Cornwall Football Forum

Plymouth Parkway vs Bude game 1/11/2008 off?

Yeah well thats what i heard from our manager today foz06 but will be made definite soon i bet and Mark C i think you'll find we have the right to cancel games due to players playing for their County and when your playing the team that is top of the league you want your best players playing for you, wouldnt you? O yeah your te guy who supported Millbrook in the County youth final, must be a bit sore from that still then having a dig at us again.

Here we go again. The same debate every season! You are not allowed to call the game off, even if you 4/5 players in the youth team (like newquay last season).Happened last year to newquay on a few occasions but clubs weren't in favour of voting in some sort of concession. It will hit all clubs in time, but no doubt the rules may change for some of them. Unlucky Bude for harevesting local young talent!!!

you do have thr ight to call games of budetown and im not just a guy who was supporting mbrook in that final i was unfortuantely one of the players so ill make amends come the next bude game for that embarrestment.

shame u rely on a 17 year old who dont get me wrong is a good player but shows ur team depth doesnt it

Guest Frank le tank

When players are away for work purposes or special occasions does this mean we can cancel the match? I think not........... Sign some more players is the word on the street. :c:

i understand your predicament bude but is this not a bit late in the day to be calling a game off.............. 10 DAYS AWAY at the time of my post!

plus if ecpl doesn't know by the time he gets told it'll be another day at least before we at parkway know.

I think i remember somethin about givin 6 weeks notice, or somethin like that if you want to call a game off for other reasons, maybe wrong tho.

hope the game doesn't get called off, like foz said, 2 weeks without a game before are devon cup third round tie....not the best preperation

I had know idea this was called the ECPL Youth League. Parkway have 3 playing for Devon and still played their league match but Bude somehow manage to get the game called off because they are supposed to have 3 playing for Cornwall Youth.

YES!!!!!!!!! The game is OFF

Parkway are now at home to Nanpean Rovers on 1st November

I had know idea this was called the ECPL Youth League. Parkway have 3 playing for Devon and still played their league match but Bude somehow manage to get the game called off because they are supposed to have 3 playing for Cornwall Youth.

YES!!!!!!!!! The game is OFF

Parkway are now at home to Nanpean Rovers on 1st November

Quality!!!Clearly Bude are scared of playing us without their 'stars'!!! :D

:SM_carton: Foz - you will find that most Cornish clubs do it - even the senior ones who have two missing - and they may have only been subs during the season. The strange part is - hope the County never pick your keeper and no one else - that would cause a panic. :D

I totally agree!!Was just making light of the situation....the lads at bude are clearly good players hence why they are playing for Cornwall, but in my opinion it shows to me that the management may not have as much faith in the other players at the club, hence why the game has been cancelled! Obviously in the big games you want your better players playing, but if they were to be injured or suspended throughout the season, they cant cancel the game then, they will just have to play the game with what they have! As you know, we had 3 players playing for Devon Youth on saturday and are manager had enough belief in the other members of the squad to go out and do a job, which we did!!

Besides, a good thing that has came out of it is that we have a competitive game a week before our Devon Cup game against Clyst Valley, Nanpean at home!!Ideal!

I was informed today that there is a Devon Youth Match on the 1/11/2008 also and we PARKWAY were still willing to play the game even though 3 of our players will be with Devon Youth that day!!

This just goes to prove my earlier point.....a team has a Squad....Bude clearly dont think much of there other players if they need to cancel the game!!

Regret I have to agree with foz06 on this one.It is a farce to call off a senior game because of youth fixtures.ALL teams are minus several players for almost every game due to injuries/supensions etc.and must deal with it.Time to stop this farcical situation.

And yes,in the past we have done it and I disagreed with it then!

I was unaware that you were allowed to call off senior games due to county youth players having a game. Maybe that is the case in the lower levels of senior football football but it is definately not the case in the top levels SWPL and old south western league as Newquay played without 4/5 players on a few occasions 2 seasons ago and it cost them!!

If you dont like it maybe you should stop playing against the cornish teams in the ECL and go back into the Devon league where u belong.

if your going to comment like that which others have done over the years dont comment at all its boring and your jealous cause parkway are doing well in that league.