Cornwall Football Forum

Results - Saturday November 15th, 2008

Guest crosser

Well i'm sure any neutrals at the mill would have enjoyed this game, shame us Torpoint supporters left feeling robbed.

Launceston took an early lead after Chris Todd made a rash challenge in the box giving launceston a penalty which they duely scored. Torpoint then went onto dominate the 1st half with launceston only coming into it in the last 10 mins, with only a great save and some woeful finishing stopping Torpoint getting an equaliser.

Torpoint drew level early on in the 2nd half when Adam Carter headed home Torpoint continued to pressure the clarets defence and took the lead in the 56th minute when Hicks slotted home after some good work down the right hand side by Liam ????? Torpoint again created numerouse chances which again were either wasted poor finishing and 2 fine saves by the clarets keeper. Launceston started to mount pressure in the later stages of the second half and this pressure was rewarded when ex-torpoint player (and numerous other clubs) Dominic Richardson headed home with about 5 mins left. Torpoint Threatened again shortly after but Carters?? shot went across the face of the goal. Launceston nearly stole all three points but their final effort was straight down the throat of joey syndercombe.

All in all a good game but Torpoint really need to take the chances they create.

Godolphin 2. Penzance 1. H/T 1.1

Scorers. Godolphin. M Rose, L Paxton. Penzance. J Miller.

Rose opened the scoring early on for The G with a free kick that swerved in all directions to give the Keeper no chance, Miller levelled it for Penzance with a well placed header ater 30 minutes, Penzance should have gone in 2 or 3 up at half time having plenty of chances.

The G were more determined second and half and took the lead after the keeper made a great save from Lowry only for Paxton to knock in the rebound. Godolphin had the better of the second half after seeing Penzance dominate the first half, the Penzance Keeper made a fine save from O`Callaghan in the closing minutes to deny The G a third.

Watched by well over 120 with a good Crowd from Newquay FC who had no game and they thoroughly enjoyed their trip to `A Duchy League Ground` :rolleyes: ;0)

Well Refereed by Ben Lugg and his Assistants K Masters & D James. :clapper:

Guest Uncle Albert

St Austell 0 Porthleven 1.

Jamie Thirkle scored in the 89th minute from a Porthleven breakaway.

Nothing to choose between these two top sides in division one west; two strong defences, awful conditions.

St Austell's first league defeat of the season. Hardly deserved.

Well Chapman made his debut for Launceston today and apart from a dive better than Tom Dalys which got Carter a booking had a fantastic game saving the Clarets from a hammering,Torpoint really did dominate this one but the Truro keeper who is on loan was superb.

Guest pitch invader

Foxhole Stars 8 , Wendron 1

Foxhole Scorers = Bromley 3 , C Rickard 2 , Butler 2 , Warne 1

what can u say? the drodge should have never have been in this league and it shows cant say myself but just had a call from my mate at WMN and the same old story. winno is away? but still the same s,,ht

as a fan sack the hangers on?????????????????????????????????????????????????? :SM_carton: :SM_carton:

Guest crosser

Well Chapman made his debut for Launceston today and apart from a dive better than Tom Dalys which got Carter a booking had a fantastic game saving the Clarets from a hammering,Torpoint really did dominate this one but the Truro keeper who is on loan was superb.

would have given him man of the match apart from that incident! completely conned the referee into booking carter :angry2:

Guest The Old Man

Gary, what you saying about Chapman on loan?.....Is it that Launceston are out of order for using a player from higher standard football??? Just a question B)

Guest crosser

i'm sure gary will comment for himself but don't think he's saying that, just saying that he had a good game made 3 excellent saves that kept his side in it, only sour point being the fact that he needed to throw himself up in the air and scream out when carter made no contact with him, which got carter booked.

You really needed to be there to see it for yourself it was embarrasing he conned the ref into booking someone, on a side note think i might have been in the minority but thought the ref had a good game looked quite young but had a good enough game just got let down by his assistants who brought the average age up

Im saying that he is a very good keeper and had he not played we would have won by a margin,well done to smudge a great signing

Just for the record best referee we have had this season by a margin,dont know the lads name but he was really good.

There are only 1 of 3 teams that can win the league this season they are Bodmin.Parkway ,or Tavistock,mark my words it will be 1 of those 3.

St Austell 0 Porthleven 1.

Jamie Thirkle scored in the 89th minute from a Porthleven breakaway.

Nothing to choose between these two top sides in division one west; two strong defences, awful conditions.

St Austell's first league defeat of the season. Hardly deserved.

a draw possibly would have been a fair result, but sometimes you don't get what you deserve. A good game of football and a great advert for swpl west watch by another decent crowd.

Don't know the name of the ref but he had a really good game!

Andy Quinn was the young referee's name and I agree wholeheartedly that he had a very good game. Yes he did make the odd error like giving the throw the opposite way when it should have been the other but how many times have we seen the men in black do that? [it's got something to do with taking no notice of the linesman] He did though get all of the big decisions right and refereed with a smile. Best ref I've seen this season by a country mile.

As for Adam Carter's booking - the referee had warned him at least twice previously about challenges which might have brought there own punishments and he really had no option other than to show Carter a yellow for his challenge on Jason Chapman. Whether he made contact or not is irrelevant as it's down to the fact that If the referee thought there was intent than that's good reason to give the yellow and after being warned previously Adam Carter was a bit rash with the challenge.

Torpoint may have won this game with better finishing and the fact that the oppositions goalkeeper was in fine form and Launceston will wonder why they couldn't keep hold of possession for more than two or three passes but all in all it was an enjoyable encounter.

St Austell 0 Port 1

I thought Port thoroughly deserved their win. A blatant pen not given to Port late on but justice was done. Lee Bradd excellent at back for Port. Enjoyable game and to link to another thread the ref was telling people to sit down in the Port dugout (may have been subs).

Guest crosser

Andy Quinn was the young referee's name and I agree wholeheartedly that he had a very good game. Yes he did make the odd error like giving the throw the opposite way when it should have been the other but how many times have we seen the men in black do that? [it's got something to do with taking no notice of the linesman] He did though get all of the big decisions right and refereed with a smile. Best ref I've seen this season by a country mile.

As for Adam Carter's booking - the referee had warned him at least twice previously about challenges which might have brought there own punishments and he really had no option other than to show Carter a yellow for his challenge on Jason Chapman. Whether he made contact or not is irrelevant as it's down to the fact that If the referee thought there was intent than that's good reason to give the yellow and after being warned previously Adam Carter was a bit rash with the challenge.

Torpoint may have won this game with better finishing and the fact that the oppositions goalkeeper was in fine form and Launceston will wonder why they couldn't keep hold of possession for more than two or three passes but all in all it was an enjoyable encounter.

almost completely agree with you apart from carters booking, i was stood no more than 2 yards away from the incident the keeper had messed up and carter slid in and won the ball at which point the keeper threw himself up in the air let out a scream and did a forward roll it was embarassing, not blaming the ref at all just pointing out what a thankless task it is when players moan about the respect business then set out to con the ref, like the keeper did.

28 POSTS ON THE RESULTS AND STILL NO ONE FROM PENZANCE HAS COME ON AND GIVEN THERE VERSION OF EVENTS,WHATSUP HAS LORD MONEYBAGS MEWTON BANNED YOU FROM THE SITE OR IS IT TOO EMBARASIN THAT YOU LOST ON A PARKS PITCH AS SOMEONE CALLED IT? SOUR GRAPES METHINKS. :c:

Godolphin v Penzance,I thought Godolpin were good value for their win ,they never stopped running and above all played some good football,Derek Martin has them playing like a team.

Godolphin keeper should in my opinion have walked but hey thats football,as a Newquay supporter I wish Godolphin well for nthe rest of the season except when they play us on boxing day.

On a final note Penzance players surrounding the referee at the final whistle was bad,you lost Penzance ,put it behind you and get on with your season,except for the goalie incident I thought the game was well referied.

Godolphin v Penzance

Very dissapointing to lose on Saturday at Godolphin in a game that should have been wrapped up by half-time. All credit to Godolphin, in the second half they had more desire and more cohesion. They are not a bad side at all: Penzance did not look "up for it" in the second half and their play became increasingly frantic and un-coordinated. I agree with the post about the Godolphin keeper walking although I couldn't see if it was in the box or not. Penzance did as well have a perfrectly good goal wiped because the ref didn't think the ball was over the line.

We need more consistency: sometimes brilliant (Camelford) and other times just scraping through is not going to win us anything.

C'mon the Magpies! :yahoo:

I earlier said pz would walk league as teams would all take points off each other and pz would,nt drop many points,now not so sure.Port have nipped in and pinched a couple of good defenders off them and now look a lot stronger in my opinion especially defensively.Also concern over their battling ability to stand up to more physical sides.Hard game on weds and they will need to put some one on wayne who totally dominated their previous match.And as for team spirit i thought trev said you sign for pz club not 1sts or 2nds? :unsure:

GODOLPHIN v PENZANCE

This was a massive win for the boys who in all fairness are still finding their feet at this level. I thought we were the better side for the opening 15 minutes and worth the early goal. But Penzance showed their quality when they leveled it with a superbly crafted move and we probably rode our luck a little as they came looking for us for the remainder of the half.

I honestly thought we were the better side in the second half and deserved to take the lead. It might have been 3 - 1 but for a fine save from the Pz keeper.

Penzance had a big shout for a Penalty turned down very late into stoppage time and i must admit from where i was stood i was fearing the worst when the loud appeals went up. But the ref didn't give it and after the match all of our players said that he took a dive which is exactly what the ref said.

Full credit to ALL the Penzance players who shook hands and gave our lads the credit saying we had deserved it. I thought that was Class.

Bazzer, its going to a bit special when we come to Newquay on Boxing day. I'm sure their will be a bumper crowd and with the teams positioned so close in the League it will be all to play for.