Cornwall Football Forum

mullion reserves for title??

Guest shaggy torres

What a **** ass post this is. As stated in some of these posts, mullion have a really big first team so we are dropping players down to make sure we win the promotion. Well shit me...... **** me i would laugh if you don't win it even though your putting your first team out. Christ man if you don't trust your team then don't have the team, how do you think your players that are seconds and ain't good enogh for your first feel every week when you brush them aside to make sure you get promoted. If you ask me and this is my opinion not anyone elses, your a bunch of pricks that have no trust in your own boys. It's what the lower leagues are all about so that everyone, even the not so good get to have a game of football. Teams like this spoil it for those guys.... Assholes.

Gaff.. not sure what kind of football world you live in but a 'reserve' team is one that is beneficial for the senior's. You dont fill ur reserves with senior players but if a player has been out a while with injury or hasnt started in a while it makes sense to give him some games for the reserves and only helps them get out of a low divison and helps the team improve playing with better players! obviously you don't get the concept so i'll explain. . Mullion has a 1s team in combination football were it is hard to attract players as we are soo far out in the sitcks so we have to rely on young talent from around the area, with the 2nd team some 3divisions below its hard to call them up and expect them to play anywere near that sandard, so its now imparetive that we get them up the leagues as fast as we can if we are to develop and improve as a club!! all teams would do the same thing if they could!

Guest blue203

Gaff I get the impression you must of had a drink or two by what you have written at that time of night. Please refrain from that sort of langage on this site as youngsters do read this threads.

Firstly sorry for all the ******* used in the previous post.

Secondly would like to ask how many seniors are used in your Junior squad, as don't know about the FH league set up but in the Mining leagues you would only be able to use a maximum of 3.

What is written in the post about bringing injured players back so on so forth, couldn't agree with you more....But in other posts I've read on here that isn't whats happening, it's the seniors being thrown into the squad to make sure of the win. As said before, whats the point of having the other boys there if you are going to push the Juniors out and play your seniors. surely it makes sence for the boys to do it for themselves and acctually have some pride in thier promotion. Look at it anyway you want but if your going to put a squad in why can't you have faith in that squad to do the job for you? If you want to push them up the league as quickly as possible whats the point if the Juniors ain't good enoug to do it by themselves, can't be any other reason than that first teamers would be there week in week out.

And seriously "we are so far out in the sticks"........ other side of Helston.

Guest shaggy torres

Secondly would like to ask how many seniors are used in your Junior squad, as don't know about the FH league set up but in the Mining leagues you would only be able to use a maximum of 3.

What is written in the post about bringing injured players back so on so forth, couldn't agree with you more....But in other posts I've read on here that isn't whats happening, it's the seniors being thrown into the squad to make sure of the win. As said before, whats the point of having the other boys there if you are going to push the Juniors out and play your seniors. surely it makes sence for the boys to do it for themselves and acctually have some pride in thier promotion. Look at it anyway you want but if your going to put a squad in why can't you have faith in that squad to do the job for you? If you want to push them up the league as quickly as possible whats the point if the Juniors ain't good enoug to do it by themselves, can't be any other reason than that first teamers would be there week in week out.

mullion seconds play there jrs. all the time and it is the first mullion team that are wanting the second team players. there is only 4 senious in the second team and 2 of those 4 u wanted rele call seniour. the lads at mullion have doone extremly well to earn there place in that team and they havent lost it. they play the fair game and let seconds be seconds and firsts be firsts unless under extreme circumstances. no offence gaff but i agree with blue 203 u dont rele know wat ur talking about. teams would be stupid to illiagly play players from there first team we have seen it happen before and we do not want to see it again.

mullion seconds play there jrs. all the time and it is the first mullion team that are wanting the second team players. there is only 4 senious in the second team and 2 of those 4 u wanted rele call seniour. the lads at mullion have doone extremly well to earn there place in that team and they havent lost it. they play the fair game and let seconds be seconds and firsts be firsts unless under extreme circumstances. no offence gaff but i agree with blue 203 u dont rele know wat ur talking about. teams would be stupid to illiagly play players from there first team we have seen it happen before and we do not want to see it again.

there is only 4 senious in the second team and 2 of those 4 u wanted rele call seniour. Can we do this bit in english please

what do you class as extreme circumstances???

Guest shaggy torres

by extreme circumstancesa i mean that they have less than 10 players

mullion seconds avarge age is 21 so i class them as 4 seniours but 2 of theose 4 are in their 30's i dont know if u would class them as seniours.

Dont Know wat ur gettin at there shaggy!!!!

Not sure wat u mean by 4 seniours!! lol

who are these 'SENIORS' - correct spelling by the way lol

Just looking at the league table, and how tight it is,

Wat will be the magic total to gain promotion or win the league

I rekn high 50s/low 60s to gain promotion and high 60s to win the league

any ideas???

Guest shaggy torres

i think i have got the wrong end of the stick by seniors i thought u meant older players not teams my mistake i apologise.

i agree with young percy about the points high 60's will win the league but i feel the winners of the league will win it by 1-3 points only.

we have a long way to go yet with just under half a season left.

Guest dave0911

correct me if im wrong lads, (by lads i mean mullion) but we only have 1 player from the firsts at the moment, dan higgins has stepped down to get regular football, on the occasion we have a couple of players from uni but that happens very rarely, our reserve team has been the same all season and no one can take losing to a group of 17 and 18 year olds, we have just been lucky enough to find a balance between youth and enthusiasm mixed with experience heads, in actual fact a few of us have had to step up for the firsts,

i just hope the right team wins the league this season and because im a mullion boy i want it to be us of course i do and we are in with a shout, but 4 or 5 teams could still walk away with the title its going to be a close run thing, im glad to be a part of a close league as it makes the football better and more enjoyable

cheers

As for the situation reagarding Mullion 1sts and 2nds at the end of the day Mullion now have a very small 1st team squad with so many first team players leaving so it will be highly unlikely that any 1st team players will be playing for the 2nd team.

More likely will be the 2nd team suffering with the 1st team taking players.

At the end of the day Mullion have a great 2nd team which should easily win the league and other teams cant take getting beaten by a lot of youngsters with a few experienced heads.

I'm getting very confused by this whole thing.

Everyone from Mullion is contradicting (sorry if spellings not correct) one min one person is saying that mullion have got such a big first team that they can afford to throw some of the seniors down to basicly win the the title for them,and quoted..." you can call it cheating if you want." now someone else is saying that mullion firsts have no players and are having to nick players from the seconds, then we have another saying that the seconds are only playing one guy so he can get regular football....ummmm if you don't have enough players in the firsts that you need to use the seconds then surly he can get played regularly in the first team.

One very confused Cornishman.... And for the guy who said i don't seem to kow what i'm talking about, seriously go through this lot and see if you can make head or tail of whats happening. Everyone has their own opinion and i'm sure there will be many that would say you ain't got a clue what your going on about.

But i'm positive there would be more who just said your plain ugly......

Gaff.. not sure what kind of football world you live in but a 'reserve' team is one that is beneficial for the senior's. You dont fill ur reserves with senior players but if a player has been out a while with injury or hasnt started in a while it makes sense to give him some games for the reserves and only helps them get out of a low divison and helps the team improve playing with better players! obviously you don't get the concept so i'll explain. . Mullion has a 1s team in combination football were it is hard to attract players as we are soo far out in the sitcks so we have to rely on young talent from around the area, with the 2nd team some 3divisions below its hard to call them up and expect them to play anywere near that sandard, so its now imparetive that we get them up the leagues as fast as we can if we are to develop and improve as a club!! all teams would do the same thing if they could!

If you don't want people thinking that this is whats happening don't let your guys write it on here in the first place.

I think that its way too early to be predicting the Div 3 winners! As with last year the team sitting at the top of the table were flying and thought that the title was already in the bag, the team that eventually won it were sitting outside the promotion places at this point in the season. Porthleven Rangers went on a 29 game winning streak both in 2 cups and league and won the lot!

Certainly Mullion do have a chance at winnig Div 3 but thats all it is at this stage in the saeson - a chance. Anything can happen, players leave, managers leave, things go wrong etc etc. It happened last year and it's already happened this season.

Good luck to all fighting at the top, it's nice to see a bit of healthy competition!

Guest dave0911

lets get this straight from a mullion point of view, mullion did have a big squad when alan carey was in charge but now hes left so have many players, alot of them following him to falmouth, this is when dan higgins stepped down to us to get regular football, now the firsts have a relatively small squad in comparison to what they did have, so dan higgins should become a regular for them again, as for us our squad should remain unchanged and if it does we are in with a great shout,

people come on contradicting each other all the time but that is how it is at mullion at the moment, the first 11 sometimes take 1 or 2 players of ours a week, last week they took 9 as our game was called off.

hopefully that has cleared up anything anoyone was unsure about, once again i hope the league plays out as it should and the best team win it, good luck to everyone

just a question, does anyone know how many teams gain promotion this year??????

cheers

lets get this straight from a mullion point of view, mullion did have a big squad when alan carey was in charge but now hes left so have many players, alot of them following him to falmouth, this is when dan higgins stepped down to us to get regular football, now the firsts have a relatively small squad in comparison to what they did have, so dan higgins should become a regular for them again, as for us our squad should remain unchanged and if it does we are in with a great shout,

people come on contradicting each other all the time but that is how it is at mullion at the moment, the first 11 sometimes take 1 or 2 players of ours a week, last week they took 9 as our game was called off.

hopefully that has cleared up anything anoyone was unsure about, once again i hope the league plays out as it should and the best team win it, good luck to everyone

just a question, does anyone know how many teams gain promotion this year??????

cheers

Don't get me wrong, i wish mullion all the luck for the rest of the season. But I don't like seeing first coming down to win the league for the seconds or thirds. I'm a strong believer in having faith in the team you have.

I know that players go up and down through teams when they are not playing so good, or just come back from injury but when a team starts pushing players out when they have a harder game one week it gets to me that the manager can't have faith in his own guys.

Thank you for being so honest about the whole matter, there is a lot of people out there who would have tryed bu*****t**g about the whole thing.

Sorry don't know how many promotion places there are yet. But will be that extra spot because of the Mawgan affair.

So with Mawgan dropping out and 3 teams gaining promotion lats year i would presume there woiuld be 4 teams going up from div3? I would think that the 4 going up would be Mullion,Trispen,Cury and Falmouth/Penryn in that order!

Also if Mullion do win the league it will be with our actual 2nd team seeing as the 1sts now have a squad of about 13 so they will be frquently needing players.

• 2 weeks later...

No big comments from the Mullions boys after their defeat on Saturday? think they are still favourites but it will be a lot closer than they thought.

[/qu

They have Probably realised gashead1980 that the league title race has only just started to warm up and with them losing to us in a convincing fashion on saturday has left them stunned to say the least. With our(Trispen) full squad back i would like to think we have a great chance now, however there is such a long way (especially us played 11 league games!!) to go it would still be stupid to be talking about who will win this league! Any one of 5 teams are in with a shout in my opinion.

Guest some call him David Bentley

No big comments from the Mullions boys after their defeat on Saturday? think they are still favourites but it will be a lot closer than they thought.

[/qu

They have Probably realised gashead1980 that the league title race has only just started to warm up and with them losing to us in a convincing fashion on saturday has left them stunned to say the least. With our(Trispen) full squad back i would like to think we have a great chance now, however there is such a long way (especially us played 11 league games!!) to go it would still be stupid to be talking about who will win this league! Any one of 5 teams are in with a shout in my opinion.

yeah well said trispinho , the the title at the momment to be anyones, good game on saturday , look forward getting the results in for all teams and have a good finish to the season !! :thumbsup:

Guest dave0911

to be fair mullion didnt have a full strength side out against trispen but well done to the trispen boys for doing to us as we did to them,

this is how the league should be with the clear top 2 teams taking points from each other, now it all comes down to strength of character to pull through against those lesser teams, gunna be a brilliant season

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

THOUGHT ID WRITE SOMETHING IN HERE AS ITS GONE A LITTLE QUITE LATELY, ANY REASON PEOPLE??

How have Mullion been doing lately, has there been any more dropped points. Hows the title race hotting up now a few weeks down the line. Is it looking a little closer. Who is faviourites now.

Guest shaggy torres

mullion have not dropped any points since are defeat to trispin and i belive that trispen have not either since there defeat to mullion. however cury have this is going to be a very good end to the season. but will still a fair few games left it is all to play for.

good luck to all teams and may the best team win! :thumbsup:

Well done to all the teams involved in the title race this season. Being a Mullion lad I obviously want us to walk away with the title but it really is to close to call even at this stage. I have to say a massive well done to the Mullion 2nd lads as they never cease to surprise me with their true grit and determination to succed, the first team have been (once again) short of players since that turncoat went to Falmouth and as a result players have been taken from the 2nd's to play combo but the lads keep on coming up with the goods. I do think that the pure lack of time to get all games played will ultimately cost Trispen dearly but they are a good outfit who play decent football so who knows what will happen at the final whistle!! Gonna be a busy time for you though probably playing Sat, Tues and Thurs for a few weeks and as we know getting teams together in the week is difficult to say the least. Still when all's said and done this is why we all follow football coz you just don't know and it's all about opinions shared. Good luck to all and may the best team win. (Mullion!!!!!!) :P

Guest dave0911

Well done to trispen for beating ruan in what i heard were quite windy conditions, keeps us mullion boys constantly looking over our shoulders. hopefully our result yesterday will give us a great boost in confidence for the rest of the season as we havnt been playing the best and most attractive football lately. i still think we have more to offer than what we showed hayle even though we got 10 past them. its great to see a number of different goal scorers on the scoresheet with lee cattran bagging his hat trick from midfield. lets hope penryn can do us a favour on tuesday against trispen which will give us an upperhand and an incentive to play with the audacity we showed on saturday

come on mullion!!!!

• 1 month later...