Cornwall Football Forum

Titans apoint Dave Marks as new manager-WOW

Hope I am not speaking out of turn but I spoke to Dave this week about his future with Holmans, without getting into the polictics of his decision I believe he felt that he had taken the FH1 side as far as his resoucres allowed him.

Having spent several years managing the combo side, I can always appreciate it's difficult for any second team manager to keep hold of the same 11 week in and week out.

Dave can leave the club with no regrets, as far as I can see he has been the most successful manager within the club over the last 18 - 24 months, with very limited resources.

Titans, you have gained a good manager with plenty of fighting spirit to nudge yourselves up the league.

Good Luck for the rest of the season

Dave has left Holmans in a very good position in the FHFL1 and we wish him all the best. Unfortunatly Holmans lost a large number of players during the summer from the first team which was dissapointing considering they finished in their highest position ever in the Combo (4th). Due to the exodus of first team players the seconds have had to provide more players then was planned at the start of the season to fill the gaps left. Obviously this has been frustrating for David as anyone that knows him realises how passionate he is about his football and he felt enough was enough and reluctantly he wished to move elsewhere.

Holmans are seeking a new manager to take over the FHFL1 side and if anybody is interested please dont hesitate to PM me.

Reno - Slightly irked by your "limited resources" comment, not all clubs are as "flush" as Troon!!!!!

Sorry Neil, the wording of (limitied resources )was in the context of players leaving the 1st team which has been fairly widely documented. Obviously Dave has faced the brunt of this as he was the 2nd team manager, unfortunately this is life as I am sure Dave will appreciate.

You dont have to agree, but you cannot blame him becoming extremely frustrated seeing nearly all his squad moving up to play for the combination side. Any manager would.

But like all of us we need to move on and I'm sure he will be an asset to Titans this year.

Dave had nothing but praise for you mate for all the hard work you have done for the club this year.

God I sound like I'm his spokesman lol.

Dave Marks it the new titans manager taking over from bob harding who was looking after the side, is this the man to turn the titans bad start to the season around i really hope so, Cant wait for saturday away to TMS should be a cracking game. :drink::P:drink::thumbsup::yahoo:

dont look 4ward to it to much are pitch looks more like a lake/cow field at the moment mate

Dave Marks it the new titans manager taking over from bob harding who was looking after the side, is this the man to turn the titans bad start to the season around i really hope so, Cant wait for saturday away to TMS should be a cracking game. :drink::P:drink::thumbsup::yahoo:

dont look 4ward to it to much are pitch looks more like a lake/cow field at the moment mate

Ok i ll look forward to chilli after then that was lush last year!