to ask the assistant for consent?

Very good, Mitch, some very inhenious choices of rhyme, leading us all in the dance !

I can't disagree with any of the analyses of the match I've read so far except the one that writes Chelsea off altogether. It's a long lane that has no turning and this has been a far from predictable season so far.

On the day, Chelsea were badly motivated and, while the third United goal should have been disallowed for the premeditated foul by Vidic on Franco Di Santo, the game had already been lost anyway. If only somebody had needled Rooney a little more at the right moment, the face of the game could have been changed. I hope we only draw at Anfield, as I hope that if Chelsea do not win the title, that Liverpool do.... we may still win the league. Essien's coming back......

As Peck 1961 presumably realises after today, the mighty Wigan pack a surprising punch, which leaves Tottenham in the bottom three by clear points rather than goal difference.

What headbutt, Gillo 10 ? Surely if there had been one, officials would have taken action. I don't think your implied disrespect for a Cornish referee at a game you didn't see is an appropriate subject for the non-Cornish football forum.

:D

As Peck 1961 presumably realises after today, the mighty Wigan pack a surprising punch, which leaves Tottenham in the bottom three by clear points rather than goal difference.

I'm just glad your boys made such a dismal effort today and will in turn, keep my boys from being the crisis club in the papers this week!

Get ready for the usual garbage from the papers... dressing room splits, Scolari has lost the dressing room, Deco is teachers pet, we want Mourinho back!

It's gonna be grrreat!! :clapper:

This Chelsea S/T holder agrees with the main thrust. I looked at the league table after the match and thought that Arsenal in 5th weren't that far behind. The real problem is the left side as I have mentioned before. Kalouless isn't good enough, Malouda hasn't been interested since Mourinho left and the 1 player who should have been tried there has been sold to Man City. 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 only works if you have good wide men and we haven't. Joe Cole is not getting any better as a wide player which leaves the full-backs to get the crosses in. Works against the lesser teams but they were far too busy today to get forward. Most of the fans around me think Deco is "teacher's pet" - he can't play on the left and isn't good enough to dispace Lamps or Ballack. I really think he's not cut out for the Prem.

Im talking about the headbutt one of your beloved "alledgely" dished out to a Newquay chap on Sat. You know, the one you pretty much condoned by telling another forum user that football is a mans game! You are correct I did not see the incident but Im willing to take the word of several Newquay folk over a much unrespected cheat like yourself. I, in no way, implied disrespect to the ref as it was stated that the ref himself did not see the incident.

As for the Vidic "foul" I agree it should have been a free kick, a bit like when JT does it on a regular basis.

Good news for Carvalho, Wasps were very impressed with the tackling show on display and have offered Danny Cipriani in part exchange. Also the sniper that took out Ballack has been found, obviously freed without charge due to who he was shooting. Also Vidic and Evans have promised to put Anelka and Drog the Magnificent on the first train to Paddington as soon as they get them out of their pockets!

How far was you said United have fallen isaac!?

"How far was I said"...."unrespected"...."alledgely".....you've obviously been drinking, Gillian : make sure you don't give yourself a turn and regurgitate your prawn sandwich ! Go headbutt yourself...might knock in some sense.

Di Santo...thanks for agreeing: 2-0, then.

Right, nmo decent qwide boys left at Chel !

How about a crazy switch to 4-4-2 with Cole on the left , Deco on the right , the obvious pair up front and tell the full-backs to defend first and foremost, Baldy ? Kalou, Malouda, Mikel,Alex, Belletti on the bench.....maybe replace Ballack with Mikel when defending a 1-0 lead ?

17 26 6 3

20 13 8 10

39 11

Maybe sign Neil Curnow, Floody and Knuckles to show United they've been in a game. Maybe not.

:drink:

Bloody hell did I make a couple of spelling mistakes and miss out the word "it"? Oh well thanks for pointing it out isaac, at least you're worrying about the important aspects of the thread. Guess my Engrish just aint wot ures is.

2-0? Fair enough we still get the 3 points and still taught your useless shower of poo a lesson in football. Maybe replace Ballack with Giggs, the 35 year old showed those "world class" clowns how to play centre midfield, not bad for a left winger i guess. Maybe Fergie will play Nani in there next timeto give your lot a slight fighting chance.

Deco cant play wide midfield you silly billy, far too casual and no pace. Doubt Neil would drop his standards leave the Tinners and play for Chelsea.

Keep ya head up there is still the FA Cup to play for .....just.

When are you next on Soccer AM? Superb performance on Saturday!!

So, Isaac ..

Joe Cole isn't effecvtive wide right so play him wide left? He defo can't play there as he has demonstrated many times for Chels & England.

I know you're a stickler for detail so will just point out that JT always plays left of Carvalho.

Can't remember when we last played without a holding midfield player but if the full backs do defend as a priority then the system could work. Still think Bridge should have been given a try on left with Cashley. The Le Saux/Babayaro system was fairly successful.

To be honest I think all those who said Scolari doesn't have a Plan B were correct and the wheels have come off. I see he is odds-on not to be there at start of next season.

Hope he puts out a strong team on Wed cos that is the only comp we can possible win this season unless we do a Liverpool and finish 5th and win the CL (no chance).

This Chelsea S/T holder agrees with the main thrust. I looked at the league table after the match and thought that Arsenal in 5th weren't that far behind. The real problem is the left side as I have mentioned before. Kalouless isn't good enough, Malouda hasn't been interested since Mourinho left and the 1 player who should have been tried there has been sold to Man City. 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 only works if you have good wide men and we haven't. Joe Cole is not getting any better as a wide player which leaves the full-backs to get the crosses in. Works against the lesser teams but they were far too busy today to get forward. Most of the fans around me think Deco is "teacher's pet" - he can't play on the left and isn't good enough to dispace Lamps or Ballack. I really think he's not cut out for the Prem.

So true.

So, Isaac ..

Joe Cole isn't effecvtive wide right so play him wide left? He defo can't play there as he has demonstrated many times for Chels & England.

I know you're a stickler for detail so will just point out that JT always plays left of Carvalho.

Can't remember when we last played without a holding midfield player but if the full backs do defend as a priority then the system could work. Still think Bridge should have been given a try on left with Cashley. The Le Saux/Babayaro system was fairly successful.

To be honest I think all those who said Scolari doesn't have a Plan B were correct and the wheels have come off. I see he is odds-on not to be there at start of next season.

Hope he puts out a strong team on Wed cos that is the only comp we can possible win this season unless we do a Liverpool and finish 5th and win the CL (no chance).

And once again, so true.

Are you going to the bridge on Saturday then Baldy, I havent been since the drubbing of Sunderland earlier in the season and although I felt things were'nt exactly right then, they certainly have come to a head now and not sure what to expect myself! Tricky tie away to my home town Club tonight first though.....brace yourselves my fellow Chelsea fans out there!!!!!

Yes I'll be there Sat. Have decided to miss the Ipswich FACup game if we get that far. 3 day-trips in 12 days would be too much (Midd 28/1) so am pleased to be free to watch Nqy in the Senior Cup.

Just a thought .. how's this for a new formation .. whatever happened to sweepers?

2 6 26

17 13 12 8 3

11 39

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Southend 1 v 0 ManUre just 2 seasons ago, Histon beating Leeds, St Stephens Boro beating Blazey... yep, you have to agree that little ol Chelski did really well under the circumstances to beat those poor lads who get paid £2k a week for playing the game they love... getting paid shitloads dosn't make you a good player, it is the reward for being one (although the amounts are obscene)

If the wheels had come off as some on here had suggested, perhaps the guys from Kwik Fit were called in. Any 4-1 win is a good one.

Please can someone explain how Southend v Chelsea was called off at 6.50 but still played!!!!!!!!!!!

How many ticket holders didn't see the game?

I saw the info on Sky Sports News and went out (no don't all wet yourselves laughing).

Anyone ever heard of this before?

Incompetency from Mr. Foy or maybe a very influential nudge from the hierarchy from ITV??

Either way, a bit of a lash up really. But in the next round and thats whats important even if people want to suggest that we should expect to beat Southend, nobody for me has a right to expect to beat any team.

Be interesting on Saturday to see how we bounce back in the league, especially at home!

Swallows and summer spring to mind.

Say no more.

One swallow doesn't make a summer-you are right.Is that's why the Gooners haven't won anything lately?!!

We've got work to do now Cole is out for the season but we don't need to look any further than young Stoch who can grow into that role.If we can't afford to buy,then we must turn to youth like Sinclair and Di Santo to step up to the mark.The other option is to sell the underachieving and want away Drogba then use that money to get another striker.

I can't understand how we've sold Wright Phillips and Bridge to Man City because we now look a little thin in the squad-but Hey Ho,that's the beauty of being a Chelsea fan!

There's still a long way to go and I'll take 3rd and only 2 points behind at the moment! Our fight back yesterday showed that we've still got the balls and we know how to use them! I know a fat lady and she's not singing yet....

Come on you Blues!! :yahoo:

Epiphany, my ass. That was the worst performance for 4 years. When did you last see Anelka score from outside the box? At least 5 attempts and not 1 on target. Same for Mikel. And of course Malouda ( he really is a joke, still). If they sell DD we may as well all pack up and stay home. SWP is crap, always was, always will be. Haven't seen enough of Di Santo yet but defo promising. Sinclair hasn't been given a fair try esp as you know my views on Kalouless who did, however, have one of his better games. But all things are relative. Scolari will be seen to be a failure (cf Ranieri) and I fully expect a new manager in June.

Lets not lose sight here on the fact that Chelsea are not playing convincing or penetrating football, not looking like a team able to mount a serious charge on 3 fronts, not entirely all singing from the same hymm sheet on the pitch but most importantly NOT out of touch with league leaders, NOT out of the worlds most loved domestic cup comp and NOT out of the Champs league the last time I looked either!

If this turns out to be "Chelsea's blip" of the season then providing Scholari continues to be tough with the prima donna's at the club that I personally think were bought the wrong side of their peak to be able to adjust to the fast paced most demanding league in the world (Ballack, Deco, Malouda (pure rubbish-the worst player to wear a Chelsea shirt since Veron by the way) and previously Shevchenko & Crespo to name but a few), then I believe we will have a big part to play between now and May.

Drogba has been a fantastic asset to us but no longer can be relied upon 100% as his body language, grumblings and attitude is very disruptive so time to move him on. I have this on very good source from somebody who is involved at the club and the training ground on most days.

Our policy these days is reportedly a "one in one out" policy which I for one, am only happy to see as the club will never be self financing by the targeted 2011 date set other wise. Also, and more importantly, I want to see the Mancienne's, Stoch's, Si Santos' and Kakuta's brought in to gain the experience along side the experienced pro's as I believe we have the same quality academy players as Arsenal, yet we also have the experienced players unlike the Arsenal, to balance the side.

As for Saturday, Stoke came to do what has been proved as a winning formula at the Bridge this season- 11 players behind the ball and were good for it for 88mins but credit must go to Chelsea who kept knocking on the door and got their rewards at the death. Lampard and Kalou were by far the best players on the pitch whilst im hoping 7 days from Truro City come in for Malouda so he can finally attempt to play at his own level!! Actually, thats probably being too kind and unjustice to the players of Truro City!!

Ive been visting the Bridge for nearly 30 years now but never celebrated a goal like Lampards 94th minute saviour and that includes beating Liverpool last season in the 2nd leg semi of the Champs league!

Pure relief and elation!

The next 13 days should be very interesting with Liverpool needing a big win in the Merseyside derby tonight and then again in the FA Cup at the weekend and the Chelsea's massive trip to Anfield on Sunday 1st Feb.

Can anyone honestly say where the Prem is going this year? I dont think so, but I do think the winners will have to beat the Manc's into 2nd spot.

I think you are 100% right on that last sentence.

But totally disagree with the rest?! With regards to my comment on Arsenal's youth compared to Chelsea's I have a question for you as an Arsenal supporter.....Do you feel Arsenal lack in the quality players with experience department and if so would you like to have the experienced players Chelsea have or atleast other players of similar calibre in the current Arsenal squad?

But totally disagree with the rest?! With regards to my comment on Arsenal's youth compared to Chelsea's I have a question for you as an Arsenal supporter.....Do you feel Arsenal lack in the quality players with experience department and if so would you like to have the experienced players Chelsea have or atleast other players of similar calibre in the current Arsenal squad?

I didn't say that. Yes, I think we need some experienced players in. The one's that spring to mind are Arshavin and the two from Newcastle - Given and Taylor. However, I can't see the last two coming off but you never know.

I didn't say that. Yes, I think we need some experienced players in. The one's that spring to mind are Arshavin and the two from Newcastle - Given and Taylor. However, I can't see the last two coming off but you never know.

is that taylor the defender for newcastle??? if it is what experiance we he bring other than teach the young pups how to act really badly when caught saving a shot with your hands?? :P :D