Cornwall Football Forum

will vospers get a point

Guest big daddy

Guest big daddy

ive watched vospers oak villa twice this season and they look awful, i cant really ever seeing them ever gettin a point. they dnt deserve the money they r gettin down there its a disgrace!!!

Guest Blackshirt

I think what I saw of them Yesterday it will not be long before they start getting results they looked quite strong for quite a bit of the game and when the new signings settle I believe they will start to improve.

firstly good result for wednesday today and yes I was so be gentle please.

No need to be gentle i thought you had a very good game shame about the vospers linesman doing his very best rodney beer impression(sorry rodney but he would have done you proud)

I dont think it will be long before they pick up some points they were not that bad yesterday although had the finishing been better and foxhole had a bit more luck double figures could and should have been reached!says it all that there keeper got starman in the independant!!fully deserved aswell!

we made a deal , i swapped two players who havent played for me for about a month , who only turned up when they felt like it and were generally disruptive for two players who i feel are hard working and commited players

Guest big daddy

keano sounds like u got the better deal out ov it, losein them players and gettin them 2 players from u sounds like vospers r goin backwards not forwards.... wat r the players names u hav swapped wiv vospers?

Guest big daddy

got to agree ben ferguson is crap and he is rated as 1 ov there better 1s for vospers... they shud stop there wages down there and use it nxt year.... if they get relegated wil they go in the east corwall league or p&d?

I liked the way keano said that he signed those players...it was like he signed two good players....they are both dire.....!!And by the looks of it....if things dont turn around dramatically Vospers will be going into the ECPL or P&D Premier next season!

Guest st george9

I guess some clubs must be desperate for players ? how some of the players at clubs like vospers are getting paid.i think alot it is to do with who the manager knows and not how good they are..there is a lot of quality players in the east cornwall league and duchy prem who play for nothing ,and have to say the standerd is excellent....

I think your being unfair on ben ! Very difficult to stand out and impress like some people on here want him to in a struggling team . I think a peop[le who are still playing and running down another players ability should look to get there own house in order first.

Guest The Old Man

Keano, as manager of a team in the same league as Vospers, you should have more respect than to come on here and discuss another club's predicament. Besides, Millbrook ain't exactly lighting up the league either!!!..

behave!!!

i havent discussed vospers at all !!! i mearly stated a fact in that we have swaped 2 of our players for 2 of theres!!!!! i dont see where that could be seen as dis-respectfull. I also then defended one of what is now MY players !!!!

Guest The Old Man

You stated that Ben was not going to look too good a player in a "STRUGGLING TEAM"....or am I reading chinese???... I'm sure Pete Charlick would not appreciate that!!! Surely that was as you said " Manager's should get their own house in order" ...mmmm Hypocrisy or what!!!!!

Guest ECPL Supporter

To be fair to Keano he only said they were struggling- it's not like he slated them saying they were crap or anything- it's no secret they are struggling- as are Millbrook which i'm sure Keano would be the 1st to admit and is trying to do something about it

• 2 weeks later...

donners and conners are much better than ferguson and hoblin, they got dropped from the team and spat there dummies out, keano u said donners and conners were disruptive and only turned up when they felt like it, then why did they play when they did turn up it sounds to me like your dirupting the side......

The Vospers manager is clearly trying to bring in better players to improve what is a tragic situation that the club find themselves in. James Donellon, although still relatively young has had a few clubs, and i'm sure most of these clubs would say that the guy has undoubtably got talent, but its clear to see that the lad struggles with his weight. He'll probably even admit that!! I think a VERY fit and focused "Donners" could no doubt become a very good striker in that league, but he definately requires better players around him.

As for Dan O'conner..... definately a better 5 a side player than 11 a side. Still, he's gots bags of talent and a very tricky customer with the ball at his feet. Most would probably call him a luxury player... not expected to mark players or run around chasing the ball down but drift around aimlessly and them spring into life when his own team has the ball. Not sure whether he's got the discipline to become a really good 11 a side a player and how many teams can afford to have a so called "luxury player" in their team, especially at this standard and even more so, when they are at the bottom fighting for their league status.

Both nice lads though!! :thumbsup::smiley20: :smiley20:

Could'nt agree more wiv u Mr Baptist.

Donners wen fit scores goals! Was a quality player wen younger even tho stil only 21now. Played well for saltash under cooper, but struggles wiv his weight now and is always injured! Darren Anderton sick note. fingers crossed he hasnt peaked 2soon! Funny lad tho...

Conners got bags of ability good on the ball and can score goals as well as create them! but a much better 5aside player than 11aside. Not fit enough for 90mins tho and will not track back! hes know for his nutmegs!! if ur in a relegation dog fight cant see him helping u out! more of a free role man. Good lad tho..... :yahoo: :thumbsup:

YOU SEE WOT VOSPERS HAVE SIGNED IN THE LAST 3 WEEKS DEMTRI KANAKH QUALITY FROM ST BLAZEY

3 LADS FROM MARJONS FIRST TEAM , MARK ROBOTHOM QUALITY , CHARLICKS PLAYED 5 LOST 3 DREW 1 WON 1 AND THEY HAVE ALL SIGNED BECAUSE OF THE WAY HE TREATS THEM ONLY ONE WAY FOR VOSPERS TO GO AND THATS UP KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK VOSPERS

Guest The Old Man

Big Dog....you have no idea!!!!.....You came on here(not this thread) saying Pete Charlick is a legend :D What has Pete Charlick ever done to be labelled a legend? Never did much as a player...I believe he never played any higher than P&D and only managed a DJM side that was successful only at Intermediate standard..... :wacko:

The "Gary" who you obviously do not know is a well respected figure in SWPL Premier League....assistant-manager of a side in mid-table. Gary was a very successful manager with teams in P&D and Combination Leagues.

You obviously are very green when it comes to what you know of local Senior football.

However, I believe that Gary was a little harsh in his assessment of Demitri Kanakh. Demo is a young footballer with potential to be very good. At the moment he is still finding his way at this level and not the finished article.

So how are vospers doin in the league now then?

Anyone know which of the 3 marjons first team players they have signed? My best friend is the joint captain so go watch up there when im off work on wednesdays etc.

And as for Demitri Kanakh, what happened at blazey? i always thought he was a quality player for tamarside, even asked him to come sign for us when i saw him out in the summer, but as we were both ruined im sure he took no notice!

Guest chrissssss

demitri kanakh or watever his second name is, is a quality player when he wants to be and will be one of the best in that league talent wise, and is also a gr8 lad. at st blazey i think it was his attitude that let him down, as bobby oaten had a large squad.

The lads signed from Marjons are:

Olly Deadman

Mike Wright

Joe Long

Mark Halse

Dave Asbury

Aaron Maynard

With these guys added to the 'local' boys that have recently joined, on paper the squad looks very good. When it begins to click they will pull themselves out of where they are. Teams that have played them recently would agree that they are beginning to play some good football. Perhaps they wouldn't be where they are now if this group and backroom team had started the season together?

The lads signed from Marjons are:

Olly Deadman

Mike Wright

Joe Long

Mark Halse

Dave Asbury

Aaron Maynard

With these guys added to the 'local' boys that have recently joined, on paper the squad looks very good. When it begins to click they will pull themselves out of where they are. Teams that have played them recently would agree that they are beginning to play some good football. Perhaps they wouldn't be where they are now if this group and backroom team had started the season together?

Prof you know where to get advice,a journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step. :drink: