Cornwall Football Forum

mullion reserves for title??

Guest shaggy torres

the reason i can see mullion 2nds winning the league is because they have such big 1st team squad they can afford to throw afew quality players down to play for 2nds... call it cheating or what you want but its part of football and if you have a second team in div 3 and a 1st in combo the aim has got to be to get them into div 1 and the manager realises that soo i can see mullion gettin back to back promotions!!

Guest blue203

Trispinho Mullion have already played both Wendron and Cury away and beat them both, I think the back log of games could harm you in the long run.. lets hope your game against Mullion happens before the end of the season as it should be a good game...

I think you are all talking about a title well to early. Look at last season at this time Lanner where flying unbeaten in the league and really fancied their chances. They had wins over Rangers, Camborne and Troon all of which gained promotion in the end but where did they end up? THIRD. Rangers ended up winning the lot, League and both cups and no-one saw that coming at this time. If you are brave enough to prodict your club winning at this stage your a fool. Let others worry about how good you are and you worry about who's up next. One thing is for sure there will be the odd upset along the way, there always is. Thats Div 3 football, sometimes it ain't pretty, and some times it ain't fair, but it can be bl**dy entertaining.

:clapper:

Guest some call him David Bentley

yeah good shout big breakfast anything can happen , lets just hope its a good season and the best team come away with the title :)

I think you are all talking about a title well to early. Look at last season at this time Lanner where flying unbeaten in the league and really fancied their chances. They had wins over Rangers, Camborne and Troon all of which gained promotion in the end but where did they end up? THIRD. Rangers ended up winning the lot, League and both cups and no-one saw that coming at this time. If you are brave enough to prodict your club winning at this stage your a fool. Let others worry about how good you are and you worry about who's up next. One thing is for sure there will be the odd upset along the way, there always is. Thats Div 3 football, sometimes it ain't pretty, and some times it ain't fair, but it can be bl**dy entertaining.

:clapper:

if rangers,camborne and troon all got promoted why didnt lanner?? surely you mean they finished FOURTH???

That was confusing!!

There will be a few teams up there this season as every season. Strength in depth and a 1st team squad in a much higher league. a few reinstatements and you cudnt rly look past mullion to be honset. but then if football was that easy it wud b boring, will everyone be looking back at this in april/may and laughing who knows??

• 1 month later...

sooo now mullion have played almost half there fixtures do people still have there doubts over their title credentials?? beatin cury 4-0 and not conceding in 4 league games including wendron and cury says something surely!! trispen will obv be a challenge but after they've already dropped 2points against cury and we've taken 6 surely 3points against them will put us in a strong postion for title!! opinions please .....

Would i be right in saying we have mullion in the cup this weekend? if so, You'll soon see if you're good enough to hold your own in our league. Altho judging by some teams this season, that shouldn't be a problem

mullion will be hard to beat but to say because we drew with cury we wont win the league dont forget we beat truro from div 1 in jun cup, frogpool and carharrack in div 2 in cups also should be a good game in a couple of weeks but with several players missing we will do our best to endeavour , thought cury were a decent team when we played them as long as we get promoted this season and next season that is the priority.

Guest mauricio

Would i be right in saying we have mullion in the cup this weekend? if so, You'll soon see if you're good enough to hold your own in our league. Altho judging by some teams this season, that shouldn't be a problem

yes we are playing troon this saturday in the cup. Even if you beat us that wouldn't mean that we couldn't stay in your league next season. i remember we played constantine a few weeks ago for our league and i was told that they played loads of first team players. We beat them on the day and they are in 2nd in div 2 .

We will have to wait and see! :thumbsup:

yea mate iam, went from starting in the 1st team to being on bench soo made sense to play 2nds and enjoying it at min soo we'll see how it goes! good bunch of local lads and banters good.. you wouldnt be chrissy woods (athletic no7) would you?? be good to hear from you if it is! dan

Still think that t is far too early to talk about promotion. SO much can happen in a couple of months and the league could turn on its head. Mullion, Cury, Wendron and Trispen are all still in with a shout. I wud rather have the points on the board myself than be chasing teams that are in front because games can get clogged up, and it always seems more difficult to get the points if ur cathing teams that are above.

mullion will be hard to beat but to say because we drew with cury we wont win the league dont forget we beat truro from div 1 in jun cup, frogpool and carharrack in div 2 in cups also should be a good game in a couple of weeks but with several players missing we will do our best to endeavour , thought cury were a decent team when we played them as long as we get promoted this season and next season that is the priority.

yeah but the thing is are truro 3rd , caharrack who are struggling for players, and frogpool actually good ................................... NO

you cant use that as an excuse start saying stuff like that when youve beaten cury 4-0

mullion have a great chance 4 the fhfl division 3 title!!! out of the 3 leagues theres only mullion and mawnan from div 1 that have not yet too lose a game in the league thats good going!

Guest dave0911

Mullion have just beaten trispen in a convincing 3-0 fashion, trispen didnt get a shot on goal all game, for one of the best teams in the league that is pretty poor, mullion are solid at the back with a mixture of youth and experience which works really well, aswell as that going forward mullion are very flowing and play attractive football with a couple of youngsters on hot scoring form, its hard to see past mullion for the title in all honesty.

mullion for the title

Everyone talking about the title already. All it takes is for mullion to lose two or three games and you'll all come on here saying that Trispen are faves. I do believe that it'll be out of those two as they are both in good positions although Trispen have to win their games in hand. It is too early talking about who will win it. Anyone know how many teams gettig promoted ths season.

Bloody hell, liverpool beat chelsea 2-0 today so does that mean that they have just won the premier league in february??

bloody hell mate thats a bit of a shit comparision !!

ahahhahaahahhaahhahaaaha

:yahoo: Mullion for division 3 Title :yahoo:

Guest Postie Pidge

Bloody hell, liverpool beat chelsea 2-0 today so does that mean that they have just won the premier league in february??

No, as Manchester United are still top!!

Guest mauricio

Falmouth Athletic have to play Trispen twice, Mullion and Cury and a few wins from those games could have a major bearing on the title race

even if u beat mullion, trispen twice and cury i think mullion would win the title anyway.

Unless we start losing every single game til the end of the season.

Penryn next week will be a hard game.

Come on Mullion!

Falmouth Athletic have to play Trispen twice, Mullion and Cury and a few wins from those games could have a major bearing on the title race

even if u beat mullion, trispen twice and cury i think mullion would win the title anyway.

Unless we start losing every single game til the end of the season.

Penryn next week will be a hard game.

Come on Mullion!

You don't want to get overconfident yet mate there are plenty of teams still in the race. Some big fixtures in the next few weeks. With us playing Trispen away and then at home in the next two weeks, you got Penryn. Some tough fixtures for teams involved in the title race.

plenty of games left i agree. . i think there will be a much clearer table come the end of the month. Altho i strongly believe its a 2horse race between mullion and trispen anything can happen! its just an odd league and 1 that teams like mullion and trispen shouldnt be involved in. . beating teams 10-2 and 13-0 isnt great and think the top 4 in div 3 could easilly hold there own in div 2! not meaning to offend other teams in the league just fear it becoming too much like the SPL!

i don't know what im talkin about!?

Cury have lost alot of players in the last week . . FACT

Mullion are top of league and will be in top 3 end of season . . FACT

Teams are beatin the lower teams heavily and there are onli 4teams with a chance of winnig the league .. FACT

I was just giving my opinions and if you had botherd to pay attention i said its going to be close and mullion arnt certain to win the division but ur pretty stupid and delusional to think mullion won't be up there! who do you play for just out of interest??

Guest blue203

Big Phil stick to bad acting, because after reading some of your previous posts and the one on this thread your football knowledge is quite embarrasing. And after all your talk I just hope your not a player.

mullion are definately favourites now,no doubt.(and they are letting everyone know about it as well!!!). i must tell you though that trispen had 5 regular players out when they played at mullion 2 weeks ago,they just aint came on here shouting about it!! from what ive heard you are a good young side and there is nothing wrong with being confident,just wouldnt get the trumpets out yet though!?! i thought cury were a good team and decent bunch of lads when we played them.we could have been 5-0 up half time but were lucky to get a point in the end. wendron were also a useful side and we were lucky to beat them away but probably our best performance of the season in the 5-1 win at home.we,ve now got athletic 2 weeks in a row(why i ask?!) who are running into great form and penryn drew at mullion 3-3 earlier in the season and look strong.so i think there are half a dozen teams that deserve abit of respect yet.we,ve got alot of games to fit in which may hinder us old men and its better to have the points on the board anytime but think there is a long long way to go.its a funny old game!!!!! may the best team win :thumbsup:

i agree, well said rappo!! trispen are the team thats gotta be up there!! my point in previous post was nothing bout mullion winning the league more point that for a long time to many teams are jus far better than the league there in and the my opinion is that that top 5 in div 3 could hold there own in div 2 and shame there all not playin better footy!! best of luck to everyone

Yes Mullion are favourites at the moment because they have the points on the board but then there is still half the season to go so anything can change. As a Falmouth Athletic player I don't think we can be wrote off. We have assembled a good squad and we are in a good run of form and we have some big games which if we get the results will help our push for promotion. Looking forward to playing Trispen home and away within the next two weeks. Good luck to everyone in the league.

yeh would definately agree with that oldman.ive been quite impressed with the league this season,although you do get unavailability at times with teams that you probably would,nt get higher up the leagues and that reflects in the big scorelines sometimes.even teams like rosudgeon and stithians try to play football irrespective of their low league positions and frogpool are picking up wins now so anyone can give you a game on the day.we,ve beaten truro city from div 1 and frogpool and carharrack from div2 in cups this season when at full strength so oldmans point is very valid.im sure any of the top 4/6 would hold their own in div2 next season.be nice to see a close fought league go all the way to may.?? best of luck to everyone.Rappo :thumbsup: