Cornwall Football Forum

i was talking to st teaths keeper yesterday after the game where i asked why he didnt play against us a few weeks ago, he replied that he was in fact the 'usual' keeper but another keeper (who was excellant) was called in. It dissapoints me that teams bring in 'ringers' from a higher level for big games, it must annoy the players who are being left out, and in my opinion its basically cheating.

Any opinions?

It is a fact of life that teams will play ringers Bigdawg and it is frustrating.

Small things that leagues can do is submit completed team sheets of participating players to the opposite side and the referee. It doesn't stop teams playing ringers but it does make it a little harder to play the high profile player without submitting their name.

Meanwhile we have to live with it I guess.

i heard all about this yesterday a mining league 2 team who were struggling for players suddenly accuired 2 well known combination players who had no game and certainly wernt signed for forementioned mining side,its about time something was done and the f.a clamped down on this,by the way this isnt sour grapes as my club wasnt involved but its happening far too often :SM_carton_y: :SM_carton_y:

:SM_carton_y: It happens everywhere,ive moaned about in the past,but what can you do?A certain team the east side of Truro who now play in Duchy 2 used quite a few in a promotion game against Roche a couple of seasons ago,that game gave the cheaters a undeserved win that gained them promotion from Roche by one point,the trouble is that the CCFA are as weak as urine

St Dennis Reserves did it to us yesterday as their firsts didn't have a game with Lee Rickard and the midfielder Brown coming in, we won 4-0 so it made no difference but having spoke to a couple of the regular reserve players during the game they were annoyed as they were unbeaten in 8 up until yesterday. Player manager Ross Tablin even sat it out to make room for their first teamers despite being one of Duchy 4's top scorers.

i would go mad if i was left out of the team for a player coming in from a higher level just for a big game, however apparently some of the st teath players were said to be dissapointed these players werent brought in yesterday either. the sad thing is, they are a good side, and the keeper is good as well so why not trust them. there must be something which can be done, as someone said, you could sign for a team, not a club. it happens way to much, i remember a few years ago it nearly cost us the league as polperro who were struggling in our division brought pretty much their whole 1st team down and they beat us 1-0. luckily it didnt cost us but if we didnt win the league because of that result it would have been ridiculous.

I remember that game against Polperro Bigdawg, actually it was 2 first teamers, plus 1 former first teamer who had been out 9 months with a broken leg. We played out of our skins against a far superior team, you were poor on the day, and we got the 3 points. Not helped by you having an absolute mare and concentrating more on kicking me than playing the game!!!!

As I remember, your keeper dropped a howler for the goal, probably deflected off a lump of sheep shit.

That's football, and sometimes you've gotta be man enough to admit that the best team on the day won.

The CCFA wont do anything about ringers, when they're making £6 a pop for reinstatements.

few yrs ago at falmouth i was 1 of 8 players "rested" for 1st teamers at the request of 1st team manager, as was his right, and culdrose beat us 2 1. Wasnt happy but at least it was our club. Should be simple, sign for one club, play for one club end of!

Gillo`s beliefs are quite right if you are doing this within a club. The CCFA should stop players signing for different clubs in different leagues,i.e.a certain Penzance SWPL player turning out for another combo team[same principle different leagues].Come on CCFA show us what you are made of. :angry2::angry2:.

biddawg or big mouth let me put you right,firstly you deserved to beat us and the score flattererd us,secondly the goal keeper who played against you was Joe Tickle.who at present is sat on the bench at bodmin.I was told he could have played against you yesterday. as our regular keeper was on a stag due and the second team keeper was on holiday then Joe played for us against you in the league game,As for the game not being a big game it was the junior cup for christ sake.The league game against you was not a big game at all there are still 15 to go.The other ringers you refer to, are who excatly,check with the league and you will see that all the lads that played against you yesterday have played all season.I will now let you know that Joe tickle will be joining us if i so wish for the remainder of the seaon ,thats my choice.I thought we all congratulated you lads yesterday on a great performance,although i will say that you where probably the worst player edgecumbe had and your center half cleared up for you on a number of occasions.Sky Blue totally agree with you and i am sure you will go all the way to the final.

AS for torpoint player i have no doubt you will cause up a lot of problems but we are not about to die just yet,Bodmin play on Friday perhaps you may face a few of Darren Gilberts boys who knows i havent decided yet.Before you boys make statements like the ones you have just posted check the facts.I really do wish all the lads at edgecumbe a great cup run ,but biddawg have some guts next time and face me at the game dont run away like the little boy you are.

kitbag, touch a nerve did we?

I personally felt both games were 'big games' between us, but in this topic i was just using this case with your team as an example to a problem in general. Which i would hope you would agree with to be fair. I have also mentioned Polperros name as well. I also felt you were gracious in defeat, as we were 2 weeks ago, and i enjoy the banter.

As for me being the worst player on saturday, i should think so! I am a centre midfielder and I have never played right back in my life but due to injuries we were short, and I would be the 1st to state how slow i am, so we anticiapated that being an area you would try to exploit but to be fair i only remember your left winger beating me once apart from balls over the top!! But then a clean sheet also says it all!!

Chin up x

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Bigdawg you really did touch a nerve!!! Obviously if kitbag was more interested in watching you than trying to hatch a plan to dig them out of a 4-0 drubbing then no wonder he needs players from other teams!!! My message to kitbag is this, you go and recruit whoever you need cos il be bringing my squad of 19 that dont play for anyone but me down to your place for 3 points nothing less!! See tou next week!

dont see anything wrong with bringing players in for big games, if its legal then whats wrong with that? thats the idea of a 1st team helping out there 2nds or 3rds, also no probs with players coming in from other teams if they havent got a game, when needs must. Ive played in loads of games against teams where players have been brought in and sometimes it helps raise your game, ive also been brought in to help other teams as is what im doing now. So that in mind good luck to all that can get a game!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Dont think you lot are getting the point! We have a team in ECP and one in the penninsula and i wouldnt dream of using their players! Firstly that is telling your own players their not good enough and secondly if you go on to win anything then its not the players that turn up every week rain or shine that can say they won it!!! BORROWING players is just a legal way of cheating but as i said before bring all you want as they wont have the passion my boys have!!!!!!

There will always be clubs who bring in better or more senior players for games. Providing they follow the rules for the leagues thats just tough. We all also know that there will be some very strange results come the back end of the season when clubs, shall we say, become more selective over their team selections.

The bigger problem is the players who play games who's names then don't appear on the team sheets. There is no way of knowing who the hell you are playing against let alone if they are who they say they are. No doub't we all know of sides that have done that before. I bet there will be many more this season who do excately that, but how do you stop that happening?

:SM_carton:

few yrs ago at falmouth i was 1 of 8 players "rested" for 1st teamers at the request of 1st team manager, as was his right, and culdrose beat us 2 1. Wasnt happy but at least it was our club. Should be simple, sign for one club, play for one club end of!

Westy told me about that Gills, sounds like it would have been quite amusing, not only did your replacements lose the game but they had a nice brown envelope given to them in front of the open mouthed 2nd team regulars. I wonder what manager would behave like that.........!?

As for playing for 2nd team 3rd teams etc, If there was something wrong with it they would have stopped it years ago. So put some sugar on those grapes and it might sweeten things up a bit!

I'm a big supporter of bringing in the rule into cornish football that you sign on for a club and your only allowed to register with 1 club for the season (unless you transfer clubs)

This would obviously stop players from other clubs turning out for midweek games at the start and end of the season.

Also it would stop the nightmare administration that occurs for teams in different leagues and the junior and senior cup as the player would be registered to the club and all the competitions they participate in.

As for the "ringers" yes senior players can play for the junior sides of your club but your still limited on the amount you can play who are re-instated.

The 1 club rule obviously is for saturday teams and players will be able to sign for another club for the sunday league (if their wives and girlfriends allow them to play twice on the weekend.....lucky buggers!!!! :D:D )

Nothing wrog with it at all, as long as the player is reinstated then anybody can play, no1 would moan if a snr team was struggling for players and borroweed a jnr player who had no game that week.

Its not a players fault that he happens to be better then other players.

So going on that basis if a player could play for a Premiership side and a Championship side, it would be fair for Steven Gerrard to turn out for Argyle because he didn't have a game - and he happens to be better than other players?!

The problem is the rules - and until they change clubs are always going to strengthen up with first team players or players from another club in order to win games. What I can't understand is why players continue to play for a club despite being dropped in order to play a senior/ first team player in order to try and win the game. This might mean that clubs are successful in the short-term, in the long-term however the well run clubs that don't strengthen up with players from a higher team tend to be more successful.

There is still a problem with the proposed one club rule. If you happen to be one of the bigger clubs who have teams at all levels what stops them loading a side. After all they would all be registered with just one club. Big advantage to the big clubs and a major disadvantage to smaller clubs.

We all know that you need to have a look to see if the side you are playing on a Sat has there other sides playing or not. If not it affords those clubs a greater choice of players let alone standards. So why can't other smaller clubs find themselves a couple of players who would be willing if required to do them a favour every now and then.

Its up to your club and your own integerity at the end of the day to police what you do.

touched a nerve bigmouth yes you did but you practically accused mr of brining ringers into the side,as i have said we played the same outfield players against you ,and the reminder of the squad including the keeper have been at the club for the last three seasons.Joe Tickle is now a part of that squad,he happens to be a squad member for Bodmin and also started the season at Camelford.He is also a very talented Jockey that takes his time during the winter months hence he is unable to committ all the time to football.

You are welcome to check all the records from the duchy league during the last couple of seasons and i can assure you that only one other player has turned out for us other than Joe tickle ,that being Paul Menhennick who was between clubs at the time moving from Wadebridge to Camelford.

We have done nothing wrong at all and where simply blown away by a better side on the day,asik the lads from borough the keeper that played on saturday ,played along with all other 10 when we defeated them in the ko cup semi last year.

As for the torpoint manager i am sure that you r squad is dedicated and will compete you have real quality i have seen them at senior level,you will face the same side on saturday.The edgecumbe manager told me on saturday that one of the palyers playing for them left Torpoint because he was dropped for a big game so a more senior player could take his place funny that.

There will always be clubs who bring in better or more senior players for games. Providing they follow the rules for the leagues thats just tough. We all also know that there will be some very strange results come the back end of the season when clubs, shall we say, become more selective over their team selections.

The bigger problem is the players who play games who's names then don't appear on the team sheets. There is no way of knowing who the hell you are playing against let alone if they are who they say they are. No doub't we all know of sides that have done that before. I bet there will be many more this season who do excately that, but how do you stop that happening?

:SM_carton:

Maybe do something like the youth leagues do with ID cards which CAN but don't need to be checked by teams if they want to? Not sure if its an idea which would be able to be put in place cheaply or quickly at the start of the season.

Kitbag, sounds like u have calmed down a bit. our manager is right, our centre half with the dodgy barnet was dropped for a cup final last year so a player from a peninsula team could play, thats my point - it obviously makes players unhappy and isnt fair at all, he had played every game in the cup run up to the final. He signed for us and has played for only us this season. Also, as i said earlier, i was only using the example of the goalkeeper to back up my comments, and i stand by them. He is a top keeper, and i can see why he is at bodmin, but in my opinion thats where he should stay unless he plays for you every game. our keeper was out ill on saturday morning - we played our right winger in goal as u may have noticed. He maybe signed on - im not accusing you of that - im just saying there should be a change in the rules to prevent players from playing for different teams. as someone said earlier you dont see gerrard pulling on an argyle shirt when the scouse dont have a game. I havent accused any of your other players o be fair.

Its good to see so many people share the same views, it clearly shows its a problem. but im sure it will never be sorted. it is also clear to see who actually does this type of thing by their posts on here.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

touched a nerve bigmouth yes you did but you practically accused mr of brining ringers into the side,as i have said we played the same outfield players against you ,and the reminder of the squad including the keeper have been at the club for the last three seasons.Joe Tickle is now a part of that squad,he happens to be a squad member for Bodmin and also started the season at Camelford.He is also a very talented Jockey that takes his time during the winter months hence he is unable to committ all the time to football.

You are welcome to check all the records from the duchy league during the last couple of seasons and i can assure you that only one other player has turned out for us other than Joe tickle ,that being Paul Menhennick who was between clubs at the time moving from Wadebridge to Camelford.

We have done nothing wrong at all and where simply blown away by a better side on the day,asik the lads from borough the keeper that played on saturday ,played along with all other 10 when we defeated them in the ko cup semi last year.

As for the torpoint manager i am sure that you r squad is dedicated and will compete you have real quality i have seen them at senior level,you will face the same side on saturday.The edgecumbe manager told me on saturday that one of the palyers playing for them left Torpoint because he was dropped for a big game so a more senior player could take his place funny that.

Think your find thats Tom Hall and that was an issue with the ECP team and the first team(penninsular) which are both senior football not junior!! It doesnt happen in my team and never will!! Il leave that to you!!

Guest cool beans

id cards would be a great thing to do like hairy dave sed . Each manager has to read the other managers card before a game quickly and ask if the player is presentand there is no lieing because they need a photto of the player the ccfa shold get there ass in gear !!!

I used to play at junior level in Cornwall and there has always been a problem with ringers. It's a curse of lower level football here in the UK. When I played football in Germany they have something called the Spielpass (Playing Permit). There'd be one for each player registered with the club and the German FA. They'd have details of the player along with a passport style photo. Before each game the referee would be given the team sheet along with the Spielpasses so he could verify those about to play were eligible to play. There was no last minute signing on as you couldn't play until the German FA had sent your Spielpass back to the club. I don't know if this or something similar could be practised by the CCFA. What do you think?

Why would the Cornish FA want to use a system that already works in kids football and else where in the country, let alone in europe. God we couldn't have that, think of all that time and effort the CFA would have to put in. Where would they possibly find the time or the money. After all we seem to get so much for our registration money let alone are fines. Call me a synic but all we seem to get from the CFA is a couple of rounds in the Junior cup, played on our pitches and with refs paid for by ourselves and suspensions and fines. Cant say as I see much of our money being ploughed back into Junior football. :angry2:

Bigdawg,i will speak to our keeper before the weekend,hopefully he took the trouble to tell you that he wasnt available for the league game,Joe tickle was and is available to us now but because of other commitments he cannot guarentee playing each week,thats why he is helping out bodmin as cover.If i so wished i could use him but as on saturday i have stayed loyal to the lad who has played for 3 seasons,he would have played against you if he wasnt on a stag due.

Joe Tickle played for me a the age of 15 in the ecpl at wadebridge and i am sure that if he could play each week then he would play at Camelford or Wadebridge but he loves playing for St Teath andturns out for the sunday side in the county cup.I dont think that playing Joe would have stopped the drubbing on Saturday,i think you will agree that we had enough chances in the first half to make the tie a lot more interesting,indeed i think you keeper did really well,not saying you didnt deserve it but we are not a club to play ringers ,i am sure that i could perswade enough senior players to the club to win this league at a canter,but what is the point.All the players at the club come within a 6 mile radius of the village,theonly exception being Darren Roose who has palyed for me at previous clubs.as a small village we cnt get any more local.

Just to add a reply Premier Sixes, Ross Tamblin was sat on the bench becuase he and assistent manager Dave Cloke decided at the start of the season they would all miss games when it was there turn. As for Lee Rickard , yes he his a first team player but was available because another player due to play was injured.

Ross and Dave decided to play Lee and wasn't forced in anyway to do so. Chris Brown was a sub because he hasn't been playing much for the first team and needed games.

The result however would have been the same had Ross and Joel who was missing played. It was a good game and Premier Sixes look the team to beat even though Saints dominated the game and deserved something the Sixes defence was immence. The only down side was when Saints lost Greenaway for 2 bookings and 2 or 3 players from Sixes cheered. Not very good sportsmanship there i am afraid.

Saints need to improve in front of goal against St Austell in 2 weeks or another defeat will be on the cards.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Just to add a reply Premier Sixes, Ross Tamblin was sat on the bench becuase he and assistent manager Dave Cloke decided at the start of the season they would all miss games when it was there turn. As for Lee Rickard , yes he his a first team player but was available because another player due to play was injured.

Ross and Dave decided to play Lee and wasn't forced in anyway to do so. Chris Brown was a sub because he hasn't been playing much for the first team and needed games.

The result however would have been the same had Ross and Joel who was missing played. It was a good game and Premier Sixes look the team to beat even though Saints dominated the game and deserved something the Sixes defence was immence. The only down side was when Saints lost Greenaway for 2 bookings and 2 or 3 players from Sixes cheered. Not very good sportsmanship there i am afraid.

Saints need to improve in front of goal against St Austell in 2 weeks or another defeat will be on the cards.

Thats not using ringers!!! Rickard is a junior footballer playing for a junior club!!!! Its when senior players drop into junior football to HELP OUT(cheat) that is the issue!!!!!

Bigdawg buy your self a dummy and stop crying like a baby !! Its legal You have no case

Seriously are people a little bit dim... Not just quoting on this message, there are quite a few on this topic, you all have really missed the point. What is basicly being pulled on is; when people are playing seniors in junior football. Also playing players from other teams under a different name that also isn't legal. When you are a second or third ect, and players are coming down from higher squads, I'm quite sure that those teams are only able to play 2 of those players per match; they aren't able to change half the squad. (But don't quote me on that).

When people like this say you have no case and stop spitting your dummy out i really suggest they get themselves a copy of the rule book before they get gobby on the forum. ( As this quote and others are just statements that your not reall syre what part is being talked about). If your team can't win without them then go and join there team as YOUR TEAM AINT GOOD ENOUGH. We all know it happens so lets join together and make sure it stops. Get some balls teams, and trust your own guys to do the bussiness for you.

Gaff Cornish New Boys

kitbag, thats good to know. But as i said i was just using it as an example for this general topic i wasnt deliberatley attempting to p**s you off, and u can see how it possibly looked from our point of view!!

Be interesting to see what happens in the next round when we play nanpean at their place as millbrook are on our pitch, and (you guessed it) nanpean 1st team dont have a game!!!

NO problem Bigdawg,no disrespect to nanpean but there first team is struggling i think and i am sure that a decent duchy side would do extremley well in that league,you will win the game i am sure.The pitch at nanpean has a lovely setting but could be wet so the game maybe delayed anyway.The nice looking surface at st teath now has returned to its usual winter state a complete bog ,looks like the torpoint game may well be off unless we have a good couple of days.Spoke to our skipper tonight who has played at Wadebridge in the old SW League he complemented you lads, on the standard of football you play,i have no doubt the result will shake us up a bit .

Could you let your assisstant manager ,{the one with the fawlty towers tach} it was a pleasure to talk to him during the game very good football man and great sporstman for both games.Just one point i think the last challenge on you was a bit naughty to say the least but i think you would agree that the ref did a great job generally.

best ref we have had all season without doubt, maybe could have got his cards out a bit earlier in the game to maybe calm things down a bit but its nice to see a ref to actually let a few tackles go. Think the tackle looked worse than it was to be fair i seen it coming which helped!!

All the lads enjoyed the refs performance to be honest i wish more would let the game flow,both sides let a few tackles go but you would expect that in a game between the top 2 sides.Hope our game survives tmrw just been on the pitch very wet but much better than this morning.Joe Tickle watching on the bench along with possible new signing Hodge from bodmin.

Why would the Cornish FA want to use a system that already works in kids football and else where in the country, let alone in europe. God we couldn't have that, think of all that time and effort the CFA would have to put in. Where would they possibly find the time or the money. After all we seem to get so much for our registration money let alone are fines. Call me a synic but all we seem to get from the CFA is a couple of rounds in the Junior cup, played on our pitches and with refs paid for by ourselves and suspensions and fines. Cant say as I see much of our money being ploughed back into Junior football. :angry2:

I agree with big breakfast here where is the money going ?? not into junior football !! :angry2:

Guest ECPL Supporter

Kitbag, sounds like u have calmed down a bit. our manager is right, our centre half with the dodgy barnet was dropped for a cup final last year so a player from a peninsula team could play, thats my point - it obviously makes players unhappy and isnt fair at all, he had played every game in the cup run up to the final. He signed for us and has played for only us this season. Also, as i said earlier, i was only using the example of the goalkeeper to back up my comments, and i stand by them. He is a top keeper, and i can see why he is at bodmin, but in my opinion thats where he should stay unless he plays for you every game. our keeper was out ill on saturday morning - we played our right winger in goal as u may have noticed. He maybe signed on - im not accusing you of that - im just saying there should be a change in the rules to prevent players from playing for different teams. as someone said earlier you dont see gerrard pulling on an argyle shirt when the scouse dont have a game. I havent accused any of your other players o be fair.

Its good to see so many people share the same views, it clearly shows its a problem. but im sure it will never be sorted. it is also clear to see who actually does this type of thing by their posts on here.

Which player from a peninsula team played in that final Bigdawg?

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Which player from a peninsula team played in that final Bigdawg?

Like many people on here mate they write incorrect facts!!! ie kitbag,bigdawg

From my time in the old South Western League this subject always cropped up from time to time, but it always seemed to be that the people doing the the whinging or moaning about so called 'Ringers' , were only jealous of the fact that the supposed better players didnt sign for their clubs. I am sure if the player had, then there would be no mention of it at all.

Tafc-gaffa no one at your club complained when the ECPL side were helped on their way to the championship last year when Tamarside beat Godolphin using Torpoint 1st team players!!!

Rules are rules and until something is changed good luck to clubs if they can sign higher league players as cover!

ECPL Supporter i am sure your dad has thoughts on 'Ringers' !! :D