Cornwall Football Forum

Mining two, who's in with a good chance of the title

Guest Benny4

early days yet, who's looking good??

Chacewater are looking strong coming up from div 3, being a chace player tho i feel we need a couple of seaons in mining 2 before stepping up to mining 1

Guest chinner

as manager of holmans 3rd in mining 2 i believe its a very open league this year with some strong sides in it,having played all of the top 6 teams so far this season i would have to say chacewater our my favourites,they play some very good football and have a good mix of young and old in there team and i believe if they do go up will more than hold there own in mining1.have to mention st agnes aswell,play football the right way for me,a very good young side.

i personally can see chasewater winning the league with relative ease. Newlyn Na are a decent side also I cannot see sennen doing much to be perfectly honest as apart from beating Illogan 11-1 they haven't really done a great deal and it would not surprise me to see them drop as the season goes

• 3 weeks later...
Guest geoff jones

:D We've played nearly everyone so far in DIV 2, Chace look good but we lost 2-0 to them with 3 main players out injured, so it will be different for our home game. Sennen have acquired a new keeper this week and three young good prospects for the future, when Ollie and Jonesey are fit, we will beat anyone. We beat a good Portreath side on 15/11 4-0. I think Sennen with Chacewater will go up this season, with Newlyn a close third. :thumbsup:

As manager of sennen football club.i wholeheartedly agree with our chairman, yes we can beat anyone in our league on our day...But we can also lose to anyone on our day..my focus is to keep a team capable of doing well in this league and hopefully push for promotion,but first and foremost to keep our feet firmly on the ground.. and not get above ourselves,still a lot of work to be done.

we have a good squad of players and some good ones over the horizon,but i would rather keep a low profile and do well, rather than advertise ourselves,and put us up on a pedastal,waiting to be shot down..

there's an old saying.."what goes up..can also come down".

Norman Wood

Team Manager(sennen fc)