Cornwall Football Forum

4rsen4l

Taunton ? Oh yes, I know it, quirky little service station between Bristol and Exeter where Judge Jeffreys execuited most of the populace. Every county should have one: it's a sort of Somerset equivalent of Camborne. I turned down a couple of scholarships there back in the day and went to Humphry Davy Grammar School instead: a cheaper and better education, unless you play gentlemanly cricket or want to become a gentleman llama farmer or slosh around Athelney in welly boots drinking Whiteways or Bulmers for breakfast. I'm actually delighted to hear you Somerset folk are still around: I thought you'd been merged into Avon years ago. People come to my doors selling your lipstick but my wife says it's embarrassingly cheap, so I don't wear it, except on match days.

I hope you have a lovely Xmas: Santa's bound to come down the chimney because in Taunton you won't yet have got round to central heating, and I hope your X-box is splendid. Games about little men jumping off high buildings and firing or being fired : it's just like an average day in the life of a Truro entrepreneur or a Tottenham manager !

I see from Sky Sports that Truro have a new loan defender from Argyle for a month...when's Kevin getting his seat on the Board ?

The big game tomorrow sees the mighty Tinners standing up to the big money at Perranporth ! :yahoo:

Oh Isaac Rosenberg (notice how the names begin with capital letters and take note).. You're clearly such an educated, elequent and well travelled man who could no doubt belittle and embarrass any user on this or any other forum throughout the world. So why does it seem that with all this education and life experience that EVERY post you make is to put down or diminish anybody or anything that is not within your circle of life?. :mellow:

Anything that is not to do with you or something which you represent is pretty much always greeted with a lengthy history lesson (Educated and dragged out put down).. I could never even consider myself to be on a level intellectual playing field with you sir BUT from the outside looking in, it appears that you may well be overcompensating for a lack of something within your life? :unsure: .

Obviously I do not know you personally BUT have spoken to you on a few occasions when Gulval used to come to St Just for our annual pre-season friendly. You seemed a decent man with a heart of gold when it concerned your mother or St Just football club. Would it really hurt you to open that heart further and allow other people to express themselves and their opinions, without feeling the need to dismiss what they have to say via the tedium of an A Level history lesson?. :rolleyes:

We ALL get it, you're clever than us, better educated than us and more worldly wise, whilst us lesser mortals are as thick Ron Jeremy's party piece. We are quite capable of making ourselves look stupid and somewhat dense in the cranial area, so your help is not only unneeded, it is totally unnecessary. :angry2:

So we've been able to deduce from your posts on this particular thread that people from Bridgewater and Taunton (or anywhere that isn't St Just or somewhere you have property) are not adequate enough to voice their opinion on a subject, team or place that is not important or relative to you. Tell me, would their opinions be more welcome if they had 6 fingers, played the banjo and worked in the slaughter house just down from Cape Cornwall School?.

You see Mr Beer, we also have opinions on certain things but in the interest of harmony, we keep those opinions to ourselves.

Good luck to you sir and I sincerely hope you've took this post in the way that I've intended you to take it and have in no way found it offensive?. All the best young man.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you ,Coopsie.

I did have a little bit of trouble trying to understand our friends angle,and what he was trying to achieve.

Being educated does'nt mean they are better people than you or me,or anyone else.

I know a good man when I see one ,educated or not.

It all goes over my head.

In a way,it shows how ignorant he is when trying to discribe Taunton,as a service station.

Of course, you're absolutely right. I am quite happy to give any of the multiple personalities that both compose and discompose me a good telling off if you think I should. I respect that we all have different ways of surviving the slaughter houses and I'm sorry if my banter about Somerset and Tottenham, which I thought none of you would take seriously, has truly offended any of you. Six-fingered banjo-plucking could be better than five, but perhaps I was being tone-deaf on this occasion. Nice to see Jojo this evening on returning from Perranporth;and the renascence of Gulval. Take care, all the best :o:o:blink: !

Guest Helston Patriot

November was an terrible month for the Gunners;

BEATING MAN UTD

THROUGH TO KNOCK-OUT STAGE OF CHAMPIONS LEAUGE

BEATING CHELSEA

Everyone (Even the Spurs fans) would like to do that in a season let alone a month

Gadzooks, foiled again by Mr Dean and his hopeless linesman ! Even so, congratulations to the Arse for turning the game on its head and keeping the Premiership race interesting. Van Petulant's finishing was excellent and if we can only get one shot on target in 90 minutes we don't deserve to win. The Famous CFC will still take the title, however.

The boy Pienaar also done good....faint consolation for Blues of all hues !

By the way, Coopsie, for whom does Ron Jeremy play ? It's not a name I've come across in the Combo.

Now when Spurs had 2pts from 8 games.All you gobby Gooners were on here every minute of the day

giving it large.

Us Yids did'nt hide we were on here giving it back,defending our boys.

Apart from Mangle telling me I speak out of my a--,concerning Germany-England game,not a whisper

from any of you.

Your shower of a Football Club are falling apart.More defeats this season than all of last season.Captain

stripped of the leadership badge and sent home in disgrace.Falling out amongst yourselves.

Todays defeat was discribed as SHAMBOLIC and HUMILIATING.

2 weeks ago another North London club went to Eastlands and won easily.

Questions to be asked.If this was happening at one of the other top clubs,how long would they keep

their manager.

Where were those famous youngsters.?

Finally,as I PREDICTED at the start of the season,be prepared you Gooners for a c--p season.

Come on here and spout on about Champions League waffle if you like.Make the best of it.

You can try and cover the cracks,but everyone else know's your in for a rough ride.

Never mind.Chelsea away next week.

Hope you have a good appetite - time to eat some of these words!

A week is a long time in football (or was it politics - Harold Wilson)

:lol::lol: :lol:

Sorry,I could'nt answer your joyous comments sooner,but we got caught on the worlds biggest car park,

last night,known as the M25,bloody nightmare.

I am a Spurs fan that don't hide,and can take all your crap,[see you gooners have a new friend to slag

Spurs off with,isaac.]

Will not give you lot grief for beating Chelski,thats a good result,but as many gooners were saying on 606.

No good beating Mancs and Chelski,but drop SILLY points to us,Hull,Stoke,Fulham and Villa home.

Fair point.That's why you won't win the league.

Champions league K.O,Stage,well done if you call that success,[Wait for it ,I hear a ,least we're in it,coming]

Enjoy your so called success.If you are going to ask why I have'nt mentioned Spurs.We are in a relegation

battle.

This thread is titled 4RSEN4L.Ask the question on the proper thread.

The boy Pienaar also done good....faint consolation for Blues of all hues !

By the way, Coopsie, for whom does Ron Jeremy play ? It's not a name I've come across in the Combo.

The boy Pienaar did indeed do well and his heavily deflected shot will undoubtably live in his memory for the rest of his life :rolleyes: ..

As for Ron Jeremy, surely you must have him in that video collection stashed at the back of your wardrobe Mr Beer ;) ?.

How bad was John Terry in the game by the way? got caught under the ball on numerous occasions, one crunching tackle that could have seen him get the red card. Don't like it up em!

How bad is John Terry most of the time?. Surely one of the most overrated players around and without a class act like Carvalho or Ferdinand next to him, his shortcomings are exposed EVERY time.

Sorry,I could'nt answer your joyous comments sooner,but we got caught on the worlds biggest car park,

last night,known as the M25,bloody nightmare.

The roads were indeed crap last night weren't they mate. I had the pleasure of enduring them myself on the way back from Norwich and I must say that the weather also mirrored the shitty state of the traffic. Not the best day for us Spurs supporters but we take defeat with honour and NO EXCUSES, unlike our North London invading neighbours. I must however congratulate them on a very good result yesterday and they must be equally pleased that they once again managed a superb result without the assistance of any dodgy officiating or decisions :unsure: ..

I'm telling you now that there is a conspiracy within either the FA or Premier League that is to ensure that nobody breaks up the glorious contingent that is the "Top 4".. It seems that to have a top 4 without the most successful English team in history (Liverpool), the biggest club in the world (Man Utd), The prettiest football playing team on the planet (Arsenal) and the money bags club (Chelsea) is unthinkable and any opportunity to ensure that these top 4 clubs are not dislodged will be taken. Even the most ardent of their followers MUST admit that they win decisions, appeals etc that NO CLUB OUTSIDE THE TOP 4 would ever win.

I'm telling you now that there is a conspiracy within either the FA or Premier League that is to ensure that nobody breaks up the glorious contingent that is the "Top 4".. It seems that to have a top 4 without the most successful English team in history (Liverpool), the biggest club in the world (Man Utd), The prettiest football playing team on the planet (Arsenal) and the money bags club (Chelsea) is unthinkable and any opportunity to ensure that these top 4 clubs are not dislodged will be taken. Even the most ardent of their followers MUST admit that they win decisions, appeals etc that NO CLUB OUTSIDE THE TOP 4 would ever win.

I can't take that seriously!

we love the yids :D

yid army yid army !!

to be honest are arsenal even worth talking about ?? i

Welcome fella, glad you're here because people have been saying for quite a while that they wish there were more Spurs supporters voicing their opinions on here :D .. I'm sure that you will be greatly received by "the others" :c:

Guest some call him David Bentley

we love you tottenham we do we love you tottenham we do we love y tottenha we do O TOTTENHAM WE LOVE YOU

we hate you ARSEnal we do we hate you ARSEnal we do we hate ARSEnal we do o ARSEHOLE we hate you

Tottenham will probably finish about eighth. In the words of Tacitus, "they found a desolation and call it peace."

Yes, John Terry,great player though he is, is human, and therefore tired. Too many games, England included. The man we have really missed this year is Essien and I'm still not convinced that Mikel can fill the boots of the magnificent Makalele....he was at fault for the defeat in Rome. Over a long and troublesome season, we will limp to the Premiership title, possibly winning it with fewer points than any club has managed for several years.

Arsenal...well, now even the hope iof a cup run has vanished, having drawn the mighty good-on-their-travels Argyle !

Well done tonight, West Ham. Without Torres, Liverpool lack bite. Gerrard can't do everything....and if he fails to win anything again this year, he will be replacing Ballack in a blue shiort next season.

Coopsie, if Ron isn't a footballer, which videos/films was he in ? I'm still digesting the full erudition of your post and deconstructing the allusions and this is the only one I'm missing...pardon my ignorance. Who is he ?

Somersetspur, thank you for your correct observation on the JCCL website. Whatever the views we hold of Truro City, at least there was a full expose of their financial situation. What worries me about Penzance is that it sounds as though they could sink suddenly and dramatically. They should clarify the position. If our biggest local club in Penwith is going bust following half a season of big payments to players, supporters should be told soon enough to help to prevent it happening !

A change of heart isaac,last week Chelski was going to walk the Premiership by 7 or more points,now I

see you are going to limp to the title because JT is tired and you got injuries.

What feeble excuses,for a poor performance,surprised you never mentioned the offside goal as well.

Your record against the top 4 is poor,the only reason your still in with a shout is because everyone else is

dropping points as well.

As for Penzance,why do you need to know the financial details of the Club.?

Unless you plan to invest ,if the club are in trouble,I dont see the reasons why you need to know,after all

its rumours.

So out go Wenger's "Kids From Fame". At least it took a chucked coin and a shootout to bring Burnley through at the Bridge: tonight they had a walk in the park !

Seriously, I felt Arse heads went down in the last half an hour because of the hopelessness of the dopey Danish pastry Bendtner in missing five one-on-ones. No wonder Adebayor decked him !

Given his reputation for financial prudence and the imminent return of Eduardo, there's one player Wenger ought to loan out to a Championship side in ther new year. Birmingham wouldn't want him any more: they have better alternatives. Would he show enough guts for Crystal Palace or Swansea or maybe even Argyle ?

Maybe Aalborg would take Bendtner now they're out of Europe ?

One consolation......Bendtner could even make the Spurs keeper look good !!! :thumbsup: :D

Arsenal played s**t tonight, the tv in the pub i was in got turned over to xmas songs after the first goal (that might of had something to do with the rather loud 'Your f**king kidding me' that came out of my mouth just before my first darts match). I couldn't believe that we can beat teams like chelsea one day then lose like this 2 days later. Its very fustrating being a gooner (and being p***ed don't help) Lucky my phone broke on sunday else i would of had loads of texts from people i know laughing about how c**p we were tonight. With the players we have theres no excuse for us losing to any team at all. I can't wait to get my e-mail from the arsenal website full of excuses for tonights game :angry2: Think its about time arsenal got a kick up the arse :D :smiley20:

One consolation......Bendtner could even make the Spurs keeper look good !!! :thumbsup::D

You'd do well to remember how your shower of blue sh*t did against him wouldn't you??.

Never mind Gooners, I'm sure your "world beating kids" will come good next year, or the year after, or the year after that, or the year after that, or the year after that, or thE year after that, or the year after that, or the year after that, or the year after that, or the year after that, or the year after that, or the year after that, or the year after that, or the year after that, or the year after that????........ :P:D:clapper::thumbsup::yahoo:

COYS

FOYG

Anita,think those comments are a little harsh,because I am very surprised the rest of the Gooner clan,

have'nt been on here saying,it was only the Micky Mouse Cup,we were only fielding our reserves.

It does make me giggle,because last night those reserves,were way out their depth,but when you beat

Sheffield Utd by six and Wigan by three,these kids were so far ahead of there time,Wenger is a geneius,etc.

Bottom line was,as you said Anita,they were rubbish,and on that showing a lot of those players will move

on and slide down the football ladder.

Your season is shaping up very much like last season,but things seem to be happening quicker.

Out the Carling Cup,earlier.Further behind in the Premiership.Champions League qualification,but no chance

of winning it,and a F.A Cup draw against the mighty Argyle.

Could be similar to last season,success is being trophyless.

Spurs could be unsuccessful again.Win tonight,nice semi-final draw,Wembley again,maybe.? :thumbsup:

Arsenal played s**t tonight, the tv in the pub i was in got turned over to xmas songs after the first goal (that might of had something to do with the rather loud 'Your f**king kidding me' that came out of my mouth just before my first darts match). I couldn't believe that we can beat teams like chelsea one day then lose like this 2 days later. Its very fustrating being a gooner (and being p***ed don't help) Lucky my phone broke on sunday else i would of had loads of texts from people i know laughing about how c**p we were tonight. With the players we have theres no excuse for us losing to any team at all. I can't wait to get my e-mail from the arsenal website full of excuses for tonights game :angry2: Think its about time arsenal got a kick up the arse :D:smiley20:

Anita, you're sensational and I want to bottle you up and keep you tucked away for special occasions :c: . A Gooner with a realistic take on things and NO EXCUSES about the fact that you were simply crap and lost to a better team. You my girl are unique. ;) :c:

Coopsie, the shower of blue s*** may have lost a battle or two : and on the day Arsenal deserved their victory just as Spurs deserved their League Cup Final win last year. But in the long run, in the competition that most matters, the Premiership, we will win the war.

I don't think you will hold on to the trophy because Ferguson is perobably aware that this will be the only silverware he gets, so from now on he will play the first team !

You came through on Wednsday because of a goalkeeper's error, but I've seen much faster defender turning in the Mining Division than Woodgate and Jenas when Watford scored. Hell, Gulval would have ben unhappy to concede that one, even with Mangel in goal.

Granted, Mangel's more reliable than Ho Ho Heurelho ! :D

Can remember similar comments last year about United not winning anything. What happened next? One Premiership trophy and the season finale Champions league final ended with Didier Divemore trudging off for an early bath and the grand leader tough guy hard man inspirational captain that is John Terry crying like an eight month old child with the first signs of teeth coming through. And what a beautiful sight it was!

Think that was PROBABLY on a WEDNESDAY night!!

United ! WAAAAHHH !

Here come the used-to-be-warriors ! John Terry childish ? I've still got that lovely image on my phone of "Her name is Rio cos she dances on the sand" putting through her own net at Fratton Park and trying to blame the daft Dutch Cap in goal. If only he'd put Rubberlips Ronaldo over his own head that would have provided barrier contraception !

Mangel, I know you were one of the greats. Try to control that whippersnapper Coopsie ! The way he's writing on here could bring your club into disrepute ! You don't want people thinking all we do in the far west is fall out with each other! We're all the best of friends really !

A very Merry Xmas to you, the General, Jojo and everybody else at Gulval AFC.

Tangerine and Purple for ever !!!

YOU ARE NOT A PENZANCE CLUB !

Cheers, Gillo. You obviously haven't met Anita if you think they don't come worse than me. Stroke of luck for Vidic yesterday, just as Chelsea had three strokes of bad woodwork luck in Moscow. To say nothing of the statistics on penalties awarded at Old Trafford. But one day, football being as it is and God being in his heaven, the wheel of fotune will spin the other way and the Red Devils will get their spell in the fiery pit from which they originate.

I think you are going to win something this year, however. Can't have the old purple clown choking on his chewing gum. The League Cup. Well done.

I think you are going to win something this year, however. Can't have the old purple clown choking on his chewing gum. The League Cup. Well done.

Don't you mean The Tottenham Cup! :D

We'll despatch the Red Devils in the final accordingly, just like the Blues from King's Road last year!

Yes isaac I have met Anita and yes she has made mistakes as has every lino, ref, player and manager ever been involved in football. As Im sure you have. I have,however, never shared a field with such a blatant CHEAT as yourself. You have never even been sorry or subtle about it, quite the opposite in fact, smug ****. But then I guess when your handing over all those pennies for some average players I guess you feel the need to help them as much as possible. You are so predictable,I can see it now. 20 mins gone, the Tinners go 1 nil up and wow shock horror every time the opposition venture forward looking for the equaliser a little man, with a strangely large head, is holding his flag up.

What have penalties at Old Trafford got to do with anything? Just accept the fact you got beat by ther better team, squad, manager and club. In the league and Champions league final!

Oh and it's foRtune not fotune, PROBABLY not perobably and WednEsday not Wednsday! And your supposed to be educating the youth of today, no wonder we live in broken Britain! :wacko:

I've already congratulated Tottenham. Three victories over Chelsea in 20 years, two of them in the Littlewoods Milk Barclays Cup. Well done, you Spurs. In about 1967, I think Neighbour scored as you beat the Blues in the F.A.Cup as well. Splendid. I was eight years old at the time. I don't think you've ever been quite so good since the loss of Danny Blanchflower.

Gillo, you're obviously on the bitter pills. The Tinners score in the first 20 minutes ! You must have been a Ludgvan player in your day ! A little man (6' , 15 stone) on the line ? My replacement is 6'4". Can't be either of us. My head is quite large, admittedly. It carries a lot inside it, like your posterior. I expect you only started supporting the Red Devils when they started winning things and were nowhere to be seen when Denis Law of Manchester City relegated them with a back-heel. You're also unable to distinguish typographical carelessness from orthographic misunderstanding...look at the time, I was missing Everton v Villa.

The moral high ground is a fine place for the stable. When your footing is so clearly insecure, it's a bad place to stand as a sudden fall could break your neck.

Enjoy watching your petty little Northern team, F.C.United of Manchester.

Never played for Ludgvan, too far west for me. Bloody hell don't tell me you have had to cheat against them as well? :wacko:

Not bitter in the slightest isaac. Just have this weird feeling of disliking cheats. Working all week looking forward to a nice game against a decent bunch of guys who Im sure are hoping for the same and it gets ruined by some old fella who maybe 6 foot in height but is so much smaller in stature. Perhaps you are making up for other inadequcies in life and seeing your band of merry men succeed helps make up for these. You are clearly an intelligent man but how the hell have you not got the hint yet, no-one at St Just likes you, no-one in Combination league football likes you and no-one on this forum like you. Why not just disappear into your sad, lonely, Roberts hating, bitter and twisted, boring older years turning your computer off on the way and leave the good folk of St Just to run their good little club without being hard done by because you are involved, or so you would have the world believe.

I began supporting Man United during the '86 FA Cup final, which I believe Liverpool won 3-2 against Everton. I was kicking around a little ball in the back garden, jumpers for goal posts included, and I asked my Dad who he supported. His response was Manchester United, and a fan was born. You are correct I was not around when Law sent United down, '73 I believe, feel free to correct me, 5 years too early for me.

According to Villon (Le Testament), a man of thirty should have drunk up all his shame: I am sorry to learn that your maturity, despite your years, has not yet advanced so far. Even your partiality for Manchester United in football is a learned response from a parent. This is not unusual: most clones turm to supporting United as a kind of default setting, just as in the eighties, clones supported Liverpool in the desperate hope of reflected success.Your critique of me turns on the assumption that popularity should be the spur for involvement in football: another reflection of your dependence on the approval of others. Do you have an original idea to throw at me beyond those you have plagiarised from Coopsie ?

I detect some ageism, soon to become illegal, as well. This is all very small beer. Got anything better ? :clapper:

• 2 weeks later...

Would have liked a win today but I thought we fought well against the Scousers. Just proves that people who write us off as softies don't know what they are talking about. Disgraceful decision to send off Adebayor. Two poorly given yellow cards. Ref should own up to his mistakes on this one. Bad news about Fabregas. Could be out for ages - medial ligament damage.