Cornwall Football Forum

The oldest player on the pitch......

Guest Markdavis

Its a couple of years ago now but when I was 16-17 I used to play for hayle in mining 2 with keith patch who was 60 and was still often one of our best players!

RE Johnny Mathews, he amazes us all with how dedicated he still is. he does more running than some players half his age.

Bill Lamin at Crowntown is well over 60 .........by a few months !!

.......and still looks fitter than a lot of teenagers . :yahoo::yahoo:

Agreed.. I played against Bill a few times when Gulval used to have a sunday team. During the one game we got chatting and he was pointing out to me that one of the crowntown wingers was his grandson. I actually told him he's a bullshi**er because of how old he actually looks. For some reason I also seem to think he was telling me that he plays or has played with him, his son and his grandson on the pitch all at the same time??. If that is true, he must be a very proud fella..

By the way Stevie Wints mate.. At 33 years old, am I old enough for vets yet???

hi coopsie, how you doing? Sorry m8 your to young ( lucky sod), not unless you want to play under your dads name!! lol.

How's the footy going?

Damn it, too young :angry2: .. How much longer do I have to wait??

As for "hows the footy going".... Well that's the $10million question mate, time will tell I guess (maybe not much time at that :unsure: ), but there's obviously a reason I'm asking about the vets. :o

I play vets football on sundays with some quality footballers who are over the age of 40. John mathews who is 50, still turns out for Ludgvan combo week in week out.

Does anyone els play or as played with anyone older?

TRISPEN AFC all of them.Even pickle stabber. ;)

Sorry can't remember which team the guy was playing for and quite sure this guy doesn't play regularly, but early on this season a team was short of players which we played. But give the team their due, they made a team to come and give us a game.... one of the guys that they brought along i'm sure they said he was 66. The guy was a great laugh and even managed to get himself sent off... Got great respect for them, so many other teams would have forfitted the game. THANK YOU! Gaff Cornish New Boys.

Bill Lamin at Crowntown is well over 60 .........by a few months !!

.......and still looks fitter than a lot of teenagers . :yahoo::yahoo:

Agreed.. I played against Bill a few times when Gulval used to have a sunday team. During the one game we got chatting and he was pointing out to me that one of the crowntown wingers was his grandson. I actually told him he's a bullshi**er because of how old he actually looks. For some reason I also seem to think he was telling me that he plays or has played with him, his son and his grandson on the pitch all at the same time??. If that is true, he must be a very proud fella..

Sorry, Coopsie, mixed me up with someone else or, I was winding you up. (Has been known)

I do have a bus pass. And my son does now also play for Crowntown. But no grandson in sight to play alongside.

(Still, I've a few games left in me yet.)