Cornwall Football Forum

BBC RADIO CORNWALL/FA RESPECT PROGRAMME

NOT JUST TO BLOW OUR OWN TRUMPETS BUT THERE IS A FAIRLY INTERESTING INTERVIEW ON THE BREAKFAST SHOW TOMORROW (WED 13TH DECEMBER).

RAY BROWN (REFEREE DEVELOPMENT OFFICER FOR CCFA) AND MYSELF WERE INTERVIEWED BY JAMIE REED THIS LUNCHTIME WITH REGARDS TO REFEREEING IN THE CORNISH LEAGUES AND THE INFUSION OF THE RESPECT PROGRAMME INTO LOCAL FOOTBALL.

I'VE ASKED JAMIE IF HE WOULD BE SO KIND AS TO ARRANGE FOR IT TO BE REPEATED ON SATURDAY WHEN WE ARE ALL DRIVING HOME AND AWAITING THE RESULTS BUT HE COULDN'T PROMISE IT.

WITH ANY LUCK, I MIGHT ARRANGE FOR A DIRECT LINK TO THE INTERVIEW IF BBC RADIO CORNWALL CAN ARRANGE IT.

BEFORE YOU ASK, WE DIDN'T SLAG ANYBODY OFF BUT GAVE A VERY POSITIVE OUTLOOK ON THE BEHAVIOUR OF CORNISH FOOTBALL CLUBS.

Guest Postie Pidge

It's a shame they couldn't interview some of the Sunday League referees on their very own Referee's Initiative Scheme that has taken off worldwide - over to you Bill!

It's a shame they couldn't interview some of the Sunday League referees on their very own Referee's Initiative Scheme that has taken off worldwide - over to you Bill!

I've already ranted at length on the forum - and to Ray Brown and Geoff Lee at the meeting arranged for Leagues on the "Respect" programme.

My view is that it's a total waste of time and money unless there are clear sanctions and rewards! The Respect booklet admits it has no defined sanctions and rewards aren't even mentioned.

West Cornwall Sunday Football League's initiative has both and, largely, works.