Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results 18/10/08

Guest BenTimmo

Guest BenTimmo

FHFL Results 18/10/08

Percy Stephens Cup 1st Round

St Day 0 v 5 Wendron (ht 0-2)

A good win for Wendron, beating higher division opposition. First half was all St Day, with only 3 attacks for Wendron, but 2 of them were taken, and we simply pulled away from there.

FHFL 1

Holmans v Helston

CANCELLED - NO REFEREE

Percy Stephens Cup

Penryn Ath 3 Falmouth Town 4 h/t 1-2

First goal for Penryn after 18 seconds but Falmouth ahead at the break.Penryn levelled then took the lead with about 20 mins to go.Back came Falmouth to level and score the winner with 2 minutes left.

Good,competitive local derby but players behaved themselves.

Chacewater 6 Stithians 0 h/t 2-0

Five goals for Mike Elliott and a single from Matt Saunders.

Penryn 3-4 Falmouth town :thumbsup:

Scorers 4 falmouth, ross bowden 3, adam barnicoat

Penryn scorers, not sure if kev watts or joe roberts had 1st, james page and taylor

good game of football, physical game as expected from a derby, end to end for the entire 90 mins could of gone either way

Guest Dave Sobey

PERCY STEPHENS CUP

CHACEWATER 6 STITHIANS 0

FALMOUTH ATH 6 FALMOUTH ALB 0

FROGPOOL 0 PERRANWELL 8

MAWNAN 3 LIZARD 1

PENRYN 3 FALMOUTH TOWN 4

PORTHLEVEN RANG 2 LANNER 1

ST DAY 0 WENDRON 5

TRISPEN 3 CARHARRACK 2 aet

TROON 3 CAMBORNE PARK 0

BARKER BOWL

MAWGAN 4 MAWNAN 3

PERRANPORTH 0 CULDROSE 4

TERRY JENNINGS

MULLION 4 HAYLE 1

WENDON 11 ROSUDGEON 0

DIVISION ONE

HOLMANS v HELSTON OFF

ST KEVERNE 6 PENDEEN 0

TRURO CITY 2 MOUSEHOLE 2

DIVISION TWO

HAYLE 2 CONSTANTINE 5

ROSUDGEON 0 MARAZION 0

DIVISION THREE

CONSTANTINE 2 ST DAY 4

LIZARD 1 PENRYN 5

STITHIANS v FALMOUTH ATH OFF

yes a rappop hattrick but not one of his greatest lol. a very unaware 2nd goal but he seems 2 b claimin it lol.. but a very well taken volley in aet. and i penalty. but moment of the match was either the new boots rappo brought with the £40 he owes me not being able 2 keep the big man on his feet and fallin ass over tip or rappo findin a sudden burst of speed 2 run almost 30 yards to his wife and kids on the line.. neway gd game very long game with the ref findin sum huge amounts of injury time.. all best trispen :drink:

Wendron IV 11 - Rosudgeon Res 0 HT 7-0

Both teams actually started the game with 10 men, out keeper hadnt arrived so we started with our striker in goal, thankfully he turned up after 5 mins, altho he had very little to do. We took the game to Rosudgeon with some lovely pass and move football, our two wide men ripping the away defence to pieces.

We made changes at half time and we a little slow to get going in the 2nd half, but got back to playing our football and more goals came. Excellent performance from everyone. The Rosudgeon team kept fighting, and had some spells of pressure on our defence, but nothing really trouble our keeper.

Goals: Alan Rogers 3, Ryan Lewis 3, Tony Pentecost 2, Ricky Wickes 1, Neil Bartlett 1, Rob Bevington 1

Home next week to St Day, back to league action for Billys army!

Pete

Thanks Jamie for those kind words. Promised I'd make your dad a cup of tea at work on Monday if I scored a hat-trick so I'd better get the PG Tips in tomorrow!!!! Chuffed with my volley seeing it was on my left foot and yeah my second goal wasn't my best ever but it takes class to spin it off your left shin pad like that.....not many players could have done that!!!! I noticed you didn't mention the 2 headers I had disallowed for nothing so I scored 5 really mate!!!! Must have been funny when I slipped over - heard on the news there was an earthquake in Truro at the same time!!! Knew it was a mistake wearing my mouldies and not my studs. As for running over to me Mrs - if you had a Mrs like mine you would run 30 yards to give her a kiss as well!!! Seriously though - good game mate and Carharrack are a great bunch of lads. All the best for the season. Hope you're back playing soon. :thumbsup:

Mawgan vs Mawnan

This was a different day for the Mawnan lads and sometimes we have to remember that there are more importnant things than football, all players wore black armbands in respect for the player that Mawnan lost this week and the 1 minutes silence was observed impeccably. Once the game got underway it was a closely contested cup tie which Mawgan came out on top 4-3.

I would usually go into a bit more detail but as I have already mentioned it was a day to remember more than a game of football.

RIP Dom from everyone at Mawgan

Thanks Jamie for those kind words. Promised I'd make your dad a cup of tea at work on Monday if I scored a hat-trick so I'd better get the PG Tips in tomorrow!!!! Chuffed with my volley seeing it was on my left foot and yeah my second goal wasn't my best ever but it takes class to spin it off your left shin pad like that.....not many players could have done that!!!! I noticed you didn't mention the 2 headers I had disallowed for nothing so I scored 5 really mate!!!! Must have been funny when I slipped over - heard on the news there was an earthquake in Truro at the same time!!! Knew it was a mistake wearing my mouldies and not my studs. As for running over to me Mrs - if you had a Mrs like mine you would run 30 yards to give her a kiss as well!!! Seriously though - good game mate and Carharrack are a great bunch of lads. All the best for the season. Hope you're back playing soon. :thumbsup:

Heard, that your winner was a screamer Rappo. I had to laugh when my dad, not one to mix his words, told me the referee came over to him and our other vocal supporter Barry on a few occasions to leave the pitch. When my dad asked why, the referee said it was because he called the lino a cheat, my dads reply "Well he is a cheat, I was in line with him and he was no way offside". :D Then again I also heard our lino was the man of the match. Shame I missed the game, will buy you a pint when we next got you mate. :smiley20:

St Kev 6 - 0 Pendeen Rovers (ht 1-0) got what we deserved stuffed well done St Kev...we also help there matter by finishing with 8 men!!! :SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton: CFA drinks on us!

Bloody hell Shane what happened! Not like Pendeen boys to get sent off. :thumbsup:

sorry Rich,aint been on for a few days mate! got me mum up staying.went bingo tonight! didnt have a sniff! eyes down and missed the uefa cup games for that!!! dont know bout two fat ladies but there was one fat bloke after i had me burger and chips for £1.99!!!! sorry didnt see you saturday,it was a good game mate.your boys looked smart in their shirts and ties.decent side as well,think you,ll do well this season.your dad said you got the box nets going up at your place as well,will look smart with the set up you,ve got there.could have gone either way but the old left peg come up trumps again!!! (just swung it really!) your dads a star bud,top bloke,says it like it is! will catch up with you sometime during the season rich,all the best mate, Rappo :thumbsup: :c: