Cornwall Football Forum

Are Perranwell 2nds the team to beat?

Guest Tex

They may not be "the team to beat" but being that this it their first season in Fal/Hel 1 they are doing a good job. From what i can see they are one of, if not the best footballing side in the league. They are also a young side so will only improve over the coming seasons, i fancy them to get a top four finish.

Our aim this season was to stay up, so to be where we at this stage of the season is great, having lost a few players during the close season, we brought in a few youngsters and it has paid off. We are just taking each game as it comes, we have played some real decent stuff in some games and played crap in others but we are in our 1st season in FHL1 and we are only going to get better, i hope!!

The young lad Gillo10 is on about is Gavin Boon, he played a bit in the 1st team last seaon and pre this season but with the squad they have he was not really in picture so came down to play for the 2nds again. We are still waiting on our Striker who bagged 40+ goals last season to return from injury. I don't think we are the team to beat, i think there are a fair few other teams, other than us.

i would say mawnan are the team to beat seein that they havent lost in the league yet, they are a good balenced side. pendeen are also a decent side. we are just takin every game as it comes at perran and yes gavin boon is a class player could be playin for a top combo side

This topic should read 'Perranwell 2nds are the team you should beat' with limited experience in FHL 1, and 5 of the squad never playing mens football until this season. The same could be said of Truro.

The purpose of a 2nd team is to provide support and cover for the first team when needed. It is my opinion that having a predominantly old and experienced 2nd team has no real long term benefits to a first team.

As most clubs know, its difficult to manage a good consistent 2nd team.