Cornwall Football Forum

Arsenal V Wigan

Guest Chris B

YES.

Until they meet someone decent.Like last season.

This is the 4th season with awesome youngsters,and guess what.

Not a f---ing trophy in sight.But its lovely to watch.

I sniff a trophy in the offing this season - especially if we meet your lot in the next round. PROVIDING you can beat the Scally Scousers tonight.

And that is a BIG if!

:lol::lol::lol:

In Arsene we trust!

Wigan boss Steve Bruce was glowing in his praise of Arsenal's youngsters. He said: "They were frightening on the night. The age of them. Arsene says it is the best crop of youngsters he's had and when you think of the young players they have had in the past, that is some compliment. "They gave us a torrid evening. We've gone out of the cup with a whimper really. They created more chances against us than any other team this season. "We've had our backsides kicked by a very good, young Arsenal team."

But we still haven't won anything! Very good few days as an Arsenal fan, and long may it continue. I do not think we can win the Premier League this year, Chelsea or Man U will do that, but we do have a chance in the 3 cup competitions.

I think where we'll possibly go wrong in the League Cup will be progressing further than the quarter finals (next stage) and Wenger starts to mix the "experienced" players with the "youngsters". Keep the youngsters all the way I reckon, see how far they get.

You Gooners really do make me laugh.Less than 12 months ago,when Spurs gave you one of your

biggest hidings for years.

On you came to this Forum saying its only our reserve team.[the team that finished at the Lane included

Fabregas,Adebayor,Hleb,Toure,7 1st teamers in fact]Then when we won it,the Trophy was only a 2 bob

bit Trophy.

Once again we have you all on here saying you can smell a trophy coming.

Do you mean this 2 bob bit Trophy.?

My God,how times are changing,a hint of desperation for a bit of silverware,my friends.?

Once again we have you all on here saying you can smell a trophy coming.

Which bit of my post says I can "smell a trophy coming"?

I guess it's the bit where I say we have a chance in the 3 cup competitions?

Well, I believe chances for the cup competitions exist for many other teams too. I am certainly not suggesting that I think we will win a cup this year. I merely think that Arsenal have the squad and ability to produce a winning performance in any game, no matter who the opposition is. We also have the ability to screw it up (we are in the same category as Liverpool here).

Look at when Liverpool won the Champions League a couple of years ago, not many people think they were the best team in Europe. But on their day, they were!

How's this for a team of youngsters;

Janssen[17]

Gunter[19] Dervitte[20] Arcibald-Henville[20] Bale[19]

Lennon[21] Huddlestone[21] Bostock[16] Taarabt[19]

Campbell[21] Dos Santos[19]

Average age 19 years 4 months. Nine of them have featured for the 1st eleven.

Add to that Danny Rose,Tomas Peckhart, who are both teenagers,not bad youthful talent eh.?

Gooners are'nt the only team with youngsters.

Anyone one else like to add their youthful talent.?

How's this for a team of youngsters;

Janssen[17]

Gunter[19] Dervitte[20] Arcibald-Henville[20] Bale[19]

Lennon[21] Huddlestone[21] Bostock[16] Taarabt[19]

Campbell[21] Dos Santos[19]

Average age 19 years 4 months. Nine of them have featured for the 1st eleven.

Add to that Danny Rose,Tomas Peckhart, who are both teenagers,not bad youthful talent eh.?

Gooners are'nt the only team with youngsters.

Anyone one else like to add their youthful talent.?

they'd still lose, bale is playing!!

It was'nt the victory my little blinkered Gooner.The size of it means you will NEVER be allowed to forget.

Being a teacher,Im sure you will have a very nice pension.

CHIM CHIMANY,CHIM CHIMANY,CHIM CHIM CHAROOO.

BENTLEY FROM 50 AND LENNON FROM 2.

COYS.

Yes, I will have a very nice pension thank you very much!

Into my 29th year and counting!

:thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup: