Cornwall Football Forum

Perranporth Vs Wendron

This game ended up 9 nil to Perran who were a very well drilled team that had Mike Cain on the bench, Sam Moustrides injured, Lee Darke injured (presumably as he is never fit) and Matt Salmon not there. However Wendron also missed a number of key players from previous weeks.

The result is a fair one with Perran playing some awesome football the two players who stood out for me were Kayne Trevaskis who has improved a lot since i have last seen him play and Bryan Hawke who i always thought was a bit overrated in the 2 or 3 time i have seen him play but today looked and was class (maybe the switch from upfront to wing has helped him).

Despite the game being 9 nil to the home side and probably fair to same future champions the Wendron side played some good football. In the first 20 minutes especially Wendron passed the ball around neatly when they had possesion on the deck and did themselves proud without really threatening Andy Butchers goal.

Nice to enjoy a pint of Rattler at the end of the game also.

Whitney you're not giving your guys enough credit for the way they played today. They never gave up and played some great football right up to the end of the game, quite a feat on such a hot day. Seeing you running the line in your socks gave me a chuckle too!! :lol::lol::lol: For our guys I thought Rob Stapleton was awesome at the back (although we missed his wit on the bench!), Rusty Rowsen played a fantastic game and I totally agree with you about Bryan Hawke and Kayne Trevaskis :thumbsup:

I can see you lurking there CTB so here you go: Scorers were Hawke (3), Rowsen (2), Trevaskis (2), Andrew, Harris. I would say about 60 turned out to watch which isn't bad considering Wendron had to travel so far and their 1st team had a game at Penryn.

Your right Ronin the Wendron players battled all 90 minutes, never gave up and ran there socks off and were all a credit to the club. And as I said they played football the right way by passing the ball on the deck but came up against a very strong side today - wont happen every week !!

Good to see a few old team mates and friendly faces today also - Cant believe that someone has taught Alex to pass the ball though !!