Cornwall Football Forum

JACK HEEREN

Guest Chris B

Guest Helston Patriot

I have just been told that one of the greatest men i have ever met, sadly passed away yesterday.. Jack Has been an ever present figure in local football and especially Helston Athletic and was loved by soo many. A true legend who had a big heart and would do anything for his football. I first met Jack when i moved to Cornwall 14years ago where he managed Helston u10's all the way to my under 18's. I also made my 'Mens' football debute under Jack when i was 14. Jack loved Helston Football Club and feel that i am lucky to have met him. He will be sadly missed :(

I would like to pass on my best wishes to his family from Chris, Nic & little William :(

Guest helstons14

RIP Jack, a real nice guy, always had time to speak to everyone and I remember talking to him about football while I was growing up watching my Dad play. From what I have been told was also a quality player, a speedy winger who played for Holland amatuers if my information is correct. I think a youth tournament in his name would be a fitting tribute.

• 4 months later...
Guest helstonafcyouth

Helston AFC Youth wil be hosting a Mini U10 Football Tournament this summer, 'The Jack Heeren Memorial Cup '.

This hopefully will be the first of many tournaments at Helston AFC, to be held annually in the memory of Jack Heeren (the founder of youth football in Helston).

This year we have decided to concentrate on 1 age group, consisting of 8 teams. If the tournament is a success, we hope to increase the number of age groups next year, in line with development and completion of our New Pitches.

The event will take place at Kellaway Park on the 5th of July '09 , 10.30 am - 4.00 pm .