Cornwall Football Forum

best young player in duchy football

Guest goalmachine999

Guest goalmachine999

who is the best young player we have in duchy football at the moment????

Personally i think jamie tipton and carl richard will push anyone for it. two tremendous players that shouldnt be playing duchy football.

but who else do we have????

jamie kay from st breward not a bad player.

dave jefferies scores goals but not done much so far.

im sure people will agree jamie and carl have a talent not many people have in cornwall. but they are wasting it.

what do you think???

Guest goalmachine999

ames brother aint all that good they couldnt do it at the higher level.

i still tink tipton and richard would do the world of good to any team.

tiptons banned till january but whats the bet he will still come back and score at 20 by the end of the season???? and richard will be top scorer in the premier league 30+

as far as i know tipton aint signed for any one the question where is he going to play this season???

get back to me

Guest HICKERS

ames brother aint all that good they couldnt do it at the higher level.

As Manager of Bodmin Saints and having Jamie as a player just a couple of seasons ago, no chance is he better than the ames brothers

Guest goalmachine999

if they were that good they wouldnt be playing junior football. tipton was 16 hitting 27 goals at penryn in senior football. thats a record to notice. i av no doubt that the ames brothers are good but they are only playing junior. they aint known in senior football.

for example look at dave jefferies you had him for a while yeah he scored goals for you but he cant do it the senior football.

if your good enough you go up the next level.

oh and you have a great team.

Guest HICKERS

Yeah thanks and lets not forget that its a team that make good players, im going on about the ames brothers because of what they are doing for me this season after losing dj to Lanivet.

Guest goalmachine999

yeah to be fair when you play with good players then it does make you step your game up and perform better.

i wish bodmin all the best theirs only 2 unbeaten teams in your league you and st breward. of all teams st breward!!!!

so who is tipton going to play for this season?

he is a talented player

Guest HICKERS

Im not sure i bumped into him not long ago and he said he would call me when is ban had finished, but as last time when he began with us pre season he also had fines to pay at St Breward.Im sure he will be an asset to any club

Guest goalmachine999

i heard a few rumors that he has been training with penryn again and also bideford town. not sure though.

i know he threw away a chance of a trial in the summer with liecester city.

but his attitude aint all their all the time.

would he fit into your team tho??

Guest goalmachine999

i believe he got sent off in april against probus and appealed against it and got longer. i know him well hes itching to get back into it. but not signed for anyone.

but who will he go to????

Guest Frank le tank

Agree with the Big Dawg, Graeme O'neil is a Player. Played against him the past 3 seasons or so as a Boro player and gave us the run around!

Saw St Teath are winning duchy this year, knocked us out the cup last year but suprised they are challenging Torpoint and Edgcumbe this season! Long season ahead though! Would be good to see an edgcumbe promotion and re-ignite those heated encounters in East cornwall!

Guest gunniplayer

dean southcott the son of ian must be in with a good shout of potentailly being one of the best young players in the duchy league. he has only just turned 16 but he does impress me on saturday's. i think even garf would 2nd me on that

Guest gunniplayer

scary thought that he is only 16. he already does most of my running in the middle so by the time he is 18/19 he can do the running for most of our midfield which means i can enjoy a few beers on a friday nite.ha ha :yahoo:

Guest goalmachine999

its good to have young players but you cant beat expierence in your team. young players cant do it by them selfs. banned or not that dont matter pidgeon. at the end of the day its the player that pays the fine or the club wont let him play.

but yeah he needs to sort his attitude out.

Watched Jamie Kay from St Breward today, not even the best in the division, let alone the Duchy League. Plenty of ability, but lacking the right attitude. Kept tightly under wraps by Polperro's 17 year old Aaron Saunders.

However, another one not yet having a mention is Rob Spencer of Looe Reserves - on his day, unplayable at that level (Duchy 3).

Guest rui_costa

I agree, Ben Ringrose is a good player. Still has alot to learn. Dont think he has an end product of substantial quality yet.

There are very good young players around that need more experience before they can be called "the best".

• 2 weeks later...
Guest footballmad22

i have followed st. breward for many seasons now and i have seen players come and go i have also seen players improve alot one of these players being Jamie kay!! he has improved alot and with the right support on the pitch he could take st breward a long way!! i know sometimes his attitude lets him down but everyone has their moments!! Yes they may have a young team this season but they are already showing alot of potential. take our left back Dan walsh and centre back Simon yeo fair enough they may not have alot of experience in mens football but they are already outstanding players!!!

i can also tell you why jamie tipton was banned for so long he decided to take it upon himself to headbutt one of the probus players who he felt challenged him unfairly but was completely fair then when the ref called him over he told the ref to F**k off!!! if anyone does have jamie tipton in their team they will realise theirselves that he isnt that great at all. hes very greedy with the ball and hasnt quite realised that there is no " I " in TEAM!!

as for any other good players in the duchy i haven't really taken much notice but i will say one thing i agree liam ames is a very good player and should be playing at a higher level!!!!!! as he played an outstanding game last week when breward played saints.

I played in the above Probus game last season. Tempers definately flaired on both sides and with me being on the receiving end of the headbutt then I can say that I felt it completely unjustified, especially when in the first half he had elbowed one of our players and stamped on another 2. If that's a good young player I'm glad I'm away from teams like St. Breward because 1 idiot can give the whole team a bad reputation.

Guest footballmad22

i take it your referring to jamie tipton!?!?!?

id just like to say he no longer plays for st breward and i couldnt agree with you more!!! what happened to the dog????

dean southcott the son of ian must be in with a good shout of potentailly being one of the best young players in the duchy league. he has only just turned 16 but he does impress me on saturday's. i think even garf would 2nd me on that

Just read this and would agree mate, his application and atitude is spot on. Loads better than his old man ha ha ha. :D

• 2 weeks later...

in my opinion its harry rice from st anns, after join with the rest of the new signings he has proved to be invaluable, and kept jamie kay in his pocket for the whole game aginst st breward. Now with rob jinman st anns have the best centre back partnership in the league.

in my opinion its harry rice from st anns, after join with the rest of the new signings he has proved to be invaluable, and kept jamie kay in his pocket for the whole game aginst st breward. Now with rob jinman st anns have the best centre back partnership in the league.

hmmm didnt notice any youngsters when we played you. Especially your two centre backs, didnt look under 18 to me....

But i will agree that your defence is very good, The best i have seen so far.

Jamie kay in the pocket? - didnt he score?

Jamie kay is the best player i have come across in dutchy football for a few years now, with the exception of daniel pethick who used to play for us, but moved on to bigger things.

With regards to the game vs St breward (which was a good game) i feel our defence kept Kay very quiet although he scored a very good goal. I feel you have a good team for the future if you keep the harmony.

We are the suprise package with the team settling together after a complete clean out leaving only 5 players from last season.

i feel the best team we have played has been probus, with the 1st 2 game not reflecting much was we had at least 7 different players those games. But i feel this league is very close with any team beatable on their day.

In regards to bodmin saints is it true some of their players have moved up to the bodmin team above due to a re-shuffle in personel in the bodmin team in the east cornwall prem? if so surely the end of the ames brothers.

From the young manager of the year haha

Jamie Cox at Perranporth for an outfield player and are keeper Ben Mitchell would be 2 who woud be up ther!

Johnny

I'm not sure Coxy can be included in this topic now as it seems he has broken into the Perran Combo squad

Well Done Coxy

:P

• 1 month later...
Guest goalmachine999

i watched newquay v perranwell in the combo on the weekend where newquay recorded a good 1-0 win. for a player not to have played for a lond time jamie tipton made his full debut!!!!!!!! we are talking about a player whos gone from a low league team such as st breward who no ones rele knows to senior football. he was the best player on the pitch. his touch was thier, his work rate was outstanding. and ending up setting up the winning goal. tipton may have a bad attitude but when you play with ppl that are up to ur standard or better you drop to their level. look at players like jamie kay hes 18 nearly if he was rele that good he wud of already left for senior football. take adam sleep from st breward he played a hand ful of games for them last season and now hes in the first team at camelford hes 16. keep checking the reports on newquays games you will see that tipton is a key to them. if his attitude was that bad ppl wudnt want to sign him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he was a quality player on that pitch saturday. maybe you st breward boys should stop bigging urself up and take a look and a better game. you make yourselfs look like twats on here.

Nice post jamie. Dont lie its so obviously you!!! your account name doesnt post on any other topic. The only thing that is ever posted by goalmachine999 is about jamie tipton. coincidence? i think not. So sad.

And by the way you've only gone up like 3 leagues. and is there any need to slag off the standard of duchy in a duchy forum? if good players want to play for a duchy team why shouldnt they? people should play with where they want

Jamie Kay better than Jamie Tipton anyday!