Cornwall Football Forum

Michael Dawson

midfield

no way!!!!!

he`s won the ball and as andy gray said his foot rolled over the ball and caught his leg, if u play footy, which i presume u do 2 be on a football forum then u know that sometimes that happens when u dont make clean contact with the ball, unfortunatly he caught sidibes leg but that happens its not a tickling contest its a football match.

very true no 9 midfield always seems to moan about tackles which i find strange being an arsenal fan when they are one of the dirtiest teams over the years!

What?

Arsenal a dirty team?

Give over!

If You go into any tackle with studs-up and you make contact then you deserve to get sent off.

Football is supposed to be a passing game not a kicking contest!

very true no 9 midfield always seems to moan about tackles which i find strange being an arsenal fan when they are one of the dirtiest teams over the years!

What?

Arsenal a dirty team?

Give over!

If You go into any tackle with studs-up and you make contact then you deserve to get sent off.

tell that to some of your players past and present!! eboue,lauren,keown,viera hardly players that never went in studs up!!keown was not only the ugliest player ever(yes that includes being uglier than even ian dowie) also has to be up there as one of the dirtiest aswell! As for the tackle midfield are you one of these amazing players than can go in for a tackle with his studs facing down???

You're missing the point.

There is hell of a difference between a hard tackle and doing what Dawson did yesterday. If studs-up was the norm - which it isn't - then the amount of injuries would be incredible. Football - when it is played as it should be - is a wonderful sight. It's not a free-for-all for thuggery.

You're missing the point.

There is hell of a difference between a hard tackle and doing what Dawson did yesterday. If studs-up was the norm - which it isn't - then the amount of injuries would be incredible. Football - when it is played as it should be - is a wonderful sight. It's not a free-for-all for thuggery.

I agree in principal to what your saying but there will always be the odd tackle that goes astray!tackling is as fine a art as say scoring goals or taking free kicks unfortunatly even with all the time they have to practice it very few pros are actually any good at tackling every game players make crude challenges some described as clever to the point of saving their team a worse fate!my point was it is nigh on impossible to slide tackle without your studs being up so there fore sometimes you are going to hit the top of the ball as oposed to the middle which is what we all aim for!

Guest stealth

His tackle today was beyond belief.

He deserved to be sent off.

What I can't understand is Andy Gray trying to defend a tackle that could have ended another players career.

TELL NORMAN HUNTER THAT

His tackle today was beyond belief.

He deserved to be sent off.

What I can't understand is Andy Gray trying to defend a tackle that could have ended another players career.

TELL NORMAN HUNTER THAT

Different times I'm afraid.

Hunter wouldn't last 90 minutes in today's game.

What?

Arsenal a dirty team?

Give over!

tell that to some of your players past and present!! eboue,lauren,keown,viera hardly players that never went in studs up!!keown was not only the ugliest player ever(yes that includes being uglier than even ian dowie) also has to be up there as one of the dirtiest aswell! As for the tackle midfield are you one of these amazing players than can go in for a tackle with his studs facing down???

At last, after many years of searching I have found a player that realises that 99% of tackles are made with the studs showing............top marks to you.

Someone should make the law clear. The guy wins the ball with a perfectly honest challenge, yes the other player got injured but because he went into the tackle slightly later he gets hurt and Dawson gets sent off. I get the impression if a player gets injured the other player is immediately sent off. If he jumps up in the air and is ok then nothing happens or maybe a free kick is given. Anyone who has played tha game knows that there is just a few millimetres between winning the ball fairly and being sent off