Cornwall Football Forum

PERRANPORTH

Guest Cosmic

Does anyone know if PERRANPORTH issue programmes this season? A programme would make the Senior Cup tie with NEWQUAY very appealing to GROUNDHOPPER and I. Thanks.

Probably planning a visit to Perranporth as these groundhoppers prefer to record their visit by way of a programme.

Yesterday with most games off I decided to make a trip to Perranporth (never seen a game there) but was disappointed with no activity on the pitch but on the ajoining ground the rugger boys were warming up to play.

When was the game called off as I waited for most of the postponements to appear on the forum.

Although I did enjoy the coastal drive thru' Portreath/Porthtowan and St.Agnes listening to Freddie Zapp on Radio C.

I hope to make my debut visit at Ponsmere Valley later in the season.

The game was called off at about 12.30 following a pitch inspection that lasted about an hour. Although the top of the pitch looked OK you couldn't get a key more than a few millimetres in the ground and it was deemed unplayable. Sorry you had a wasted trip Mike, we look forward to seeing you soon - may I recommend the Perranporth/Newquay Cup game in 2 weeks?

Hi Ronin. Groundhopper SWPL and I - regulars on the SWPL official forum - have wanted to see a game at Perranporth since we had a peek at your ground after watching a Goonhavern match a few years ago. Your game against Newquay really stands out and we are thinking of coming along. Groundhopper is mad about programmes so is always keen to get one at a game. What is your programme like? We have never been to a Cornwall Combination club's game so we don't know what the programmes are like!

How much will the admission to the Newquay game be, how much will the programme be and what will the kick-off time be?

We went to St Stephen's Borough v St Blazey in the last round and had a really good afternoon.

I seem to remember Perranporth wanted to get into the SWP for the 2007-8 season. Are you still looking to move up?

The programme is included in the gate price which I think is £2.50. It's a colour A5 programme, usually about 20 pages, which contains a contribution from the Chairman and the Manager as well as the usual team sheets, league tables, sponsor adverts and a few humourous bits & bobs. Cup kick offs are usually 2pm and our clubhouse will be open from about 12 noon although we have youth training on Saturday mornings so there's normally someone about from 10am. I'd certainly recommend a visit for that game as I understand we have pork baps on sale in the kitchen and they're awesome!

As for promotion to the SWP well we'll have to see what this season brings :D

If you do come to the game be sure to introduce yourself, I'm easy to spot as I'm the only woman in the dug-out!