Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy Four

Biscovey Reserves 1 - 3 Premier Sixes

HT0-0

Ben Lawrence

Matt Kelly

Tom Longworth

Credit to the Biscovey lads who under new management look a very capable unit who will upset some of the sides higher up the table. Biscovey made a better start but after finding their feet P6 had ther better of it in the first half and were unlucky not to go in 2 or 3 up after some fantastic last ditch defending / blocks on the line kept the ball out of the Biscovey net.

Ben Lawrence opened the scoring with a solo effort before Man of the Match matt Kelly on his full first team debut scored our goal of the seaon running 2/3rds the length of the pitch before dispatching a 20 yard missile to the top corner. Biscovey had a lifeline when they were awarded a penalty. A double substitution saw captain and centre half Tom Longworth come onto the pitch after arriving 25 minutes into the game haven mistakenly driven to BOSCASTLE instead of BISCOVEY. Longworth was thrown up front with debutant Tom Allan and it was skipper Tom who made the points safe bundling the ball home late on. Tom Allan had two fine chance to extend the lead further but found the side netting both times.

Good win against very impressive opponents. St Dennis next week at home in another big game at the top of the table. Former captain Chris Schofield, top scorer Dan Parsonage and Russian centre half Oleg Sorokin who were all absent will all find it very hard to get back into the first team set up after this performance.

Prentice - Titterington, Urlander, Caple (James 70 min), Black - Newton, Kelly, Ben Ringrose, Lawrence - Code (Longworth 60 min), Taylor (Allan 60 min)

Grampound phoned their hosts, St Anns Chapel, at about 12.30 to confirm that the journey would be necessary and were told that the pitch had thawed and the game would be on. We therefore made the 1h 15 min journey only to find the pitch still mostly frozen and for the referee, rightly, to not start the game. What a waste of petrol, money and everyone's time. Even if the pitch had not been frozen, the 9 inch deep rabbit holes on one side of the pitch made the pitch dangerous and probably made the ref's mind up. Watched Week St Mary win in extra time at Lostwithiel on the way home - although we would have rather played ourselves.

St Dennis 8 Launceston 1

Chris Brown 3, Lee Rickard 2, CJ Bird 2 and Muzzy Rickard 1.

Loads of respect gotta go to Launceston, they never stopped trying to play football their heads never dropped, they need a couple of players but there spirit is great. Saints could of had more and if Lee Rickard hadnt missed form 5 yards and Richard Hawke from 2 yards (both open goals) they would have!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Torpoint 4 St.Mawgan 2(Bates2,carter,Doherty)

St.Mawgan kept us on the ropes with a really good performance and had us worried and on edge for the majority of the game. It was a good battle but a poor game on our behalf and glad we were to strong in the end,and got the 3 points on offer.

Grampound phoned their hosts, St Anns Chapel, at about 12.30 to confirm that the journey would be necessary and were told that the pitch had thawed and the game would be on. We therefore made the 1h 15 min journey only to find the pitch still mostly frozen and for the referee, rightly, to not start the game. What a waste of petrol, money and everyone's time. Even if the pitch had not been frozen, the 9 inch deep rabbit holes on one side of the pitch made the pitch dangerous and probably made the ref's mind up. Watched Week St Mary win in extra time at Lostwithiel on the way home - although we would have rather played ourselves.

As for this this is total rubbish!!!

Yes you may have phoned, but the referee was asked to the pitch early to make a final decision where he said the game would be fine to play unless the opposition team were not happy to play.

You turned up, (didnt check the pitch) got changed then decided you were not sure if you wanted to play so questioned the ref. The ref then rang another FA official and said if you cannot get a pen to stick in the ground in all the hard areas the game cannot be played. It was found only one goal mouth would not take the pen.

As for the rabbit holes fair call but easily filled, but before you slate our pitch take a look at your own 'tractor field' uh uh i mean football pitch.

As for wasted time yes you had a journey but YOU caused the game not be played on a playable surface. I went to watch Calstock with my spare time who's pitch was the same if not worse which ended up being a fairly decent game.

Mabe our pre match warm up put your lads off??!?

As for this this is total rubbish!!!

Yes you may have phoned, but the referee was asked to the pitch early to make a final decision where he said the game would be fine to play unless the opposition team were not happy to play.

You turned up, (didnt check the pitch) got changed then decided you were not sure if you wanted to play so questioned the ref. The ref then rang another FA official and said if you cannot get a pen to stick in the ground in all the hard areas the game cannot be played. It was found only one goal mouth would not take the pen.

As for the rabbit holes fair call but easily filled, but before you slate our pitch take a look at your own 'tractor field' uh uh i mean football pitch.

As for wasted time yes you had a journey but YOU caused the game not be played on a playable surface. I went to watch Calstock with my spare time who's pitch was the same if not worse which ended up being a fairly decent game.

Mabe our pre match warm up put your lads off??!?

As a Grampound player I was there on Saturday - there is no way your pitch was playable as it was rock hard. It was also the referee who decided that the pitch was dangerous to play on it - the players do not have that power. If the pitch was playable I'm sure the referee would have played it.

If Calstock's pitch was harder than yours then they must have played on iron as your pitch would not take a stud. It may have been a good game, but at the end of the day the referee is in charge of player safety - and if he feels that the pitch in any way is dangerous then it's his job to call the game off.

Yeah our pitch might not be wembley - but don't think that AJW's intention was to slate your pitch at all - he was purely saying the facts.

Anyway we'll look forward to playing you later on in the season in I'm sure what will be two excellent games - as a player I was disappointed not to play on Saturday as I'm sure were your lads, as you were keen to get the game on - but at the end of the day that's life., we move on.