Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Youth v Worcestershire Youth at Kimberley Stadium - 15/11/08.

Don't forget, anyone in the Saltash area who wants to take in a match at Kimberley Stadium tomorrow [ Saturday] can see the County Youth U18's take on Worcestershire Youth in the FA County Youth Challenge Cup Competition - Round 2. The match kicks off at 01.00pm with extra time penalties if required.

I will post the result on this site when i get back. :c:

Cornwall 4 Worcestershire 5.

Despite a hat trick from Liam Eddy and a pen from Aaron Bicknell Cornwall went out of this season's FA County Youth Cup at Kimberley Stadium. Trailing 3 - 1 just after half time Cornwall fought back to lead 4 - 3 but could not hold on to their lead and conceded two further goals.

Guest st george9

was Liam Eddy the number 9 for cornwall?? looked a really good player .saw the 2nd half and just seem to go from one end to the other..cornwall were unlucky

Cornwall Youth took the field with the following.

Richard Pennington - Penzance

Darren Edwards - Truro City

Liam Sandercock - Bude Town

Mamsy Sabo - Holmans SC

David Blizzard - Penryn Athletic

Aaron Bicknell - Newquay

Josh Kemp - Porthleven

Bradley Wills - Penzance

Ollie Brokenshire - St.Austell

Liam Eddy - Truro City

Billy Hopcroft - Bude Town

Subs.

Liam Nicholls - Foxhole Stars

Ollie Gibson - Sticker

Ross Badcock - Penzance

Rob Rosevear - Sticker

Guest Peppermint

As a matter of interest do all the players listed in the team play for their respective first teams. I obviously know that Aaron Bicknell is a regular member of Newquay's CSWL team.

Looking at Pennington - the keeper - where does he fit in at Penzance because Sid Taylor is the first team keeper and I think that Nicholls is the Reserve team keeper. No doubt CTB will correct me if I am wrong.

Surely it is better if the squad contains players that regularly play for their respective first teams and are used to playing at a good level.

Just a thought - again losing by the odd goal is bad luck for the Cornish boys. Best wishes to Tommy and the team for the rest of the season.