Cornwall Football Forum

ToTTENHAM

News results for spurs in the champions league

Soccerway Juande Ramos' future in doubt after Spurs lose at Stoke on Sunday - 10 hours ago

Ramos was recruited 12 months ago to steer Spurs into the Champions League, but playing in the second-tier League Championship is now the likelier prospect ...

The Canadian Press - 712 related articles »

This is on Google as well!

:lol::lol: :lol:

Guest Man on the Post

London Underground have announced that the Central Line will be closed until May. This is due to a massive points failure at Tottenham. :D

whats the difference between a triangle and tottenham?

a triangle has 3 points.

rumour has it that jose mourinho is being lined up to replace

ramos as manger of tottenham. however mourinho was quick

to quash any rumours by saying "i,m not that f**king special"

is very easy for all you plastic fans to jump on the bandwagon and have a pop at Tottenham. Ok we are struggling but i guarantee most of you lot have never even been to the club that you support or if you have, would only have been once. I know for a fact there are hell of a lot of spurs fans based in cornwall, including myself that get off our asses at the weekend and travel to support our team!!!! is very easy to criticise clubs in trouble from the armchair and comfort of relying on sky for 'your teams' coverage!!

We have more history and a bigger fan base than chelski and far more fans based in and around our city than Man united. At the end of the day we are struggling, but we wont go down and dont rely on some rich owner that the minute he decides to throw away his toy club, they will go down the pan!!!!! :clapper::clapper::clapper:

COYS :thumbsup:

FOYG :SM_carton:

is very easy for all you plastic fans to jump on the bandwagon and have a pop at Tottenham. Ok we are struggling but i guarantee most of you lot have never even been to the club that you support or if you have, would only have been once. I know for a fact there are hell of a lot of spurs fans based in cornwall, including myself that get off our asses at the weekend and travel to support our team!!!! is very easy to criticise clubs in trouble from the armchair and comfort of relying on sky for 'your teams' coverage!!

We have more history and a bigger fan base than chelski and far more fans based in and around our city than Man united. At the end of the day we are struggling, but we wont go down and dont rely on some rich owner that the minute he decides to throw away his toy club, they will go down the pan!!!!! :clapper::clapper::clapper:

Getting a bit excited, aren't you?

Guest Bushranger

Steady on !!When QPR were in league one a few years ago i was a regular visitor(from cornwall) to loftus rd,hardly missed a home game in fact,the football was poor ,playing sides like rushden,tranmere,cambridge and cheltenham(no offence to those clubs)but i kept going cos i love every minute,irrespective of what league we play in!!A couple of seasons i actually had a season ticket!So we are not all plastic fans as u suggest!I now live in australia but still get to games two or three times a year!

think this is more directed at Arsenal fans but I think it will make you laugh as well. Its certainly cheered up my back to work blues! Can’t work out what my favourite line is!

A long, long time ago,

I can still remember,

How the Carling Cup win made them smile,

And they knew this could be their chance,

To finally make that big advance,

And maybe, break the top 4 for a while.

But transfer windows made them shiver,

As Robbie Keane went off to Liver.....

Pool, and Berbs to Man U,

You can't believe it can you?

Tears of laughter we all cried,

As on Bent they have to rely,

And Frasier Campbell really tried,

The Day That Tottenham Died !

So my my kiss UEFA goodbye,

When Comoli sold the Goalie,

Well it made Levy cry,

When you play for Spurs you kiss Capello goodbye,

Soon your gonna be a Magpie,

I bet you wish you were a Magpie.

Did your players eat the poisoned food,

To let Arsenal in and spoil your mood,

If the fansite tells you so,

Do you believe in Chas n Dave,

Can their music save you from an early grave,

And can Dawson teach me how to run real slow,

Well, I knew you were set for a let down,

When the Spaniard signed the Blackburn clown,

You sacked poor Martin Jol,

And now everyone just laughs out loud,

I have long been laughing at your lack of luck,

Your delusion means I couldn't give a .....,

That to the table bottom you are stuck,

The day the Tottenham died,

I started singing........

So my my kiss UEFA goodbye,

When Comoli sold the goalie,

Well it made Levy cry,

When you play for Spurs you kiss Capello goodbye,

Soon your gonna be a Magpie,

I bet you wish you were a Magpie

is very easy for all you plastic fans to jump on the bandwagon and have a pop at Tottenham. Ok we are struggling but i guarantee most of you lot have never even been to the club that you support or if you have, would only have been once.

yea i hardly ever go to watch chelsea ha, ha, www.cornishblues.co.uk

talking of history we are making it not living in it

funny tho on the train yesterday heading to london for roma game we meet a former yid who is now working at exeter Mr Steve Perryman,

had a good chat with him about director,s of football etc and the problems at spurs, very intresting to hear points of view from ex player and someone who is very much still involved infootball

cornish-blue (talking of history we are making it not living in it)

Chelsea making history dont make me laugh, More like buying a piece of history :D

Up your arse and up your arse

Stick the blue flag up your arse

From Stamford Bridge to Upton Park

We'll stick the blue flag up your arse

Just a bit of banter fella nothing serious

We all watch our favourite teams at some stage,so that makes you a supporter.Hutchspurs comments were

backing the LOYAL supporters.Behind them at all times through think and thin,no matter what.

Chelsea.What were they before the Russian investment,nothing,struggling for 20,000 crowds.No doubt you

were still there Cornish Blue,being a blue for 35 years.Midfield,dont see the scum much,because I play

football comment.Hutchspurs point proved.

Here in Somerset we have our own THFC Members branch,and organise regular trips to home,away and

EUROPEAN games.Just had a successful one to Krakow in Poland,Berrys coach,will be running to the

Bolton game on Sunday with 70 on board,and will continue to do so for the rest of the season,and beyond

that,either in the Premiership or Championship,it dont matter.

I have been a PROUD YID FOR 50 YEARS,and had the honour of seeing the great double winning side in the

60s.My son is a proud 30 year yid supporter,from the very first second he came on to this planet,he was

blue and white.

You p-ss taking loyal supporters carry on.It does'nt matter.We are Spurs for ever,and always will be.

Thats because THFC are a big club with massive fan base,and a history better than a lot of other clubs,

who's supporters come on here to take the mick.So have your fun,but we always follow the Tottenham.

I watched the last 15 minutes of the first half & the whole of the second half & I was quite impressed how Stoke actually played.

I was led to believe they played the long ball style but from what I saw they tried to play ball into feet & only went the 'Wimbeldon' route when they needed too. They have that Delap fellow who can launch a ball from a throw in & they do have a big set of players & they use the long throw tactic very well. At times he threw the ball beyond the far post! Stoke were worthy winners in my opinion. OK so Spurs went down to 9 men after Bale was sent off in the first half, a good decision in my book. The second half saw Dawson sent off for a poorly timed challenge & he did catch his opponent high on the ankle with his studs, could have broken the lads leg!! Spurs should have no complaints about either sending off.

Spurs scored a scrappy equaliser & I cannot recall them creating any other real out & out goal scoring opportunities. Don't forget Stoke missed a second penalty & had a few other good chances albeit they were in the latter stages of the game.

Ramos cut a forlorn & lonely figure at the end. :SM_carton_y:;):unsure:

Spurs did not look like a team playing for each other too me. Some of the players did not looked interested in fighting for the cause. When any team goes down to 10 men I always fnd 90% of the time they are harder to beat & at times they make the other side look as if they are playing with 10! Not the Spurs I saw on Sunday - they were more of a lot of good players who were nervous & playing with no confidence. Too me it look as if some thought they only had to turn up to win! As we all know football is not like that. I should know being a Forest fan. :( I recall plenty of people telling me we were too good to go down & now look at us! Almost lost in the back waters of Div 1 for 3 seasons & nicking promotion last year & we are struggling again.

Not wishing to heap more misery on the loyal Spurs fans but so called big clubs have been relegated in the past & it will happen in the future, maybe not you this season but it could be! Look at Wolves, Derby, both Sheffield clubs, Leeds, it's happened to Man U, Villa and there's plenty more we could all name.

Personally I hope they pick up & start winning games & climb the table.

Be don't forget Just because they are a 'big' club it does not give them a right to stay in the Premiership.

There's always one of the fancied team who end up in a relegation dog fight & this time it might be Spurs!! :unsure:

Just watched the game somersetspur & you have to admit your team did look poor. What was the guy who was sent off think he was doing? Ok the second challenge he tried to draw out of but in europe you will not get way with that sort of thing.

Bale is a good player but his performance for me was poor. His delivery of the ball from freekicks & corners was shocking. Seems to me he is low on confidence as do quite a few of his team mates. Modric made a difference when he entered the fray but too little too late. The old reliable Ledley K looked shaky. Gomes looks like an accident waiting to happen but then pulls off a couple of really good saves to keep you in the game. I always liked the look of Lennon but tonight he was almost anonymous! It does not look good at the moment which ever way you try to look at it. Is Bent really worth £13 million?? Not on the evidence of the last 2 games I've seen.

I go back to my point in an earlier post, no side has a right to a place in the Premiership. Your boys look like a team totally void of confidence & the longer its goes without a win the worse it will get.

I felt for the Spurs fans who travelled all that way, and even the commentator said its not the easiest place to get to. They really do deserve commending for their loyalty.

Lets hope they pull things around before its too late!

Next game up for you is Bolton at home followed by the Gooners, Liverpool and then Man City.

How many points will they pick up from those 4 games?

They certainly need to beat Bolton before playing the next 3.

Cheers

Guest crosser

Yes Crosser Spurs lost 2-0 to a side 2nd in Seri A,played 30 mins with 10 men, and went 1-0 down,

because of a goal keeping blunder.

When do West Ham play their European match,because Spurs are still in EUROPE.

haha you spurs lot really are sensitive souls aren't you??

nope west ham ain't in europe so there won't be any fixtures coming up soon. am I bothered not really i'm just loving all you spurs fans pretending you ain't got problems lol and as I said in the bit you ignored if spurs are out of the bottom 3 by xmas they will have done well, so suggest you spurs supporters develop a sense of humour as there will be a lot of fun being made out of the your shower of shit down at shite hart lane

When have I ever said Spurs have no problems.Of course we have.

I agree with almost everything you say ,New Forest.Thanks for your intelligent comments.

Crosser,stick to supporting our feeder club,and enjoy another trophy less season,

Then watch your best players clear off else where.

Ferdinand x2,Lampard,Cole.Defoe,Carrick etc.Could go on all night with that list.

Spurs are in the Prem.Spurs are in Europe,and still in the other Cups as well.

So seem the season dont finish until May 2009,not Xmas.Ill wait until then.

as a spurs fan i have to agree we are shocking this year & i believe we are going down.today i thought we were the better team for the first 20mins then gomes made his mistake & that was that.after that we never looked like we were going to score a goal &we dont have anyone who looks capable of creating /scoring goals.

as for done well if we get out of the bottom 3 by x-mas,i think we would have done well if we get out of it by may!!!!

i cant see it getting any better with regards to our next 4 games & i can see us picking up 1 point max if we are lucky. :(

Guest crosser

I agree with almost everything you say ,New Forest.Thanks for your intelligent comments.

Crosser,stick to supporting our feeder club,and enjoy another trophy less season,

Ferdinand x2,Lampard,Cole.Defoe,Carrick etc.Could go on all night with that list.

haha your feeder club ok you signed some of our players after relegation (best get used to that word) as spurs and relegation could be appearing in a lot of articles this season just how many ex west ham players are left at tottenham now, I could adopt a portsmouth attitude along the lines of agent harry and how some of our players moved to your club as a stepping stone to other things, now they have got what they wanted they have left your lot right in a mess.

And please carry on with the list as it'll show what talent a Great Club can produce unlike your shower who can't produce much at the moment and all the decent players that you have sorry HAD were bought in.

Come on 5LEGS,dont get to down,mate.

If you give this lot on here a bit of meat,they will chew you to pieces.

Actually its more fun picking on the dillusional ones :thumbsup:

yeah i know things can change quickly in football.look at us in pre season & look at us now.

beating the scum would be great & could help to turn things around :thumbsup:

Guest crosser

yeah i know things can change quickly in football.look at us in pre season & look at us now.

beating the scum would be great & could help to turn things around :thumbsup:

look what you've done now somersetspur you've given him hope :o :D

i wouldn't worry about me getting chewed up.im an only spurs fan in a chelsea,arsenal,west ham & liverpool family.

i should also add i was the only one not dropped on his head at birth.i do feel sorry for them all though :D

haha your feeder club ok you signed some of our players after relegation (best get used to that word) as spurs and relegation could be appearing in a lot of articles this season just how many ex west ham players are left at tottenham now, I could adopt a portsmouth attitude along the lines of agent harry and how some of our players moved to your club as a stepping stone to other things, now they have got what they wanted they have left your lot right in a mess.

And please carry on with the list as it'll show what talent a Great Club can produce unlike your shower who can't produce much at the moment and all the decent players that you have sorry HAD were bought in.

Come on 5LEGS,dont get to down,mate.

If you give this lot on here a bit of meat,they will chew you to pieces.

Actually its more fun picking on the dillusional ones :thumbsup:

West Ham are a well renowned stepping stone club for players! If they could keep the better players they could have challanged for a cup(even if it would be the carling cup) :yahoo: :drink:

Guest crosser

West Ham are a well renowned stepping stone club for players! If they could keep the better players they could have challanged for a cup(even if it would be the carling cup) :yahoo::drink:

What like the FA cup in 2006 a cracking game of football involving two great teams :D

And as i said in this thread i'm a realist i know west ham sell their best players always have done always will. I understand that and its not an issue

Guest crosser

Then why do you take the piss out of Spurs.?

because i'm a west ham fan its what supporters do take the piss out of each other

Because we are similiar to you but,better at it.

If you say so

Make more money than you.

bigger ground more games i would expect you too

Are not in financial sh--,like you.

hmm maybe true test will come if you get relegated

Plus win an odd trophy along the way.

odd being the appropriate word and if it was all about trophies we would support utd, chelsea etc

Play in European competitions.

not next season :D

So you sit there and criticise.

yep i'm enjoying you lot squirm

Sad little person Crosser,jealous.?

sad no i'm a happy go lucky sort of chap, little person you've never seen me have you :D jealous haha jealous of what??

i'm on holiday now for the next 10 days who knows you might have another point by the time i come back :P:P :P

Going back to the Stoke match, the poor old goalkeeper knocked out two of his own players and a number of us have seen the replay of the penalty and the Stoke player relaxed his hips and his legs and was almost down before any contact was even made. I thought Spurs were a little unlucky because aAny team facing 9 players and especially against the tough guys of Stoke were going to play the ball around a bit and look good. Spurs may well go down but I think Stoke will be certainty

As far as the match in Italy is concerned I couldn't believe the performance of Bale. If I was a FIFA Rep I would look deeply into the way he played. It has to be one of the worst individual games I have seen any player make.

The confidence is very, very low and another sending off didn't help matters either. What if Bent had scored and not headed into the hands of the goalkeeper. It's the same for Udinessi second goal. A simple cross into the penalty area would have sufficed but the guy takes on one to many players and Spurs are left stranded up field.

There must be something wrong internally and I'm not sure whether Ramos or any other manager can do anything about it until January. I think Ramos knows whats going on behind the scenes and until he can get rid of the trash and that includes Bentley then he or anyone else does have a problem. Don't forget he didn't expect when he took over that the club were going to sell the nucleous of the team. I bet he wished he never joined Spurs because the club has let him down badly.

• 2 weeks later...

Well,I must go careful not to swear or take the micheal to much about 4rsen4l,because i've been

issued a yellow card.

After constant people taking the mickey out of Spurs for there disaster at Stoke.

Will 4resn4l get the same after there result yesterday.

It was described by some people as shambolic,gutless,spineless.

Funny how fooball turns around in a week.

All of a sudden Spurs defeat the undefeated,League leaders,move up the table,and the shambolic

Goons in freefall.

Football is great.

Hope I have'nt upset anyone <_<

Hope I have'nt upset anyone <_<

You've upset me bud. Give them SHIT. If it can be dished out, it can be thrown straight back at them. :P

What a difference a week makes. Last sunday we were bottom of the league on 2 points and well and truly in the shit with the daunting prospect of Bolton battering us off the park, 4rsen4l humiliating us at the Immigrants stadium and undefeated Liverpool making light work of us at the lane.. :(

Well things didn't quite turn out that way :D , we're off the bottom of tha table :yahoo: , the foreign invaders down the road CHOKED when 4-2 up AT HOME and the whole picture is suddenly ALOT brighter for us long suffering Tottenham Supporters. :thumbsup:

Tricky tie at Man City next up for us, can the revival continue??.

Good job Coopsie and myself are keeping this forum ticking over.

It does seem to be slightly quiet on here today.

No Cornish-Blue giggling +laughing at Spurs,no St Darren and his merry band of scoucers,and least of

all the GOBBY GOONERS look to have lost thier voices. :clapper:

Where are you all.?I'm even keeping it well behaved.Lets hear all the s--t excuses for your so called

super football teams.

Maybe Cornish-Blue will mention Chelski this week seen Spurs won again.?

Is Midfield back from holiday.?I wish he would go away again,because Ive had a

great week,and so have Spurs.

COYS.

Blimey, give us chance, it's Sunday. Yes, a bad day all around for us Arsenal supporters yesterday. Although you lot still make me smile with your comments like "free fall". A little early for those kind of comments. I know why you do it, to evoke an equal and opposite reaction. Not doing that. Arsenal are not firing on all cylinders, as I have said previously, dropping points all over the shop is not Championship winning form. That's it for another year I guess. However, your win against Liverpool was useful to us (thanks!). Keeps them within reach. Still a long way to go. And as I have said before, it is not entirely surprising to me that Spurs are now climbing the table. You were never in danger of going down. Too good all round.

Arsenal will still be aiming to finish top 4 and qualify for the Champions League again. A very realistic possibility, although teams like Aston Villa and Man City are going to run it close this year.

I don't think anyone can argue that Chelsea and Man U are the best 2 teams in the league at the moment, and certainly look already to be the ones that will be fighting for the top spot in May. They are just so consistent. Liverpool were going great guns, but as always, slip up from time to time for no apparent reason. On their day, like Arsenal, they can beat anybody. On their other day, they can lose to anybody.

Spurs are not yet in the same category (here is where our opinions will differ significantly I guess). Spurs are a good-to-average team. I thought they would be even better than they have turned out to be, possibly pushing for a top 4 place this year. I was wrong. (They have taken points off Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool this season - not bad for a good-to-average team!).

I think that Levy has said Judas Rednapp will not get a lot of funds in January, so you are basically stuck with what you have got for this season. Not bad though, you will stay in the Premier League comfortably, you may get a good cup run, but you will not do terribly well in the UEFA cup. Then maybe the summer transfer market will be where Judas gets his hands on cash, and knowing him, will spend it wisely.

You do have the chance of hitting higher targets next year, and joining the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd, but you are certainly not there yet, and it will be tough.

Arsenal, as I have said before, seem more suited to the Champions League type football style than the Premier League. That is not a remark that means "Arsenal are going to win the Champions League". I hope they do, but it will be tough. The "European" style of football is not so fast and furious as the English league. We lose to Hull City, then go and stuff Porto 4 nil. We also stuff Fenerbahce on their turf. Then lose to Stoke. It is infuriating to see your club do this. But hey ho, that's football, like you say.

Enjoy your moment while you can. You will get a few more as the season goes on, but don't let it all go to your heads. Nice to see the swearing has been curtailed....Coopsie, don't encourage him mate!

Guest crosser

well how things change in 10 days or so, completely missed the news on harry's appointment only found out on the tuesday when i found out Adam's was new pompey manager.

Think its a good appointment for your lot and i'm not surprised your all so happy after picking up 7 points in the last week which would have exceeded even the most optimistic spurs fans hopes. Agree with a lot of what mangle says and it will probably be a blessing if you do not have any major funds for him to spend in january as he will have to work with what he has. One word of warning I know harry's signings of late have been pretty successful but he is prone to buying the odd shocker. and i would say the real work begins in the close season for him.