Cornwall Football Forum

Guest ECPL Supporter

He certainly has mate. It's interesting actually that last years Cup Final was mentioned as the only 'Ringers' used were by Tamarside and they went on to beat us. We didn't complain and as you said they again brought players in against Godolphin resulting in us winning the league- cheers easy- so take the rough with the smooth and get on with it. League's aren't won over 1 or 2 games, (although they help) they're won over a season

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Lads ringers are only ringers when they step down to junior football! Clubs like ours have 1st and 2nd teams that both play senior football so can utilse 40 or so players. My team play in the duchy prem and do not ask or need senior players as i have a squad of 20 that play for me only!!

As for kitbag, im in disbelief and will be taking 6 points off him(get your facts right)!!!!!

ecpl supporter - im unsure of names, but i remember it happening. may not have been cup final but im pretty sure it was. the point is its wrong, and in a way i disagree with tafcgaffa aswell, i think if players are coming from peninsula teams to play for ecpl games to help them out that is also wrong despite them both being senior teams. if a player is injured and comes back via the 2nd team for a few games 1st, then fair enough, but when a lot of players coming in to make a difference then its cheating.but there are a lot of players who are loyal to their team as opposed to their club and just want to play for.

also ecpl supporter, leagues are won over a season, but in many cases its the big head to heads that count and make a difference no matter the level of football, and if this is when ringers are brought in, then yes it does cost leagues.

ecpl supporter - im unsure of names, but i remember it happening. may not have been cup final but im pretty sure it was. the point is its wrong, and in a way i disagree with tafcgaffa aswell, i think if players are coming from peninsula teams to play for ecpl games to help them out that is also wrong despite them both being senior teams. if a player is injured and comes back via the 2nd team for a few games 1st, then fair enough, but when a lot of players coming in to make a difference then its cheating.but there are a lot of players who are loyal to their team as opposed to their club and just want to play for.

also ecpl supporter, leagues are won over a season, but in many cases its the big head to heads that count and make a difference no matter the level of football, and if this is when ringers are brought in, then yes it does cost leagues.

Guest ECPL Supporter

Bigdawg- I'll tell you the names of the players that played in the final and you tell me me the Peninsula Player then. Chappy, Willsy, Rog Collins, Tom Jones, Liam, Sheps, Wayne Jago, Menners, Kersh and Deano??? The thing with Torpoint is, they are run properly, the 2nd team supports the 1st team. When a 1st team player needs games he plays for the 2nd team, when the 1st team are short they use the 2nd team players, if the 2nd team need players they can borrow from the 1st team. it's the correct way a club should be done. If any player doesn't like it, then it's simple, get in the 1st team and you won't need to worry

ecpl - as i said i dont know any names, and im not overly bothered about it either to be honest, i just know tom hall played pretty much every game that season then was bombed for the cup final, who for i dont know, but i heard it was a player who hadnt played much that season. if im wrong then my bad, but its funny how a few people on here has heard the same story...

i agree torpoint is run well and everyone seems to understand their position, (until players are taken from their teams without their managers knowledge hey tafcgaffa), i know that winds certain people up. But take you for example, u play for torpoint every week, u have no real intentions of playing for the 1st team, u just enjoy playing for that team - so if u got dropped so a better player from the 1sts can play a big game to help get a result ud be p*****d off yeah? that is my point. im not saying here that this is what happens at torpoint, but it does happen in football and i dont agree with it. I also said, that if a player comes in for a few games to help them get match fitness or whatever then thats fair enough, but when they are speciffically brought in to make a difference to a team then its wrong.

Guest ECPL Supporter

Tom Hall did play a lot of games that season, as did everyone in the squad. He was dropped in the final which must have been gutting but only for someone who was in the squad all season. Unfortunately the manager can only pick 11 to start and we had a squad of 15. I have been dropped for players coming in before and although i hated it at the time was mature enough to realise the decision was made for the benefit of the club, and the club is far more important than any 1 individual.

ecpl supporter - u r obviously more understanding than most. i could take being dropped for somebody else in the same squad, benefit of the club and all that, but i personally wouldnt accept it being dropped for someone from a higher standard just for a big game. as far as the tom hall situation goes, if that was the case then fair enough, its just what i heard, but it is a common problem which most people on here thinks needs sorting. maybe at junior level more importantly

Guest ECPL Supporter

No one is guaranteed a starting place in any game mate- if they are there's something wrong and everyone at some point goes through a bad patch when they'll be dropped no matter who it's for. No one likes it but maybe players should look at their own game sometimes rather than take the easy option and blame everyone else. As for the 'Ringers' as you like to call them, it's an argument that's been going on for years. Anyway how's your preperation going for the big one sat? That game will be won in Midfield i reckon!!!

• 3 months later...
Guest tafc.-gaffa

i was talking to st teaths keeper yesterday after the game where i asked why he didnt play against us a few weeks ago, he replied that he was in fact the 'usual' keeper but another keeper (who was excellant) was called in. It dissapoints me that teams bring in 'ringers' from a higher level for big games, it must annoy the players who are being left out, and in my opinion its basically cheating.

Any opinions?

i would go mad if i was left out of the team for a player coming in from a higher level just for a big game, however apparently some of the st teath players were said to be dissapointed these players werent brought in yesterday either. the sad thing is, they are a good side, and the keeper is good as well so why not trust them. there must be something which can be done, as someone said, you could sign for a team, not a club. it happens way to much, i remember a few years ago it nearly cost us the league as polperro who were struggling in our division brought pretty much their whole 1st team down and they beat us 1-0. luckily it didnt cost us but if we didnt win the league because of that result it would have been ridiculous.

Bigdawg and his Edgcumbe side brought in 3 RINGERS today from the ECPL so everything he has posted on here is a joke!!!!!!!

Its a shame a good team like Edgcumbe have to do that as in his words its "CHEATING"!!!!!!

The rest of the teams in Duchy Premier that have used their own players only and not drafting in ringers take a pat on the back and for those who havent and "CHEATED" then i hope at the end of the season you can look at your achievments and know it was through "CHEATING" and not using junior players to win junior trophies!!!!!!

I hate "CHEATS"!!!!!!!!!

tafc gaffa it would prob be best to know the facts before suggesting we cheat. We didnt bring in ringers to win the game, we brought in players in order to fulfill it.

No-one lost their place for them to play.

I think your just a little bit sour that your club doesnt show any support for your team, and have supported us instead in our hour of need.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Your words not mine!!!

And they were de-registered during the week so it was'nt your hour of need!!!!!

The facts are you played senior players while you had at least 1 junior player on the bench. One of the senior players scored and the other got you a 90 min pen so i would say if you had'nt played them you would of lost!!!!!

Your the one who made this topic and slated other clubs for doing it but all of a sudden its fine to do???????

Hypocrite springs to mind and as for me and my team i dont need help from anyone else,never have never will so no need to comment on my club.

id say we def woulda lost coz we would have had 9 men max!!

i still agree that clubs who bring ringers in to win the big games and by not playing their own players is wrong and shouldnt be allowed, but we are not one of those clubs. we couldnt sign another junior player (as much as carts wanted us to put the 7 days in) so it was our only option, and we didnt ask torpoint - they offered the players to us. its the 1st and hopefully the last time we'll have to do this, against st teath in the cup ealrier this season we had similar problems and our right winger went in goal so its not as if we are a club who brings in ringers!!

you knew about this sat morning anyway and said you didnt have a problem with what we were doing, and was only annoyed with your own club for offering us the players which in turn helped us win the game. it just looks like ur looking for excuses already!!!

And anyway, who says these players haven't signed for us permanantly??

Guest lynchmob

Why would the Cornish FA want to use a system that already works in kids football and else where in the country, let alone in europe. God we couldn't have that, think of all that time and effort the CFA would have to put in. Where would they possibly find the time or the money. After all we seem to get so much for our registration money let alone are fines. Call me a synic but all we seem to get from the CFA is a couple of rounds in the Junior cup, played on our pitches and with refs paid for by ourselves and suspensions and fines. Cant say as I see much of our money being ploughed back into Junior football. :angry2:

I agree with big breakfast here where is the money going ?? not into junior football !! :angry2:

I hope the CFA see this msg! i strongly agree sumthin needs to be done.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Thats funny cos Webby was ok when i saw him and your own players told me he was dropped for friday night drinking so sort your stories out!!!!

Apart from that you put Rob Grey on the bench too,to which he was upset about from what i hear. So that in my eyes is using ringers!!!

My club didnt know anything about it cos it was one individual that did this so no i am not annoyed at my club.

I wasnt ok about it, just in disbelief and had no way of stopping it.

Guest tremaynehooper

at the end of the day, people just want to play football on a sat and sunday afternoon, and i would rather be playing then not. i play for stratton and we struggle sometimes to get the 11 let alone the 13 squad and if a few mates can help you out the better.

yes i know we aint playing for much and some teams will bring in others to get the result they need but surely that will disrupt the team and give the other team more determination to get the win!

this is the beauty of football, it aint a forgone conclusion ever

Guest ECPL Supporter

Thats funny cos Webby was ok when i saw him and your own players told me he was dropped for friday night drinking so sort your stories out!!!!

Apart from that you put Rob Grey on the bench too,to which he was upset about from what i hear. So that in my eyes is using ringers!!!

My club didnt know anything about it cos it was one individual that did this so no i am not annoyed at my club.

I wasnt ok about it, just in disbelief and had no way of stopping it.

What's that about facts? Some people have got short memories. Or selective one's!!