Cornwall Football Forum

Millbrook to finish bottom?

Guest fromacrossthewater

Would be a big shame if Millbrook did get relegated but I agree it is looking likely now. Lets hope they can finish their season especially with their disciplinary record. (another 2 sent off on saturday apparently). I also agree with Gary that they would struggle in the ECPL.

Guest football mad

They are rubbish full stop !! They will struggle this yr and next yr in ECPL. There attitude is poor and disciplinary record is poor to say the least ! They need a big kick up the bum

Guest fromacrossthewater

No disrespect to the manager and I am sure he will develop into a good one eventually but the step up from under 18's has clearly been to great. Yes he has got a team out playing(or on the field) every week, which for a team that is losing every week is a struggle i'm sure but the players he has do not respect him and think they are better than they are.

Guest Peppermint

Why all the anomosity towards Millbrook - they do not seem a very popular club on this Forum. Wnenever I have visited their ground there's always been a welcome.

Is it just the clubs in that area that do not like them - local rivalry etc!

Guest Peppermint

Trawling through the archives of the Forum I notice a number of postings from Keano - I presume that is the gentleman in question!

Thanks for the posting - it is interesting to read some of Keano's postings and then it is reasonably clear that he has upset a few people in the area especially.

keep going on about that cup final and live in the past!!!

millbrook had a clear pen not givin keeper should of been gone and a goal disallowed and also had a man sent of!!

ref must not of liked millbrook!! bude your boring me with constant refrences to that game in all different topics.

The actual topic 'Bude' is 'Millbrook to Finish Bottom?'.....which if they keep losing games will happen. Vospers seem to be improving as do Wendron.

Well others were going on about the manager so i just added mt opinion, thats what a forums for aint it? And yes i think they will finish bottom but thats my opinion.

you were obviously watching a different game! and granted dnaes comments were out of order and pressure on us but u clearly had your beer goggles on (Y)

your wonder boy wasnt wonderful either.

I was watching a different game? i wasnt watching, i was playing and scored muself haha and to me you are very stupid in saying you had any chance in that game because you didnt. And you say our wonder boy wasnt wonderful either?? By saying that i believe you are referring to Billy Hopcroft and if so then your comments are even more rubbish then i thought because Billy scored a hat trick and got man of the match! Now whos watching a different game.

good job else it would have been 10 or 11...keanes comments were out of order shows really good management putting pressure on your own players before a cup final!!!they will finish close to the bottom the way they are going

yes beaves by the sound of it 5-1 flattered us (Bude) haha should have drunk on the way as well as the way back haha! wat a day it was!

Just for the record.....Bere Alston haven't got a U10's !!

But we are in the ECPL Premier and could well be playing Millbrook next season at this rate, providing we can start scoring some goals and stop losing games 1-0 which we have had every chance of winning.

We also have a very good U18 team this season that will give Millbrook's U18's a run for their money along with Elburton Villa's U18's.

On the subject of whether Millbrook can turn things around, it was always going to be difficult for Dane with little or no budget and having to bring in virtually a complete new squad of players.

Millbrook's U18's don't all play for their SWPL side and there was always doubts as to whether they would be able to stand up to senior football week in week out.

My advice to Dane, for what it's worth, is get your defence sorted out, instill a work ethic whereby you have eleven players who will work their socks off for the shirt, making it hard for your opponents to break you down, and harder to score against.

If your current squad is not up to scratch in terms of competing with teams going forward, make yourself harder to beat by getting eleven players behind the ball when possesion is lost, close down the opposition and force them to play quicker, when they will hopefully make mistakes and give the ball away.

If you can go into games confident that you aren't likely to concede too many goals it gives you a basis to work from. Concentrate on holding onto the one point you start with before you start thinking about going for the three points and getting carved open at the back.

Providing the board at Millbrook are patient and prepared for things to get worse before they get better, rahter than keep changing the squad and having a conveyer belt of mediocre players playing one or two games and leaving...Stick with a reliable number of players who will only improve if they are allowed to play a significant number of games regardless of results and learn from the experience. that way they can bounce back even if it means going into the ECPL.

Ive read a few of the reply's now and feel i must add, that this is not last years U18s, they are all still playing U18s and only one from last years team is playing for the so called first team. I dont think they will end up bottom as i believe they have a few decent players. However, i do believe they need to gel and play for each other and enjoy their football which they are obviously not doing at present and also stop trying to kick everyone of the pitch and play the beautiful game as it was meant to be played. Good luck to the U18s.

Guest slimjim

Reading with interest comments regarding the current Millbrook manager quite rightly he is getting some stick especialy for his rather naive posts last season slating the Torpoint and Bude U18 sides!

To be fair as with all managers he is prepared to put the time in and make a big personal commitment in running a side so I do feel for him just a little bit!!

It is sad to see a club like Millbrook struggling on the field and must be especially sad for former managers such as Mark Jones and the Ian Stephens and Gary Tiffany partnership as I am sure they will still look back on their time there with some fondness.

As for their current U18's at Millbrook I really dont think there will be a team to touch them in their league despite the optimisim shown by the Bere Alston Manager!

I have seen them three times this season and liked the look of the boy Young he is a bit cocky and gobby but seems to know where the net is. Was really impressed with two of their midfielders Mc Shane and Whitsun they look like promising lads does anybody know if they play senior football ?

As for the Bude player Hopcraft he is class and Bude were the better team by far in the County final last season! :smiley20:

Slimjim,

I'm not manager of Bere Alston U18's, I am the manager of the 1st team in the ECPL.

However, our U18's are mostly still 16 so are one year behind most of the lads at Millbrook and Elburton and whereas they are a match for both these sides in terms of technique I think both Millbrook and especially Elburton are stronger physically and this could well be the difference this season.

Lewis Young is indeed a fine prospect, very quick with two good feet and an eye for goal and yes he is a bit cocky but playing at Plymouth Parkway under the guidance of the likes of Dave Leonard and Dan Cole will benefit him

Ryan McShane currently plays for Plymstock United in SWPL Div One West and Matt Whitson plays for me at Bere Alston United, but has mostly been used as a sub.

I also coached both of these lads a few years ago at the Elite Development Centre in Plymouth and whilst they are both talented young lads, they maybe lack a little physically just at the moment, but of course they have plenty of years ahead of them.

Billy Hopcroft is also a very good player, however, I think the best young player at Bude is their Centre Half Liam Sandercock a classy defender who can play a bit (aka Rio Ferdinand)...was interesting Exeter city at the back end of last season.

Yes Slimjim I always look for the Millbrook result as when Ian and myself were there we had no stars just a very hard working bunch of good lads who finished 10th in the old SWL and were very unlucky in the semi final of the CSC ,great bunch of people at Millbrook but it really was a big gamble taking on a manager with very little experience and from what I am reading every week a terrible disciplinary record for the club.

So yes slimjim a real pity and I can not see it being turned around.

Guest slimjim

Gary,

I always detected that the negative comments made by you regarding Milbrook were made with air of frustration and perhaps regret to see the club struggling!! Would you consider going back there as Number 1 and sorting it out!! Im sure you would entice a few quality signings to go with you!!??

Coach KT

Thanks for the info im sure the lads mentioned will grow physically seen their names in the papers taking pludits for their college side think ill keep an eye on them for a few of my mates managing sides!! :ninja::c: .

The actual topic 'Bude' is 'Millbrook to Finish Bottom?'.....which if they keep losing games will happen. Vospers seem to be improving as do Wendron.

Well others were going on about the manager so i just added mt opinion, thats what a forums for aint it? And yes i think they will finish bottom but thats my opinion.

you were obviously watching a different game! and granted dnaes comments were out of order and pressure on us but u clearly had your beer goggles on (Y)

your wonder boy wasnt wonderful either.

I was watching a different game? i wasnt watching, i was playing and scored muself haha and to me you are very stupid in saying you had any chance in that game because you didnt. And you say our wonder boy wasnt wonderful either?? By saying that i believe you are referring to Billy Hopcroft and if so then your comments are even more rubbish then i thought because Billy scored a hat trick and got man of the match! Now whos watching a different game.

good job else it would have been 10 or 11...keanes comments were out of order shows really good management putting pressure on your own players before a cup final!!!they will finish close to the bottom the way they are going

yes beaves by the sound of it 5-1 flattered us (Bude) haha should have drunk on the way as well as the way back haha! wat a day it was!

indeed i am not mark c as foz so kindly narrowed it down and i hold my hands up if i was wrong maybe i was thinking of a different kid then but tbh when your getting dicked unfairly u dont really take notice of whats going on around you! you were a good side but your keeper came storming out knee hieght at my leg which the ref said was a red if id gone down so whby not give it anyway and the pen? and i had a goal dissallowed for offside when i ran across a player, in a way im sort of making excuses but at the times these things happened could of given us momentum or changed the game like the sending off at beg of 2nd half which was a harsh one all he did was clip him

Slimjim,

I'm not manager of Bere Alston U18's, I am the manager of the 1st team in the ECPL.

However, our U18's are mostly still 16 so are one year behind most of the lads at Millbrook and Elburton and whereas they are a match for both these sides in terms of technique I think both Millbrook and especially Elburton are stronger physically and this could well be the difference this season.

Lewis Young is indeed a fine prospect, very quick with two good feet and an eye for goal and yes he is a bit cocky but playing at Plymouth Parkway under the guidance of the likes of Dave Leonard and Dan Cole will benefit him

Ryan McShane currently plays for Plymstock United in SWPL Div One West and Matt Whitson plays for me at Bere Alston United, but has mostly been used as a sub.

I also coached both of these lads a few years ago at the Elite Development Centre in Plymouth and whilst they are both talented young lads, they maybe lack a little physically just at the moment, but of course they have plenty of years ahead of them.

Billy Hopcroft is also a very good player, however, I think the best young player at Bude is their Centre Half Liam Sandercock a classy defender who can play a bit (aka Rio Ferdinand)...was interesting Exeter city at the back end of last season.

ryan hammond also plays for parkway, matt bettison left millbrook, jamie walton gould doesnt want to play for millbrook and ryan hargreaves plays for roborough also new left back whos the best ive ever seen callum martindale chose to go buckfastliegh with troy hill in swd1 east. this has all cause an upset with dane who wanted us all to sign for him so he could use us but we chose not to.

Guest slimjim

Mark C

I was wondering why talented players like Young, Whitson and Mc Shane and others didnt play for their senior side perhaps now I know why.

Torpoint Imp,

Sorry,

Wasnt for one moment trying to get your assistant manager to go to Milbrook Im not attached to any club just like going around the County watching senior and youth games and now and again passing on a couple of names to clubs who like to give youth a chance. But youve got to agree experience is needed at Millbrook along with someone who could bring in players good enough to keep them up!?? :drink:

Guest heavy_kev

JAMES DONNALON - FAT AND UNFIT

CONNERS - POOR 11 A S IDE PLAYER ALSO UNFIT AND LAZY

JOE KNIGHT - HASNT MANAGED TO SCORE THIS SEASON AFTER PLAYING AROUND 14 GAMES, MUST BE A GOOD STRIKER THEN ??

TOM COLE - DECENT PLAYER, NO DISCIPLINE

MATT BETTUISON - GASH, WORST BARNET

Guest fromacrossthewater

I agree with coachkt, millbrook have to sort out their defence. 58 goals conceeded in 14 games has to be some sort of record. Millbrook must be thinking about how committed their players really are and if the manager really is the answer. I just hope it's not to late to save the season. Would be a real shame if the club got relegated although maybe the players / manager should have a few seasons in the p&d or lower to gain some experience/work effort and maturity.

Guest ajlongcallington

It is disappointing to see all the negative criticism of Millbrook - having been there yesterday I would say that they do have the potential to haul themselves out of the position they are currently in. They gave us a real battle, especially in the second half, and the result was in doubt until the penalty later on.

A big thanks to the officers of the club, but a plea to the local population to come and support your club!! The actual attendance was down mainly to the visiting Cally gang and it is sad to see so few there.

I noticed that one of the comments mentioned that Millbrook had floodlights - just remember though that the replacement bulbs cost £100 each!!

I wish them luck for the rest of the season. Well done to our lads and lets see this continue at Wendron on Saturday!!

Guest crosser

I noticed that one of the comments mentioned that Millbrook had floodlights - just remember though that the replacement bulbs cost £100 each!!

if memory serves me right i think millbrook have been caught out by that before

could just be an urban myth though

was a good result.....most of us are in shock :D remember one swallow doesn't make a summer!!

I can see why you would be in shock, because from the outside it proberly looks like we have a very poor team but no-one at the football club are shocked by this result. As someone who is a close observer of the club, I have to say the current manager is building a good side. There a very hard working group of players. The work rate yesterday was off the scale. It has to be said the manager is starting to get the best out of this group of players.

I can’t understand the criticism that Millbrook and in particular the manager is getting on these boards, he has only been in the job since the summer and had to build a brand new squad with no budget (im led to believe) and I for one think he's doing an excellent job.

Your right, one swallow does not make a summer, but the improvement week on week has been there for all to see.

Guest The Old Man

"Millbrook Follower" you wouldn't happen to be KEANO in disguise by any chance? :clapper:

Seriously though, that was a great result yesterday...well done Millbrook and Mr Keane :smiley20:

Guest crosser

I can’t understand the criticism that Millbrook and in particular the manager is getting on these boards, he has only been in the job since the summer and had to build a brand new squad with no budget (im led to believe) and I for one think he's doing an excellent job.

If you read post 13 and 14 of this topic your not the only one can't understand the criticism of millbrook, however if you read most of keano's post on this forum you will find he hasn't endeared himself to many. I would like to see a kind of successful millbrook side just so the local derby returns.

Guest fromacrossthewater

Millbrook Follower.......if you aren't Keano or Dane or whoever then I would have thought you would have known him seeing as only a handful (if that) of people watch the home games.. Seriously though well done to Millbrook and I hope they stay up.