Cornwall Football Forum

Mousehole Managers

Jeff has confirmed to me that they have resigned. He and his assistant, Darren Woodard, "see the decision as being in the best interests of the club.

They had already decided that this would be their last season due to growing families and for Jeff, a change in work commitments.

However, they have brought their decision forward and hope the club can appoint someone with a fresh outlook and possibly bring in a few players."

Thanks to Jeff for clarifying the situation.

Sorry to hear about Jeff and Darren leaving when I was at Foxhole last season had the pleasure of exchanging views and having a yarn about the game etc plus the fun at the end of season league presentation night etc- they did a fine job at Mousehole and they were certainly a force to be reckoned with last season as their final league position indicated .....best of luck for the future guys.

Jeff Richards has done a good job at mousehole,I think when he took over as manager the club was bottom off the combo league,he decided to put his faith in the young players,making it an exciting club for young players to join and express themselves on and off the pitch!This faith was rewarded with promotion to the highest league mousehole have ever played in.He finished the first season in the new league,3rd,above alot of clubs with bigger wages for players.

When you don't have big wages you have to rely on youth,but when the youth runs out,the only thing you can do to move a club forward is spend/increase the match budget!

Maybe the new manager will be able to find some new funds/players.I think there will be alot of local managers really keen to manage this club in the peninsula league west!Maybe ex penzance manager's Mccalum or George or Simpson,maybe Robert Flack or St.just manager Curnow!!!!!!!!!!