Cornwall Football Forum

can you help whats happened ?

Guest bhcm

can any one explain where the great newquay and penzance ladies sides have gone ? . they used to get so much coverage in the papers but i have not heard any thing for ages thanks, and i thought truro city had informed the county that they would play their reserves in the county cup competitions due to their first teams being of such i high standard now and playing them would simply de value the competition , i saw truro ladies played their first team on sunday in the county cup so are they just going to win every game by double figuers ? well done for the spirit of the game !!!!!!!!!!! they have a very good second squad that would grace the competition so why have they gone against the clubs view, thanks look forward to the replys

Penzance 1st team folded but they still have what was their reserve side having retained several first team members playing and winning in Div 2 of the Cornwall Ladies League.

Newquay 1st team are presently Truro Ladies 1st team and are competing in the FA Tesco Women's Premier - Southern Div where they are bottom. They are next due to play Keynsham at home on the 30th of November.

Newquay 2nd team is presently Truro Ladies reserves who are top competing in the Women's Regional South West - Division 1 South.

Not sure which Truro side played in the County Cup beating Marazion 0-11 Truro City.

Guest Peppermint

Truro Ladies Reserves have led a very nomadic exsistence this season playing their home matches on a variety of grounds including Mount Wise. I presume the First Team still play at Treyew Road for their home games.

We - Marazion LFC - played Truro and were hammered by a mixture of 1st/2nd team players. However, we actually thoroughly enjoyed the game, which was sporting and good viewing I hope for all who watched. Good to try and match up ,once again, against Ronnie + Pete from Newquay (Truro!)....