Cornwall Football Forum

Bere Alston New Signing

Guest ECPL Supporter

I think it's about time people got off Ben's back and leave him alone to follow whichever football path he chooses.

His misdemeaners off the football pitch have nothing to do with anyone on here or anything to do with what this forum is designed for and that is comment about football.

Since making his acquaintance some six weeks ago, when he scored two goals against us for torpoint and then subsequently signed for us a Bere Alston, I have found him to be an amiable young lad and whilst he was indeed a livewire, we had no problem with him on or off the pitch during his short spell with us.

Ben came to Bere Alston having been released by Torpoint as we have another ex-Torpoint lad in our 1st team squad and he made an immediate impact, scoring a hat trick on his debut against Liskeard.

The fact that Dobwalls have quickly come in for his signature is entirely down to his ability on the pitch and like any young player he has the desire to test himself at the highest level possible and good luck to him.

Some people may say that he has used our club as a stepping stone, but such is the nature of local football that many players have done exactly the same as Ben and will continue to do so, especially as the likes of Dobwalls and Bere Alston play in different leagues and are also governed by different FA's.

Like I say, it is now time to draw a veil over this subject and just let Ben get on with playing his football.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest slimjim

Ricky Cardew is a man with principals he has given Ben Waters loads of chances to behave himself, but he is never far away from trouble, and as a result of this he has let the management and supporters of the club down too many times therefore I would be shocked if he ever found himself back at Torpoint.

Ben is a good player but no one is bigger than the club. :SM_carton: