Cornwall Football Forum

Senior cup officials!!

Why do we have to have to pay for ref's assistant's in the first round of the senior cup and deny some junior clubs no ref at all? not only costing the clubs extra cash ! If it is ccfa rules i think they should pay the extra cash that it costs the local village teams who don't have the backing of some mega money property developer's to fund his toy!! But my local team played against a team in the same league today so why do we have to pay extra for this ? I am sorry but only the last 3 rounds in this comp should have them! :c:

My suggestion for this issue would be:

As all Senior level clubs have to be the laws of the ccfa have a qualified assistant referee for all league games, why cant they be used by the ccfa as neutral assistants at different games other than their own clubs for senior cup? They could still be paid as per normal, but it would free up at least a dozen referee's for lower level matches. Im sure most of these assistants wouldnt mind doing it if they knew it kept alot of other games from being postponed.

Or would this just be too much common sense for the CCFA? lol

St Stephens Borough v Truro City Reserves might be a possibility - teams playing at Step 4 and above are exempt from entry - so Truro 1st team won't be in it! But, as the rules state "The first teams of all Senior Clubs affiliated to the Association must compete in the Competition." I'm not sure that Truro Resreves would be eligible either!

It is customary for the draw to be made on the Thursday evening following the previous round so expect the details to be public knowledge this coming Friday: the date of the next round is 6th December.

espeically when these 'official' refs have a right mare! As did they at the Illogan v St Ives encounter.

Fortunately Ryan Trelor's goal made up for the earlier mistake of dissallowing Ben Widdershoven's goal earlier in the game that was adjudged to be offside. You can give or take a few decisions to go the wrong way, but some of the decisions were comical

In the preliminary round of the Senior Cup, however, Portreath v St Just featured club assistants, which was perfectly ok. The usual story in the Senior Cup is that you find assistants making a fuss about all the silly laws that commonsense Combo refs never bother with andsheaves of cards, maximising CCFA revenue from the game on top of the ludicrous treble charge. It's worse if there's a replay....this once led to St Just having to pay for the same officials who had run a game at Morwenstow the week before coming down to Penwith.

Then there's the veteran ref from Penryn who charged the club extra miles because his wife wanted to be taken to Truro shopping en route.....

The most important competition ? Hands up any Combo club that would not prefer to go out of the Senior Cup early rather than lose three league points...even at the cost of a big-money full-house second round match against one of the major clubs like Delabole or Millbrook !

The club lino suggestion would be interesting, but many club linos also make the tea, pay the ref, get the dogcrap off the pitch, do the gate as well...would all that be thrown in ? :blink: