Cornwall Football Forum

St Blazey 1-7 Torpoint Athletic

Funny that Torpoint were so unlucky to lose to Tavistock and its the worst Tavy have played all season or so it was said,we lost 3-2 to Ivybridge and they were really poor,or again so it was said,we beat Parkway and well you know the rest,yet today you say Blazey were usless ,do you not think Torpoint played really well then and gave Blazey no time what so ever on the ball,and some of Torpoints footballwas very good.

How about just a little bit of praise then just for a small change.

What about a Torpoint supporter coming on and telling us how good the Mill side was? Unfortunately you're unlikely to get it from a St Blazey follower. That's the way it is. Only a neutral sees the game from both sides!

As I well witnessed from the banter going on in the stand at Bodmin this afternoon :D Both side's supporters thought the opposition team on the pitch was rubbish! :(

If you must know, I was surprised about how good Torpoint were today - much improved from when I saw them at the Mill. I'm surprised they've lost as many as they have so consistency must be an issue. Very well organised in defence. As for our defence, they might as well have been at the bar. I think they were actually.

I'll probably get shouted at for criticising my own team, but I'm Blazey to the bone and we'll soon be back where we belong.

Guest The Old Man

Never understood why someone from one town should support a team from the neighbouring town :wacko:

Dan, why are you so passionate about St Blazey when you are from St Austell???

Its like someone from Plymouth supporting Exeter???

Or are you a success supporter?? Following Blazey cos of their phenomenal success of the 90's and early

2000's??? mmmmm :yahoo:

God people write some rubbish on here!!

The old man.....who are you to write about who you should support? You no sod all about Dan and how he became to support St Blazey. If only more local fans like Dan would travel everywhere to support their side. How about asking him about his trip to Crook Town or about the number of times hes come all the way down from Bradford to watch St Blazey!! If anyone was glorry hunting, he could pop along to Truro if he craved sucess!!

Or why not just moan about the fans who dont turn up to watch, crowds in th SWPL are rubbish so dont knock the ones who do turn up for gods sake!!

As for St Blazey, they went 1 up with a penalty that was never a penalty in a million years!! Woeful. St Blazey then matched Torpoint and there was nothing in it until Brimming slipped at the back leaving a simple chance for 1-1. Then 2 attempts at off side failed and it was 1-3. Then another slip and 1-4. So to Torpoint were brilliant was tosh because this is the side who lost 6-0 at home to Cullumpton the week before!! St Blazey huffed and puffed but credit (yes credit) to Torpoint who defended very well and took advantage of poor defending and a dropped catch by the luckless Andrew Key in goal. :angry:

St Blazey really are struggling, but the faithful will keep watching and singing our way to a win somewhere!!.

Guest crosser

Torpoint were brilliant was tosh because this is the side who lost 6-0 at home to Cullumpton the week before!!

Get a sense of humour man 6-0 defeat 1 week 7-1 win the next makes them brilliant in my eyes what a way to come back from that defeat lets see what blazey do next week?? lets see if they have some bouncebackability :D :D

A small message to Paul and Dan...keep supporting the mighty greens and don't listen to this ***** 'theoldman'...I think he needs to stop resorting to playground tactics to get a rise from you guys (although it probably illustrates his mental age) I have never met 2 local footballer supporters so passionate about their team so keep up the good work guys. The greens will turn it around soon.

Funny that Torpoint were so unlucky to lose to Tavistock and its the worst Tavy have played all season or so it was said,we lost 3-2 to Ivybridge and they were really poor,or again so it was said,we beat Parkway and well you know the rest,yet today you say Blazey were usless ,do you not think Torpoint played really well then and gave Blazey no time what so ever on the ball,and some of Torpoints footballwas very good.

How about just a little bit of praise then just for a small change.

They are always unlucky when they lose or as you say, may be it was the other team played better! According to some (bigdawg1 & paul) they dont think St Blazey have played a decent team (their quote not mine):thumbsup:

Well keep on supporting the club Burts, no problem with that!!

As foI not playing a good team.....I stand firmly by that!!

Yes weve been beaten but that dosnt make them brilliant.

We beat Dartmouth the other week but im sure they didnt think we were brilliant either!!

I havnt seen a team play football like St Blazey did a few years back or like Bodmin and even Saltash have in recent years!! Thats how it is. Just because a team wins, dosnt make them brilliant.

Come on Blazey!!

Never understood why someone from one town should support a team from the neighbouring town :wacko:

Or are you a success supporter?? Following Blazey cos of their phenomenal success of the 90's and early

2000's??? mmmmm :yahoo:

makes you wonder this does, doesn't it?! I'm a proud fan of local football, I've given Torpoint credit, not taken a pop at anyone, and someone comes on to attack me because I watch a team FIVE miles down the road.

If truth be told, when I was priced out of Argyle in '98, I went to watch St Austell. The standard on offer was terrible, the people unfriendly and the club stank of lack of ambition. I decided to go and watch Blazey the following week, was warmly welcomed, saw 11 players giving their all, and it was decided - Blazey fan for life. Clearly a success supporter - we just let in SEVEN at home to Torpoint, and I flippin can't wait for Dartmouth away next week. We could be playing in North Scotland for all I care - I'd find a way of getting there.

Wanna take a pop at anyone? How about the 35% of last season's supporters who are now watching Truro (a lot of them will be back by the way) or, more likely, watching re-runs of Coronation Street on Sky.

Onwards and upwards to Dartmouth in the full belief that we CAN take the points.

All the best to Bobby and co - there have been good signs of late. Yesterday was a disaster, but the results WILL come.

DanBlazey

Torpoint were not and didn't have to be that good, Blazey were that bad.

That is not bitter and twisted, that is FACT.

Sound like a sore loser to me.

What is fact is Torpoint were miles better than St Blazey.

Sometimes a team is made to look poor by the opposition.

Congratulations to Stevo and Tiffs, for turning round last weeks shocker.

Enjoyed my visit and the hospitality of the committee as usual. Nice to catch up with Harry again.

Pity some (not all) supporters can't be a bit more gracious in defeat.

Guest Postie Pidge

Never understood why someone from one town should support a team from the neighbouring town

I live in Penryn (not through choice) but will be Falmouth Town 'til I die. St Blazey and St Austell are slightly more closer than Plymouth and Exeter.

The fact remains that Blazey were abysmal, with a non existance defense and an attack that chose to cross when a shot was the prefered option.

Torpoint were not and didn't have to be that good, Blazey were that bad.

That is not bitter and twisted, that is FACT.

We will keep singing and supporting :thumbsup:

Theres nothing in your post here saying they were the better team either, other than in your last post! A team that nets 7 times must be rated better than not that good........

Need to give teams the credit they deserve and not remark on just how bad your team played. :thumbsup:

Hope things start to improve, good luck for the next game

Sorry, cant stop laughing at the tosh written on here!!

Im a St Blazey fan, I couldnt give a monkeys about Torpoint, just as im sure no one out side of St Blazey worries about us!! I no a couple Torpoint fans I see most times were up there so I have nothing against them, there just not my concern.

Ill comment on my team, Ill leave the Torpoint faithful to big themselves up.

I supose your asking us Blazey fans to talk about Torpoint as the Taxi your fans came in yesterday hasnt got back yet to give you the news!! :yahoo:

And Gary.......Twisted and bitter? Who are you to call anyone that? Ive a beautiful 8 week old Daughter and apart from a bad football result, life is very rosey, so bitter and twisted I am not!!

Now off you go and play with the traffic!! ;)

Guest bigdawg1

cornishbaggie

sounds like another sore loser from St Blazey, to go with bigdawg1 & Paul, just admit you were beaten by the better team, no matter who beats you and by what score, the other team were always lucky. :thumbsup:

im not sure what you mean by sore loser ? im not a blazey fan !!! i have only watched 1 blazey game against ivybridge at there home pitch, why would i be a sore loser because a team lost that has nothing to do with me at all,

Guest crosser

What about a Torpoint supporter coming on and telling us how good the Mill side was?

Torpoint were Brilliant! end of :thumbsup:

can i just say that my post was tounge in cheek dave asked for someone from torpoint to come on telling us how good they were!!

as one of 3-4 torpoint supporters using this site i posted but i wasn't actually at the game :o I watched the 2nd team :D:D:D:D:D :D

Guest bigdawg1

Thats it now Bigdawg1, now youve watched us your Blazey for life!! I hope you live locally!! :blink:

well afta watchn your lads against ivybridge i thought about it, then seeing the scoreline from yesterday i just don't understand how that could of happened ? can any1 fill me in on what went wrong ? whose to blame ? etc...

Dave Deacon, Banter in the stand, bit tongue in cheek from our perspective just good natured stuff, just fed up listening to the old flat caps slating our team, sure the nurse didn't know they were out. Two bad mistakes game over, thats life, the guy been very good this season so just one of those days, we created some good chances but gave ourselves a mountain to climb weve come along way from last year, we expect a few bad results along the way. Good day even if everyone else in the clubhosue except reserve team players had gone home.