Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Fixtures Shambles:Resign, you Clown !

After the posting of two days ago highlighting the deliberate refusal of Combo Fixture Secretary John "Flora Drummer" Roberts to communicate effectively with the media, the clubs, use post-nineteenth century technology capably or to change the mathematically verifiable fact that for over a decade the fixturing process has been a basket case, take a look at the published fixtures for Saturday.

It is only because CTB and DD, despite the ignorance and obstructionism of the said hofficer, keep the public informed through this Hexcellent Horgan of Truth, that more games are not cancelled because of geographical confusion.

Having saved a lot of money recently, I will use it to sue the league, with maximum publicity, for causing me nervous strain and wasting my expensive time and petrol, if at any time in future I miss even a minute of a Tinners match, as a result of incorrect information emanating from Roberts.

According to the Sunday Independent, St Just are visiting Newquay on Saturday. According to the website, they are visiting Helston. According to the Cornishman and the West Briton, they are visiting Helston, but are simultaneously repeating last week's home match against Holmans in the same competition.In fact, every club in the Combo would be repeating last week's matches, while simultaneously playing new ones, in some cases fifty miles apart. It's no wonder players and club officers get so many pulled muscles and finish up mentally stressed and exhibiting compounded personality problems !

Perhaps Flora Drummer is running a week behind the rest of us (more like half a century, really).

The arbitrary changing of fixturing to ease Helston's opposition was recorded correctly by a Sunday paper, but incorrectly by two papers on the following Thursday. Perhaps The Wet Blanket and the Magpieman are now seeing CTB's website as a Higher Hauthority than Flora Drummer ! Yet another indication that the Combo needs a proper press officer to be taken seriously as a senior league ! Yet another indication that Roberts is not doing the job.

Resign, Flora !

Hal an Tow, Hal and Tow,

Time for you and Vital to go !!

Even if you won't resign, Flora, for goodness sake RING CTB AND HELP HIM TO UPDATE THE WEBSITE. Alternatively, I suppose anybody unsure of who is playing where could ring 01326 573419 and ask Flora, but check you're not interrupting teatime and bedtime first. Things like that may take priority over football administration the clubs are PAYING for. :clapper:

After the posting of two days ago highlighting the deliberate refusal of Combo Fixture Secretary John "Flora Drummer" Roberts to communicate effectively with the media, the clubs, use post-nineteenth century technology capably or to change the mathematically verifiable fact that for over a decade the fixturing process has been a basket case, take a look at the published fixtures for Saturday.

It is only because CTB and DD, despite the ignorance and obstructionism of the said hofficer, keep the public informed through this Hexcellent Horgan of Truth, that more games are not cancelled because of geographical confusion.

Having saved a lot of money recently, I will use it to sue the league, with maximum publicity, for causing me nervous strain and wasting my expensive time and petrol, if at any time in future I miss even a minute of a Tinners match, as a result of incorrect information emanating from Roberts.

According to the Sunday Independent, St Just are visiting Newquay on Saturday. According to the website, they are visiting Helston. According to the Cornishman and the West Briton, they are visiting Helston, but are simultaneously repeating last week's home match against Holmans in the same competition.In fact, every club in the Combo would be repeating last week's matches, while simultaneously playing new ones, in some cases fifty miles apart. It's no wonder players and club officers get so many pulled muscles and finish up mentally stressed and exhibiting compounded personality problems !

Perhaps Flora Drummer is running a week behind the rest of us (more like half a century, really).

The arbitrary changing of fixturing to ease Helston's opposition was recorded correctly by a Sunday paper, but incorrectly by two papers on the following Thursday. Perhaps The Wet Blanket and the Magpieman are now seeing CTB's website as a Higher Hauthority than Flora Drummer ! Yet another indication that the Combo needs a proper press officer to be taken seriously as a senior league ! Yet another indication that Roberts is not doing the job.

Resign, Flora !

Hal an Tow, Hal and Tow,

Even if you won't resign, Flora, for goodness sake RING CTB AND HELP HIM TO UPDATE THE WEBSITE. Alternatively, I suppose anybody unsure of who is playing where could ring 01326 573419 and ask Flora, but check you're not interrupting teatime and bedtime first. Things like that may take priority over football administration the clubs are PAYING for. :clapper:

Rod give up,i tried to educate the combo league for years,i.e.big finals day combo cup followed by supp cup but apparently it would never work :D :D

Resign, Flora !

Hal an Tow, Hal and Tow,

Normally such a fan, in many instances agree but please must this abuse go on...no matter the entertainment value? Often amazed with ficture list myself,.... playing for Helston, but this man is doing this as a volunteer! If you could do a better job, go for it..... you seem to have plenty of time on your hands!!!

I

Resign, Flora !

Hal an Tow, Hal and Tow,

Normally such a fan, in many instances agree but please must this abuse go on...no matter the entertainment value? Often amazed with ficture list myself,.... playing for Helston, but this man is doing this as a volunteer! If you could do a better job, go for it..... you seem to have plenty of time on your hands!!!

I

What a pleasure it is to come on here and agree with every word from Paparazzi, Eddie, CTB and Follower. Having been abused, with my club, for about twelve years by the bias of Roberts and his blatant cheating, I now have an opportunity to make statements without his mates threatening to boot St Just out of the league.; It was a bit like the way the old Soviet Union used to treat the families of defectors. Now I can be a fearless, unaffiliated dissident instead

You'll probably be amused to hear that, after all the messing up of fixtures this week noted in my earlier post, I drove from Truro to St Just to pick up the other 50% of the Tinners' away support and then took her up to Mount Wise....to find that the game had been cancelled. :( I must get hold of Peppermint to ask him why. The weather was perfect for football when I arrived. I wonder if Mr Roberts had any sense that this might have been on the cards all the way along, and what's the betting that we get sent back to Mount Wise for an evening game....?....it's never the other way round, Mr Roberts couldn't POSSIBLY ask anybody to go all the way to Cape Cornwall. Nothing against Newquay here, nor helston, nor any other club, although I wish I had a few quid for every club officer who has said over thye years that they wished they could support me but wouldn't admit it in a meeting because he would then single their club out for the same treatment.....

Sure, Eddie, he is a volunteer paid 250 a year, but his approach has made the Combo such a politically stinking place to be for years that a change would be great. Now he's got Vital Vidal alongside. Hitler really got motoring once he had Hirohito on board. :c::drink:

Other leagues...and I've been to the meetings of about four now....have a totally different atmosphere. If we got enough club reps to support a secret ballot at the AGM, even that would be a start....he notes his enemies carefully.

It's a funny old world...maybe some Act of God will eventually intervene, as in the destruction of Nineveh ! The Woad Brotherhood are also working on it ! :c: