Cornwall Football Forum

Re Craig Firth

Guest pitch invader

Guest pitch invader

RE craig Firth?

WHY?

Was was the whole thread taken off what is supposed to be the main discussion site without any notice?

WHY?

Is it that the moderators can take off their own thread because they can't be bothered to get into a discussion? Surely the best course of action would have been just not put any more on the thread, But it was started and questions were asked and people have their own views and to take the whole thing off after the question was asked seems a bit like Big Brother

Is there any servicemen/women who would like to come on to his discussion site and let the moderators know how they feel?

Whether the cause is wrong or right these brave men and women put their life on the line for us and each other, and to have their honour demeaned in this way is nothing short of scandalous. The camaraderie the real soldiers share was obviously not felt by this individual.

I hope that as we approach poppy day, everyone will share and show the gratitude we owe to so many throughout the years. :drink::yahoo: :c:

I do not think that it was appropriate to post this subject in the first place.Most of us will have read the press and formed our own opinions about this sad matter.

Exactly the reason it was discussed between moderators as to why it should be and has been removed, there seems to be enough anger and abuse aimed at the whole situation on `facebook` and we`d prefer this forum not to be involved.

RE craig Firth?

WHY?

Was was the whole thread taken off what is supposed to be the main discussion site without any notice?

WHY?

Is it that the moderators can take off their own thread because they can't be bothered to get into a discussion? Surely the best course of action would have been just not put any more on the thread, But it was started and questions were asked and people have their own views and to take the whole thing off after the question was asked seems a bit like Big Brother

Is there any servicemen/women who would like to come on to his discussion site and let the moderators know how they feel?

Whether the cause is wrong or right these brave men and women put their life on the line for us and each other, and to have their honour demeaned in this way is nothing short of scandalous. The camaraderie the real soldiers share was obviously not felt by this individual.

I read the posts on the situation last night and decided to pull it, as some of the contibutions where close to the bone and against the term and conditions agreed when registering on the site.

As a solider, I have fought in conflict zones and think I can speak through experience.

What Craig did was wrong, he knows that and is being punished for it. I don't think a football forum is the place to be discussing it. He has a family and I'm sure they are upset by his actions.

As a result I would like to close the subject. Some might say it double standards but as you know we are pretty relaxed about postings on this site compared to other over zelous fourms you can go on. Richard Chown (Admin and Mod Team)

I hope that as we approach poppy day, everyone will share and show the gratitude we owe to so many throughout the years. :drink::yahoo::c:

I could not agree more, now more than ever, having had friends killed in both Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as those serving at this moment. Now is a great time to stand by those in times of conflict regardless of your own political views on the situation.

Help The Heros Campaign

The Poppy Appeal

RIP

Maj Matt Bacon (Iraq) 01/08/1971 – 11/09/2005

LCpl Jabron Hashmi (Afghanistan, Sangin) 23/04/82—01/07/06

SSgt Sharron Elliott (Iraq) 03/08/72 - 12/11/06

Cpl Sarah Bryant (Afghanistan) 17/12/1981 - 17/06/08

May I take this opportunity to pay my respect to the above and the rest of the true Heroes fighting for our country.

Not to be confused with those so-called heroes who paraded with bloody gold medals costing us many millions of pounds each.Time they got off their back sides and found some work.

:clapper: :clapper: Well said Chairman. I am currently in a "dustier" place and it must be remembered what ever you think of the war on terror etc many serving members feel the same. But we have no union, we have no come back, you take the pay the good and the bad. This has come about because the Goverment, we democratically elected, sent us here!!! We gave them the power to speak on our behalf. Agree or not thats living in a democracy.

I urge you all to support the POPPY APPEAL!!!!! Help the RBL continue their brilliant work. Not just to remember those above but all who were sent places, by their democratically elected goverment, in years gone by. I salute them all!!!

Guest Sport Lover

I have poppies in my shop to support the troups. I dont think we should be in Irag or Afganistan but while we are there we should all get behind the troops until they are called back home, safely fingers crossed.

i am also in a sandier place right now and i feel that the patriotism shown by the uk populace has increased massively in recent times.

But I am sure that it would show its self more, if people didn't feel that they would be frownd upon by the more outspoken politically correct element of our society.

Ditto all ofthe above.

Poppy.jpg

Ooops! Sorry for the massive poppy!! :o But that's just how much I admire our servicemen and women who get paid a LOT less than politicians, supermodels, rap "sngers" and many other almost worthless professions . Support the RBL who look after our lads and lasses when they're in need - God knows the Government won't

I must disagree with some of your comments chairman. I do wonder sometimes why you are involved in sport. The word hero's has to be taken in context and I would never compare one with another. There are hero's in all walks of life. Being an ex soldier I know what it is like to be frightened to death when caught up in combat situations. I also understand the massive dedication put in to their sport by individuals who virtually receive nothing financially but dedicate much of their youth aiming for what is sometimes an impossible dream.

Please don't mix up serving for your country with anything else. Giving the ultimate sacrifice for your comrade and your country must never be forgotten and I hope like millions of others we will all contribute by buying a poppy which will help aid the wounded and inflicted. Because successive governments won't

I didn't see the original posting but it was obviously controversial. As I said we must never confuse the word hero as there are many who deserve that accolade without being in the services.

Hi ECPL, firstly I'm not aware any of my postings have been controversial,non PC maybe, but then I come from that generation.

My objection re.the use of the word "Heroes" is when forced down our throats by Govt.and Media when referring to the 300 or so well-funded persons swanning around with Gold Medals around their necks, costing some £12Millions each from Lottery Funding, a lot of which was diverted from grassroots good causes.With the intention of putting out some 600 participants in 2012, just imagine the cost on top of that of staging it all.

My original posting was to condemn the original remarks on here about Craig Firth, for whom I have an amount of pity for a guy who has fallen from grace from a position of "Hero".

For your information I spend a lot of time and energy trying to help those who do not get the chance afforded the elite from our coffers.

i am also in a sandier place right now and i feel that the patriotism shown by the uk populace has increased massively in recent times.

But I am sure that it would show its self more, if people didn't feel that they would be frownd upon by the more outspoken politically correct element of our society.

Could not agree more.....except.... in many years of service the only person to ever thank me for my service to my country was an American air hostess on a flight for british service persons into theatre!!!!!!!

Strange don't you think??

But we get away from the piont, i never saw the original post, but know Craig, his thoughts and regrets are his own... his actions he have to live with for ever>

BUY A POPPY PLEASE

Guest Helston Patriot

My original posting was to condemn the original remarks on here about Craig Firth, for whom I have an amount of pity for a guy who has fallen from grace from a position of "Hero".

For your information I spend a lot of time and energy trying to help those who do not get the chance afforded the elite from our coffers.

I've known Craig for 13 years and thought nothing he could do would ever shock me. Craig was never a Hero, never went into any theatre and i think never left the UK while in the RM. Please don't mention Hero and Craig Firth in the same sentance. He is a Thief.. :angry:

END OF TOPIC :SM_carton: :SM_carton: