Cornwall Football Forum

Expensive 5 mins for newquay ref

Just spoken to Devil who says he was taking his grandson to St Michaels Church for the rememberance day service,He was apparently booked along with many more attending the service.

If this is correct Restormal council should hold their heads in shame and have the decency to cancel the tickets,

Guest philglossop

As a Civil Enforcement Officer (our title since 31 March 2008- from the old Parking Attendants) and as I worked today here in Plymouth- we made the following decisions.

1- We went nowhere near the Hoe this morning (unless under instruction from the Police).

2- We didn't issue from 1055am to 1110am.

If he's been issued with a Penalty Charge Notice, he can appeal as per the back of a ticket. If it's regarding a rememberance service, was he parked on double yellow lines/resident parking area etc? Just because its a rememberance service the traffic regulation orders have to be followed (as per the guidelines).

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but the above are fact.

Guest Peppermint

I think Devil needed to buy chewing gum for medical reasons now he has given up smoking. Then he should have the ticket cancelled but knowing Restormel Council anything could happen.

If has Bazzer says Traffic Enforcement Officers were booking people that attended the Remembrance Day Service then they should be ashamed of themselves.

Hopefully -as Zebedee says - Devil can talk his way out of it!!!!

Guest Sport Lover

Common sense is going out of the window. Its my belief the new traffic enforcement officers are on commission as I saw the job advertised down West for the same position. Nothing to do with the law should be commission based. Simple as.

Guest philglossop

Commission? Common mistake.

CEO's across most of England are council employees (the only private organisations left are 1 or 2 London Boroughs, Stockport Met Boro Council and perhaps Manchester).

Maybe you'd like to come out for a day on beat with me? You'll have to be prepared to walk about 9 miles on a normal beat and to be swore at, physically attacked (even if you are only asking someone to move on), and liase with the police/CCTV on an hourly basis.

PS if your lucky it may even be a dry day...........

PS- statute law is still law, set by the Department of Transport.

Dont do the job if you dont like pal, you guys really do annoy me !! I used to park on the pavement outside my house as the road and houses were built before cars really were around like they are now and there simply is not enough room, thanks to you guys i had in excess of 15 tickets in approx 4 month period. If I ever catch one of you putting one on lets just say you would be speaking to the police, to give them a statement :D . A bit of common sense is sometimes required. I was doing no one no harm and would always move the car on request. Of course none of us have water,council, electric, bills etc to pay and have nothing better then to pay these things !!! Rant over

Ever since Civil Enforcement came onboard,the Police do not want to get involved in this minor issue as far as they are concerned.

The current enforcement is carried out on major traffic routes in the first instance and thereafter agreed routes but only during the daytime hours.CEO's do not work in the evenings/overnight,i understand,and as the Police prefer to drive past rather than get out of their cars,indiscriminate parking out of these hours seems to be accepted by the powers that be.

Guest philglossop

The only things police will do with regards to parking are as follows now

1- Obstruction (but trust me they don't want to do it)

2- Parking on a crossing (we can issue but if the police stop their fine overtakes ours and involves a fine and penalty points)

As for working hours, no idea about Cornwall, but we work on a rolling 24 hr rota - hence why I'm typing now at home rather than being at work.

I love the title. Sounds all important. Can anyone tell me just what a police officer does these days. All I ever see around my area is a couple of plastic cops who hang around outside the local primary school. don't seem to have any powers though. Ah well such is life.

ECPL what utter s------- 'what do police officers do these days' Tell you what if your so concerned join the job and see for yourself. I was in the Police for 27 years and dealt with things and witnessed things that would make your hair stand on end. I moved to Cyprus nearly 4 years ago to get away from the likes of you with your snide comments. There had my rant too

I'm sorry, but yellow lines are in place for a reason! If everyone ignored them, then the roads would be blocked.

I'm sure we've all stopped on lines to nip in to a shop to get something and got away with it, but only moan when we've been caught.

It's just a shame there aren't more CEO's as I've seen many people parking on yellows, and those stupid Smart car things parking nose to the pavement over the white line which should all be booked.

I just wish someone would enforce parking within 15 yards of a junction!

Guest Sport Lover

Is 15 yards the same as 10 metres, cos the rule is 10 metres from a junction.

I got nothing to do tonight so I looked up about cars parking nose to the curb and it says a vehicle should be parked parallel to the curb. Doesnt mean you cant park nose to the curb thats my guess, along as your parked in a bay and not blocking the road.

There is an argument going on in Camborne about a few parking tickets handed out for illegal parking in designated bays. The bays were measured and to be the wrong size.

Park illegally and you take a risk.

No, what I meant was the rest of the cars are parked parallel, but these Smart car owners find the small gap where any other car couldn't get into, and park with part of the back wheels and rear end sticking out, which is technically over the lines. I'm sure our resident CEO knows what I'm on about.

Personally, I'd love to stick a car tight either side of a smart so that they can't get in either driver or passenger doors. :)

car_park_wideweb__430x240.jpg