Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Combo results 1/11

Recommended Posts

Cornwall Combination League

1st November 2008

FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES (O.G. 2, Steve Kellow) 3-3 PERRANWELL (TJ Wilson, John Blundell, Steve Brewer)

Att - 76

HAYLE RESERVES (Simon Bevis, Chris Goodall 2) 3-3 RNAS CULDROSE (Jamie Thompson 2, Luke Docherty)

Att - 25

HOLMAN SC 0-4 PENZANCE RESERVES (Wade Brown 3, Gary Matthews)

Att - 37

LUDGVAN ( Wayne Wager)1-6 ILLOGAN RBL (Andy Cowper 3, Matt Calloway, Adam Calloway, Rob Bray)

Att - ???

MULLION (Chris Ensink 2, Dan Stidwell 2, Nick Slade 2) 6-2 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES (Paul Hart, Ollie Mooney)

Att - 45

PERRANPORTH (Dean Harris 2, Justin Andrew, Steve Rowson, Alex Arquati) 5-2 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES (Rob Robinson, Dan Williams)

Att - 40

PORTREATH (Alan Buckley, Jason Buckley) 2-1 WENDRON CC UNITED RESERVES (Angus Howlett)

Att - 10

ST AGNES (Jake Hills, Rid Purnell) 2-0 ST JUST

Att- 40

ST DAY (Andrew Pooley, Matt Witts) 2-2 HELSTON ATHLETIC (Neil Southall, Jason Robertson)

Att - 20

ST IVES TOWN (Darren Steadman, Andy Perkins)) 2-0 NEWQUAY RESERVES

Att - 15

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Helston Patriot

Jason Robertson with the second goal. A free kick that combined with a crap wall and poor 'keeper positioning was easy to score :D

Helston had the ball in the net twice in the first half both disallowed and 2 sitters unbelievably missed from inside the 6 yard box. But chances need to be taken to win matches and St day took thiers and never stopped batling and got the point thier work rate deserved. Barry was in fine form against his old club and kept out Penzances' Stu Reynolds a few times. Surely thought he would of signed on for PZ res team?? One club and all that?? Top player and top guy!

Ref was good but thought your Right back should of walked for the 2 footed take off that landed in Tom Sobeys chest. Never mind thats football

Best of luck for the season :c:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

St Ives 2 – 0 Newquay

Newquay succumbed to another away defeat on a cold afternoon in St Ives.

Newquay played against the elements in the first half and coped reasonably well with the St Ives attack. No fewer than ten corners resulted in some resolute defending by the Newquay back line, although Newquay had James Merrikin to thank for two excellent saves when exposed to one-on-one situations with Steadman. Steadman failed to find his shooting boots, missing no fewer than half a dozen good chances in the first half. Newquay had half chances, Matt Davis curled a free-kick which the goalkeeper turned over the bar and Orrin Crowle was unlucky not to find the back of the net after cutting inside following a run down the left wing. Tom Taylor was replaced by Matt Darwent in the first half following an injury.

Newquay hoped to press on after the break but couldn’t find a way through the solid St Ives back line. Adam Weller rose above the St Ives defence and out-jumped the St Ives goalkeeper; unfortunately his header went agonisingly over the bar. St Ives should have been ahead when a back-pass lifted off the uneven Saltings pitch (seriously) and Merrikin sliced the ball, which landed at the feet of Steadman with the goal beckoning. Unbelievably Steadman snatched at his shot, sending the ball sailing well over the crossbar of the unguarded net.

Newquay were then reduced to ten men when Jack Bevan was caught on the ankle. Bevan left the field of play and was not replaced as there were no substitutes. Newquay rallied, but with a man down it was always going to be difficult and they finally succumbed to a goal-mouth scramble that resulted in Steadman atoning for his earlier moments, looping a header into the corner of the net. Both sides continued to make chances and were denied a second half penalty each, Orrin Crowle was crudely body-checked after beating a number of defenders on the right wing and Steadman was tripped in the Newquay box. They both looked fairly easy to give, but unfortunately the referee was in a different time zone. St Ives grabbed a second late on when a counter attack left Newquay exposed - Andy Perkins smashed the ball home from close range. John Simpson came on as a late substitute and offered his wise words to Steadman to retain calm as the game petered out. Seeing is believing!

Pasty’s Man of the Match – Adam Weller.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...