Cornwall Football Forum

Belarus vs England

Guest Postie Pidge

Great result, but still same old problems in midfield. Gerrard and lampard look ok when going forward but Belarus at times dominated the midfield because the pair are not defensively minded. To be fair both appeared lazy and when the ball did break they were trotting along miles behind. England cannot have that luxury. They obviously cannot play together so it is time to leave one of them out as England need a balanced midfield and it just is not there. With Hargreaves and possibly Carrick in the midfield England will look better.

Walcott is still playing hot and cold, but not Heskey and Rooney who are fast becoming a good pairing. The defence seemed ok although they had to work hard when Gerrard and Lampard went missing and let Belarus have the freedom of the park.

Overall ok and the win will give them plenty of confidence after all it is the best start England have ever had.

Guest Peppermint

No matter how the game went there will always be some improvements that can be made and I am sure when Hargreaves is fit he will play a part.

Cappelo seems an astute manager and he is gradually building a good team and it is great to look at the table and see England in the clear. The England manager does not seem the type to rest on his laurels but will seeking to improve the team at every opportunity.

Message for Gillo10 - sorry mate you are quite correct that the Forum is great and everybody has different opinions and that is why we all contribute.

well said peppermint. I cant really comment on the game as didnt get to watch it and was half asleep during highlights. But even i cant grumble at 12pts from 4 games. Would like to say more but i gotta plane to catch, see ya'll in two wks and good luck to all your sides, especially Mawnan and Falmouth Town! :drink:

Guest Peppermint

Have a great holiday Gillo10 -hopefully you can keep up to date on the net while you are away. When I was in Spain recently it was nice to log on to the Forum.