Cornwall Football Forum

"OLD FIRM DERBY"

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Guest tafc.-gaffa

I can see a home win with spirits high and Torpoint with that past meeting psycological edge!!! Will Edgcumb finally turn up to what is without doubt part 1 of the battle of the titans???!!!! :SM_carton::SM_carton:

:smiley20::drink: :drink:

will tafcgaffa be leading by example again this saturday by going out and gettin batfaced on friday nite like last weeks big game, which luckily for torpoint was called off??

i love these games. aint tempting fate by making any predictions exept for -

there will be not one mistimed tackle in the whole match...some just maybe timed late

Guest tafc.-gaffa

JUST FOR FUN - NO OFFENSE MEANT

A brief rundown of the Edgcumb Squad prior to the game:

1. GK. Scott Shirley- liable to go out on fri nights and not turn up for game.

2. RB. Lee Medlin- injury prone and all it takes is a slight knock for a 6 week absense.

3. LB. Lorry Lorimer- short fuse and liable to see red early,easily wound up, dont mention ears.

4. CB. Tom Hall- lankey,no pace easily done on the ground if fit.

5. CB. Bam Bambridge- works away,has'nt been seen sinse august.

6. RM. Stanny Stanniforth- got a goal in him but into the fri night drinking.

7. CM. Danny Medlin- class act but carrying excess weight.

8. CM. Macca Arnold- sicknote of the team spends most of the game on his ass,talks a good game though.

9. ST. Badger O'neill- electric but bogof will cut the power,fri night drinker.

10.ST.Brett Shannon- got a long throw,good strike of a ball,liable to miss game due to ebay dealings.

11.LM.Jon Harris-good vision and technique but wont like the weather on his hair and avoid tackles.

12.RB.Rob Grey- weak link easily turned.

13.CB.Tau Lau- not used enough.

14.RB.Alex Grant- face of plymouth loser, say no more.

15.CM.Mike Heron- not the player he was since he met the misses.

16.LM.Rowan Arnold- married with a kiddie now so to much going on.

17.Jamie Webb- fri night drinker.

18.Bondy-white boot wearer.

As an ex- player of edgcumb thought id have a laugh and wind you up prior to the game on saturday.I expect it back and look forward to it. All the best boys and see you then.x

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Thought you'd like it!!! Just waiting for the return............. Dont think i missed anyone apart from your aging rocker of a manager but i think hes doing time somewhere!!!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

will tafcgaffa be leading by example again this saturday by going out and gettin batfaced on friday nite like last weeks big game, which luckily for torpoint was called off??

i love these games. aint tempting fate by making any predictions exept for -

there will be not one mistimed tackle in the whole match...some just maybe timed late

Think your find i left a friend of the familys party after your brother left, with my girlfriend and her mother after 5 bottles of beer and was tucked up in bed way before midnight. Not rolling around the streets of plymouth at 5/6 am like half your team!!! I did all that years ago- cant handle it at my age mate thats why i dont!!!

Guest ECPL Supporter

JUST FOR FUN - NO OFFENSE MEANT

A brief rundown of the Edgcumb Squad prior to the game:

1. GK. Scott Shirley- liable to go out on fri nights and not turn up for game.

2. RB. Lee Medlin- injury prone and all it takes is a slight knock for a 6 week absense.

3. LB. Lorry Lorimer- short fuse and liable to see red early,easily wound up, dont mention ears.

4. CB. Tom Hall- lankey,no pace easily done on the ground if fit.

5. CB. Bam Bambridge- works away,has'nt been seen sinse august.

6. RM. Stanny Stanniforth- got a goal in him but into the fri night drinking.

7. CM. Danny Medlin- class act but carrying excess weight.

8. CM. Macca Arnold- sicknote of the team spends most of the game on his ass,talks a good game though.

9. ST. Badger O'neill- electric but bogof will cut the power,fri night drinker.

10.ST.Brett Shannon- got a long throw,good strike of a ball,liable to miss game due to ebay dealings.

11.LM.Jon Harris-good vision and technique but wont like the weather on his hair and avoid tackles.

12.RB.Rob Grey- weak link easily turned.

13.CB.Tau Lau- not used enough.

14.RB.Alex Grant- face of plymouth loser, say no more.

15.CM.Mike Heron- not the player he was since he met the misses.

16.LM.Rowan Arnold- married with a kiddie now so to much going on.

17.Jamie Webb- fri night drinker.

18.Bondy-white boot wearer.

As an ex- player of edgcumb thought id have a laugh and wind you up prior to the game on saturday.I expect it back and look forward to it. All the best boys and see you then.x

Ha ha- Quality!!!! :clapper: :clapper:

i heard the slightest bit of rain the game will be off on saturday - who would have thought it. Maker cut them up bad on wknd i hear, did they play on all 4 at once did they?

With 4 pitches which drain well as they are all sloped, no rain for nearly 4 days, torpoints star striker out, surely the game will be on??

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Think your find makers game was posponed. Out of our hands mate H.M.S. Raleigh own the pitches but they should be ok. As for us we have more than enough star srikers for saturday as your see!! Hope your playing right back again your see them fly past you!!!

Id play you on St. johns lake if we had too, dont worry we want it on!!!!

hey u know how strong our midfield is hence the reason your now playing for torpoint! and that aint a bad thing when your top of the league!!

Makers game was off last week was it? Make sure all your players get your story straight then if you are going to call this game off, as one of your players told me after your training on tuesday that Maker had cut the pitch up on saturday thats why its doubtful!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Previous for what?? Dont get you,you on about him leaving?? Think hes happy enough cos hes a team player now ,much inproved!!! Like you said new manager new season!!! Why are you lot harping on about someone that isnt playing, think you should concentrate on who is!!!!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Check the league results that doesnt lie! As for you listening to my players,sounds like you pay to much attention to them rather than your own team!!

I joined a better side that took 4 points off you last year, that finished above you last year,that got to an area junior cup final last year! Not really a backwards move is it!!???

You might struggle to get a start anyway mate as no one related to you are picking the side!

As for mutley you can look forward to struggling against him at your place im sure he will be looking to put a performance in like he did last year against you-great goal he scored!!!

your right, league table doesnt lie, have a look at it if u want...

we are not worried bout anyone, seems like u lot are more worried bout muts not playing than us, thats why ur trying to get the game off. we know man for man we are better, and we'll prove it tomorrow even with no shanns or wayne. we are well up for it.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Not bothered whoes playing for you as it sounds like your making excuses already!!! We are more than ready, the game is on-officially by the way,we dont bottle it like you lot did when you had people away!! There is a massive buzz about our side and we will be on it from that first whistle!!!! Man for man we are the better side as we will prove tomorrow! 2.30pm tomorrow im ready to put my life on the line to win the 3 points on offer and my team will follow me into battle and deliver............

Guest st george9

bloody hell this game should be on sky :D !!! gutted im going miss it as i have a game myself.sound like it going be some match..im thinking torpoint but with a few red cards..

APOLOGIES TO TAFC AND THERE MANAGER.I was feed wrong information last sunday and reacted in the wrong way ,partically dissapointed that the pitch causes so many problems after all the time amd money spent on it.I would have answered mr decons e mail if i knew how to respond but the web site didnt seem to respond.Totally understand if the apology is not accepted but thats all that can be done know.

Good luck to both teams tmrw .

Where is the result that we have all been waiting for,spoke to the league and none recived by 5.45 no report either ,perhaps the game was off.Duchy league gets good coverage from the sunday independent mike newcombe needs support as well.Hopefully we will know in the paper later today.

The build up was intense, the banter was non stop and the game didnt dissapoint.

The early stages were scrappy, first tackles of the game were flying in and not many chances were created. Edgcumbe enjoyed the better part of the early stages and took the lead after just 10 minutes when Graham O'Niell was fouled 25 yards out. Brett Shannon stepped up and curled the ball in the top corner to make the score 1-0. However, Torpoint reacted well and started causing problems on Edgcumbes left hand side, with John Docherty looking sharp. He crossed low and hard for ex Edgcumbe player Andy Carter to slot in unmarked at the far post to equalize. The game carried on to be scrappy through the 1st half with little quality football being played by either team, but Shannons long throws were causing the defence all sorts of problems. Eventually the pressure told, a long throw lead to a corner with lead to a goal mouth scramble. Dave Lorimer was at the back post to smash home only for Torpoint centre half Steve Todd to save the ball with his hand on the line. Unbelieveably only a yellow card was issued, but the penalty gave Edgcumbe the chance to retake the lead. After a 4-5 minute wait, Mackenzie Arnold finally stepped up to smash home the penalty after 30 minutes. Edgcumbe then turned the screw with Graham O'Niell now starting to cause more problems with his pace. Long throws were still causing problems and with only 5 minutes of the 1st half remaining, a long throw was launched into the area, and Macca Arnold swivvled and volleyed home for his second of the game to take the game into half time at 3-1 Edgcumbe.

The 2nd half continued like the 1st, scrappy with more tackles flying in. Torpoint now with the wind behind them looked to get back into the game, but no real chances were made by either team. Eventually another goal came. Torpoint defender dallied on the ball, and with Jonny Harris closing him down he smashed the ball against harris, only to rebound over the keeper and into the goal. 4-1 Edgcumbe. The referee now started to get his book out, with Macca Arnold booked for a collection of rash challenges. Torpoint launched long ball after long ball into the box, causing the Edgcumbe defence problems, and eventually got their reward with 25mins to go when Brian Stacey flicked the ball on and Edgcumbe defender Tom hall tried to 4lear but only succeeded in lobbing his own keeper to make the score 4-2. The pressure increased and only 5 minutes later with Edgcumbe looking edgy, a dangerous cross was whipped in and Gary metters headed in at the far post to make the score 4-3. Torpoint pressed on, and Edgcumbe were panicking, and bates had a chance to equalise in the last minute, but eventually Edgcumbe held out for a great 4-3 win, moing them 6 points clear of their local rivals. And not one red card!!

• 4 weeks later...